Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Star25 wrote: »
    Hello again!
    Ok so you can upload anything as part of the letter of explanation. I ended up just uploading a word document explaining that 2 of my jobs overlapped. So if you wanted you could just explain your situation on a word doc and upload it here also. Hope this helps!

thanks a million ya i think il put college in the 295 form and put a word document in about the chartered accountants and that i am not graduating yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LinnViz

I validated IMM1295 application form. It generated barcodes at the bottom. I set the date at the bottom of the form. Everything seemed fine (no errors). Tried to upload it and got the following:

Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

For anyone having this problem - one tip that seemed to fix it for me was, do not use Acrobat Pro for saving the doc. I redid mine only using Reader and it worked after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Surfn wrote: »
    @youngmandillon i dont know m8, its a tricky 1 to call, i done a search on boards.ie and get a mixed opinion on this. if you lived there for longer than 6 months, would you not be classed as a resident at that time. have you submitted your application yet

yeah i submitted mine on the 7th .i dont know either suppose time will tell ,on iec facebook page there was girl applying from oz and she was sayin she needed one ..hopefully not, it be pain in d ass goin through that agin ..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kerbear86

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
    Yes. You may also need to provide a Traffic History printout, depending on which states you lived in while in Australia.

Which Australian police clearances are acceptable?

Applicants must provide a Standard Disclosure – name check. Certificates can be obtained through the Australian Federal Police.

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
    Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
    Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state.

are u sure its just not residents of oz that need traffic history ? as it states RESIDENTS ,i just got the name check meself
    Thank you, I don't think I need one as I was only in Perth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

kerbear86 wrote: »
    Thank you, I don't think I need one as I was only in Perth :)

u need police cert for every country u LIVED IN FOR LONGER THAN SIX MONTHS ..
    so if u stayed in perth for 6 month u need too get police clearance ,ie the police name check

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

im waiting since monday of last week for my conditional letter so hang tough im sure its on its way!!

Has the status of your IEC assessment changed to verified?

Me the preacher of everyone to calm down is getting a little worried, I should have been sent my msg and it appears Ive been waiting longer then everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

did anyone else include details of unemployment as well as employment on the imm1295 form? last year go4less told me to do it. is it the same this year? has anyone received their LOI without having given this information?
    last years form said to include it but it's worded differently this year. no mention of including retirement/studying or unemployment. just double checking........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

Anyone else waiting for payment verification? I am on day 15 now, not heard a thing. Getting good info though, for when I (hopefully) get onto the CIC stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Hi Guys, hoping some of ye can help me with a query:

Last year I applied for the IEC 2012 program. I was deemed ineligible due to the fact that I had lived outside my country of residency(Ireland) for more than 18 months out of the previous 3 years. (habitual residency rule -which has been removed from the program this year)

On the IMM1295 form there is a question asking "Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Do I need to answer Yes to this? Was I refused the visa or was I deemed ineligible to continue on with application? I'm not sure if there is a difference! I'm a little bit worried if I answer Yes that it could go against me.....

u need police cert for every country u LIVED IN FOR LONGER THAN SIX MONTHS ..
    so if u stayed in perth for 6 month u need too get police clearance ,ie the police name check
    I know, I have submitted that, but I don't think I need a driving history. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Conditional letter of acceptance got. Thank god! waiting since last Tuesday and just came in there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Martyn1989 wrote: »

Me the preacher of everyone to calm down is getting a little worried, I should have been sent my msg and it appears Ive been waiting longer then everyone else

Send them a quick reminder message in the IEC that you haven't received your letter yet. Don't ask any questions just make it short and to the point of why you're messaging them. I did the same and got my letter about an hour after. Maybe it's coincidence but worth a shot imo.

Hi Guys, hoping some of ye can help me with a query:

Last year I applied for the IEC 2012 program. I was deemed ineligible due to the fact that I had lived outside my country of residency(Ireland) for more than 18 months out of the previous 3 years. (habitual residency rule -which has been removed from the program this year)

On the IMM1295 form there is a question asking "Have you ever been refused any kind of visa, admission, or been ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Do I need to answer Yes to this? Was I refused the visa or was I deemed ineligible to continue on with application? I'm not sure if there is a difference! I'm a little bit worried if I answer Yes that it could go against me.....

i asked a kind of similar question before regarding my uci number. i wasn't sure if i actually had one or if i did but just didn't know what it was. i was also rejected last year for the same reason. turns out that i wouldn't have had a uci because technically i didn't apply. the iec determine your eligibility. the cic determine whether or not you get a work permit. therefore, your application didn't make it as far as the cic department because the iec prevented it from going that far. this is my understanding anyway.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Send them a quick reminder message in the IEC that you haven't received your letter yet. Don't ask any questions just make it short and to the point of why you're messaging them. I did the same and got my letter about an hour after. Maybe it's coincidence but worth a shot imo.

yeh good shout I just did that

it was short and sweet but could have been shorter, Ill give em 24 hrs and shoot a shorter one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Martyn1989 wrote: »

just checked there 5mins ago and i have received my conditional letter of acceptance!!

just checked there 5mins ago and i have received my conditional letter of acceptance!!

bastard ;)

i asked a kind of similar question before regarding my uci number. i wasn't sure if i actually had one or if i did but just didn't know what it was. i was also rejected last year for the same reason. turns out that i wouldn't have had a uci because technically i didn't apply. the iec determine your eligibility. the cic determine whether or not you get a work permit. therefore, your application didn't make it as far as the cic department because the iec prevented it from going that far. this is my understanding anyway.

Ok, cheers mate. That is my understanding too but I just wanted to clarify!!

did anyone else include details of unemployment as well as employment on the imm1295 form? last year go4less told me to do it. is it the same this year? has anyone received their LOI without having given this information?
    last years form said to include it but it's worded differently this year. no mention of including retirement/studying or unemployment. just double checking........

help.....? anyone.....? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Can I ask roughly what your WTN number is?? Im waiting since Monday 4th feb aswel and still nothing!! head... is... WRECKED!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

del777 wrote: »
    Can I ask roughly what your WTN number is?? Im waiting since Monday 4th feb aswel and still nothing!! head... is... WRECKED!!!

WTN under 2000 and waiting for payment verification since Jan 30th!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

WTN is 26**

there seems to be no order, a friend of mine was in the late 3000's and he has his with a few days now

Mossywolf wrote: »
    WTN under 2000 and waiting for payment verification since Jan 30th!

Youre still waiting for payment verification?? Jeez thats a long time, i had mine verified last Monday and just waiting for the conditional letter since... some people are as far as gotten their letter of induction already!!!:(

WTN is 26**

there seems to be no order, a friend of mine was in the late 3000's and he has his with a few days now

ye im between 550-600 and nothing yet... fingers crossed it comes tonight!

Hey guys

On the IM1295 form there is a section Employment where they ask you to enter all your employment details for the last 10 years but there is only 3 fields on the form to enter the details into. I have worked in much more jobs than 3 in the last 10 years. I suspect that this would be the case with a lot of people, how have other people dealt with this issue?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jmcurran

help! has anyone received this error message??

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.
    I am filling in my name and answers correctly! i have emailed cic but havent had any response yet :(

jmcurran wrote: »
    help! has anyone received this error message??

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.
    I am filling in my name and answers correctly! i have emailed cic but havent had any response yet :(
    You need to select "I agree" at the bottom of the page, before your signature

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lf2012

Hey everyone im currently livin in canada for da last 6 months jus filling out dis years forms does anyone knw if i need a police cert from canada!! Tanks

Hey guys

On the IM1295 form there is a section Employment where they ask you to enter all your employment details for the last 10 years but there is only 3 fields on the form to enter the details into. I have worked in much more jobs than 3 in the last 10 years. I suspect that this would be the case with a lot of people, how have other people dealt with this issue?

Thanks!

i think you're supposed to include the rest in the letter of explanation. are you including details of unemployment as well. you'd know what i'm talking about as you applied last year also. it doesn't actually ask you for it this time around though. just wandering what everyone else is doing. include unemployment or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Lf2012 wrote: »
    Hey everyone im currently livin in canada for da last 6 months jus filling out dis years forms does anyone knw if i need a police cert from canada!! Tanks

I'm in the same situation, I got one just to be on the safe side. I'm not sure if they require the fingerprint option? any ideas anyone?

• Advertisement

Lf2012 wrote: »

No, you dont need a police cert from Canada.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement