Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

does it matter if you already registered for a MYCIC key before you did all the IEC submission stuff? or can you just input everything you got from the IEC forms onto an existing CIC account?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

i think you're supposed to include the rest in the letter of explanation. are you including details of unemployment as well. you'd know what i'm talking about as you applied last year also. it doesn't actually ask you for it this time around though. just wandering what everyone else is doing. include unemployment or not?

hmm, not sure. For the application last year I did include details of unemployment but it did ask you on last years form to include these details. I would probably be inclined to include unemployment details on this years form too. I reckon you are better off giving all details of the last 10 years rather than omitting anything and having immigration come back and ask you to provide more details as this could slow down your application. This is the approach that I will be following unless someone else informs me that this is incorrect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

del777 wrote: »
    Youre still waiting for payment verification?? Jeez thats a long time, i had mine verified last Monday and just waiting for the conditional letter since... some people are as far as gotten their letter of induction already!!!:(

Ya, not stressful at all, haha.Day 15 now waiting for it, wouldn't be so bad if there werent a 1000 odd folk waiting for people to be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Finally got my photo sorted and application sent, just hope the photos ok tho :D

One thing though, were do you get the CIC number for your Kompass account?? I got a email on my CIC to say my document has been submitted etc and theirs a reference at the top called "Application no", is this the CIC number??

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

My payment FINALLY got verified this evening... Yay!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Finally got my photo sorted and application sent, just hope the photos ok tho :D

One thing though, were do you get the CIC number for your Kompass account?? I got a email on my CIC to say my document has been submitted etc and theirs a reference at the top called "Application no", is this the CIC number??

When you say got your photo sorted what do you mean? I have scanned my photo and have got it to the requirements they specify but the file size is 300kb rather the 240kb they advise....

When you say got your photo sorted what do you mean? I have scanned my photo and have got it to the requirements they specify but the file size is 300kb rather the 240kb they advise....

i had a nightmare with mine. Sent it to a friend and she did it all for me :D I couldnt get right it all.

i had a nightmare with mine. Sent it to a friend and she did it all for me :D I couldnt get right it all.

They say ideally 240kb. 60kb over that is not too much (kbs are pretty small) so I am going to use the 300kb photo I have saved....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

Got my conditional acceptence at midnight and sent off all my CiC stuff there. Now just another round of the waiting game. My boyfriend is Scottish and the UK IEC just opened as I was talking to him so had the "joy" of re-living the whole experience! Getting there, step by agonisingly slow and painful step

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

Just got myConditional acceptance into the IEC. Do you have to pay another $150 for the cic part does anyone no?

• Advertisement

alanmc87 wrote: »
    Just got myConditional acceptance into the IEC. Do you have to pay another $150 for the cic part does anyone no?

Theirs no more payments:D

ukulayla wrote: »
    Got my conditional acceptence at midnight and sent off all my CiC stuff there. Now just another round of the waiting game. My boyfriend is Scottish and the UK IEC just opened as I was talking to him so had the "joy" of re-living the whole experience! Getting there, step by agonisingly slow and painful step

what did you do for your CIC number??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    My payment FINALLY got verified this evening... Yay!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congrats Sparkle! Such a long wait for you! Now you can breath! When/where you thinking of heading?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

what did you do for your CIC number??

was literally coming on here to ask the exact same question haha! I think it's the application number at the top of the letter. I mean, there don't seem to be any other numbers on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Hoping somebody can shed some light for me. Both my husband and I submitted our visa applications last weekend (all the myCIC forms etc). Last night we both received messages into our myCIC account asking us to upload our Police Certs. We obviously both did this origionally so now I can only assume that it was our names on the police certs that was wrong. On our visa applications it contains our middle name and on our Passport it has our middle name, but NOT on our Police Certs. Do you think this is all that is wrong and we just need to go back and have our middle name put on our cers. Im raging now as it was all submitted and I was sure I had everything perfect.

Any thoughts guys Id really appreciate as I dont want to mess this up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Maybe you uploaded each other's police certs to your accounts? I kept worrying I had done that as there's no way to view the document afterwards (that I could see anyway).

No We didnt as we were both working off different pc's.
    We were in Canada in 2010 for a year through Usit but we have been told we DONT need a police cert for Canada. God this is wrecking my head, if we upload it again, and we are still missing whatever it is they want, then we are sure to be rejected so I just really want to get this right.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Are your certs in date? i.e. less than 3 months old? You still have a few weeks to submit stuff, maybe message them and apply for a Canadian cert in the meantime to cover yourself?

Thanks Aliana! They were in date, only about 3 weeks old! Im going to mail them through MyCIC and see what they say. And like you said maybe apply for a Canadian cert in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

why is it that when i submitted my work permit application i cant click into the review application tab or the payment tab or the apllication submitted tab? anyone encountering this or is it perfectly normal?
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

ok so gained access to the site just now, onto stage 2 but i am stuck and a bit slow, dont know how to find the following :(

"To begin Stage 2, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and complete the “Come to Canada” questions. This will enable you to create your own MyCIC account, which is required to initiate your work permit application. Please note that Stage 2 is administered by CIC.",

Can anybody help me to to do this, thanks :D

danny2013 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

ok so gained access to the site just now, onto stage 2 but i am stuck and a bit slow, dont know how to find the following :(

"To begin Stage 2, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and complete the “Come to Canada” questions. This will enable you to create your own MyCIC account, which is required to initiate your work permit application. Please note that Stage 2 is administered by CIC.",

Can anybody help me to to do this, thanks :D

i think its this you have to do first the come to canada questionnaire which you use in the mycic acc

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

mate use this link
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp and fill it out

click on register/login down at the right hand side of the page. and set up a username and password and you will need to think of security questions and answers

Just do that and whats after that ha, sorry for stupid questions, signed up cic account. thanks for the links lads :D

Just do that and whats after that ha, sorry for stupid questions, signed up cic account. thanks for the links lads :D

you use the code from the questionnaire come to canada to create application in mycic and then upload all your documents.

ok i made a mistake, i revoked my key and now i cant log in, damm :(, just set up a new account :(

• Advertisement

ok i made a mistake, i revoked my key and now i cant log in, damm :(, just set up a new account :(

can you not make a new password, password recovery option.

if you used gckey log in there's a forgot your password option below, click that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement