Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im currently filling out the 1295E form. Im at the contact info part.
    It has space to fill in a po box, Apt/unit/ Street no, Post code and district.
    My address doesn't use any of these so is it best to leave them blank or stick n/a in them? The po box wont accept n/a but the rest seem to.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

Hello everyone...where did i get my UCI? trying to upload IMM5707E.pdf file on mycic which is a nightmare keeps saying its incomplete

LinnViz wrote: »
    I validated IMM1295 application form. It generated barcodes at the bottom. I set the date at the bottom of the form. Everything seemed fine (no errors). Tried to upload it and got the following:

Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

For anyone having this problem - one tip that seemed to fix it for me was, do not use Acrobat Pro for saving the doc. I redid mine only using Reader and it worked after that.

I going to try this but does anyone know how to redo it using Reader? keeps saying this when I try upload the form,,,SO FUSTRATING!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Congrats to those with their LOI's already :D

All that talk about the permit validity a couple pages back just gave me heart palpitations. I was like ya wha, when did they change that shiz up, cos then I won't be in the dang country 5 mins before they be telling me to piss off home again!!! Glad to see it seems ironed out :D

Also interesting that they have removed the hab residency from the Brit apps. Bit peeved cos I coulda applied on my Brit passport stead of getting an Irish one, but tis done now so!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 podge22

Just got my conditional acceptance yesterday. It says to do a come to canada questionnaire but the link doesn't work- is it the "living in canada" one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

podge22 wrote: »
    Just got my conditional acceptance yesterday. It says to do a come to canada questionnaire but the link doesn't work- is it the "living in canada" one?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp click on the start button.

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

ukulayla wrote: »
    was literally coming on here to ask the exact same question haha! I think it's the application number at the top of the letter. I mean, there don't seem to be any other numbers on it?

Yeah thats the one I was thinking but Im not 100% sure if thats it. Does anybody know if this is the CIC number?
    BFassassin wrote: »
    Im currently filling out the 1295E form. Im at the contact info part.
    It has space to fill in a po box, Apt/unit/ Street no, Post code and district.
    My address doesn't use any of these so is it best to leave them blank or stick n/a in them? The po box wont accept n/a but the rest seem to.

Just leave them blank bud you should be fine :)
    The_Poznan wrote: »
    Hello everyone...where did i get my UCI? trying to upload IMM5707E.pdf file on mycic which is a nightmare keeps saying its incomplete

Poznan we dont have a UCI number so just leave it blank

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Aliana wrote: »
    Are your certs in date? i.e. less than 3 months old? You still have a few weeks to submit stuff, maybe message them and apply for a Canadian cert in the meantime to cover yourself?

Irish police certs have 1 year

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

So folks, is it the IMM5645E application or the IMM5707 application that we fill out and upload?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Either or by all accounts, but I'd go with the 5707 that they have on the site..

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Either or by all accounts, but I'd go with the 5707 that they have on the site..

But it's written on the 5707 from to use the other one if you're not from a certain country :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Bhob if you go back through previous posts this may help I used IMM 5707 myself fingers crossed!

There's 290 pages, not a chances im going back through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

When registering for a MyCIC account, Did you's use the GCkey or the sign in partner option?

Really dont have a clue what im doing..

GCkey

evan2509 wrote: »
    When registering for a MyCIC account, Did you's use the GCkey or the sign in partner option?

Really dont have a clue what im doing..

use the gckey to register and log into mycic

GCKey is the easiest

Thanks lads. Ive a feeling it wont be my last question about this stage.

Anybody have an idea about the medical exam? I'm a but confused as to what needs to be done

• Advertisement

Anybody have an idea about the medical exam? I'm a but confused as to what needs to be done

You only need one done if you're going to be working in certain area's like health, working with children etc

Thanks bhob! Where does it say that?

http://www.go4less.ie/canada-visa under the medical cert tab

It says

"Based on your answers, you need to get a medical exam performed by an authorized doctor.

You may continue with your application, and will be contacted by CIC if you need to get a medical exam."

Do I just continue? I lived in Australia last year, and I know i dont need a medical. So I presume its ok to continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Apologies if this has been answered before:
    Just having a look at the MyCIC section of the application (it seems fairly straightforward) and wondering about the payment section at the bottom. Have we not already paid our fees through iKompass, or is there an extra charge?
    Thanks in advance

Great thanks again, any idea about signatures? Last question! It's so confusing because it says you don't need to sign then you see people don't get accepted because they have no signatures.

Shalamov wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been answered before:
    Just having a look at the MyCIC section of the application (it seems fairly straightforward) and wondering about the payment section at the bottom. Have we not already paid our fees through iKompass, or is there an extra charge?
    Thanks in advance

i wouldn't worry about that, if you paid the fee in stage 1 your ok. i could be wrong.

gary27 wrote: »
    i wouldn't worry about that, if you paid the fee in stage 1 your ok. i could be wrong.

I eventually got my IMM 1295 to upload...so what do I next lads? There is no continue button it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Great thanks again, any idea about signatures? Last question! It's so confusing because it says you don't need to sign then you see people don't get accepted because they have no signatures.

I signed the family form, didn't sign the 1295, got my LOI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Letter of Introduction received.
    Tonight Stage 2 shall be filled out.
    Thanks be ta foooooooooooook!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement