Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Panthro wrote: »
    Letter of Introduction received.
    Tonight Stage 2 shall be filled out.
    Thanks be ta foooooooooooook!:D

you mean the conditional letter for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

Hi i lived in UK back in 08/09 - do i need a police cert for there. i persume so.
    Also I lived in Canada in 2011 on the usit visa - do i need a police cert for canada - does any one know?
    Any help on this would be kindly appreciated :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gary27 wrote: »
    you mean the conditional letter for stage 2?

Oh yeah sorry, that's the one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cianmerrigan

@Aliana, Where you waiting long for your LOI??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

she said one week i think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 outofthisrock

Everybody here seems to have gotten their letter of introduction, please tell me tell me there are people who haven't heard from them yet??

no mate your the only one still waiting;):o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Everybody here seems to have gotten their letter of introduction, please tell me tell me there are people who haven't heard from them yet??

No I'm waiting 15 days
    JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no mate your the only one still waiting;):o

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Filled out all the questions for stage 2, got my personal code, and then reslised we had to print that page and i dont have a printer at home, just in work, so tried to save the page and email it to my work address but dunno will it work. if not i might just have to start a new one..

Does anyone know is the police certificate valid if i got it last June, or does is have to be 3 months ??

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Filled out all the questions for stage 2, got my personal code, and then reslised we had to print that page and i dont have a printer at home, just in work, so tried to save the page and email it to my work address but dunno will it work. if not i might just have to start a new one..

Does anyone know is the police certificate valid if i got it last June, or does is have to be 3 months ??

Your police cert is supposed to be issued from within the last 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 TCH

Got my LOI last night but on my Kompass account it still says Immigration assessment and final decision pending. have we to do something else or will it change itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marvellousj

well folks. did anyone scan a passport photo and use it as the digital photo in stage 2?

is your loi message being sent to the kompass account or the MY CIC one?:D

WasterEx wrote: »
    Send them a quick reminder message in the IEC that you haven't received your letter yet. Don't ask any questions just make it short and to the point of why you're messaging them. I did the same and got my letter about an hour after. Maybe it's coincidence but worth a shot imo.

Ok I just received my Conditional Acceptance after sending them a very short reminder, in the title field I just put 'No Conditional Acceptance after 15 days waiting', in the msg I just repeated that with my dates. Sorted :D

Even though I'm already here I'm getting excited.

it was sent to the my cic account but i assume the kompass one will be updated otherwise, why would the immigration assement/final decision parts be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

TCH, how long were you waiting after you submitted ur forms to CIC?
    Thanks and congrats.

submitted my forms to CIC thursday the 7th, got the LOI or the POE introduction letter as the mail is calling it late last night.

Yeah its the application number on the submission letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 podge22

So I filled out all the forms on the CIC account- except for one that says Authority to release personal information and another that asks for the proof of medical exam. What do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Ok I just received my Conditional Acceptance after sending them a very short reminder, in the title field I just put 'No Conditional Acceptance after 15 days waiting', in the msg I just repeated that with my dates. Sorted :D

Hi Martyn, did they ask u for canadian police certs since ur already there? and did they question your current status?

Thanks, I'm in the same situation.

• Advertisement

Hi Martyn, did they ask u for canadian police certs since ur already there? and did they question your current status?

Thanks, I'm in the same situation.

My understanding is we don't need Canadian police certs, however I wouldn't need one because I havn't been here over 6 months but I believe its not necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

Maybe my "I've been waiting 17 days for payment verification" email to them might do something. This thing is a pain in the ass. At this stage, its not even better than last year. At least then, it took everyone months to get their visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Maybe my "I've been waiting 17 days for payment verification" email to them might do something. This thing is a pain in the ass. At this stage, its not even better than last year. At least then, it took everyone months to get their visas.

Mossywolf, can you please let me know if you get any response to that email? Thanks:D (still waiting on payment verification)

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Mossywolf, can you please let me know if you get any response to that email? Thanks:D (still waiting on payment verification)

I followed Wasterex's advice, you just want to send the shortest msg possible to them through the mymessages part of your account.

They won't reply but someone should look at your account and hopefully sort it out.

I know its tough but keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

I found that very politely worded emails did the job for me. I had several issues with payment, had to send 3 emails and got responses within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭andyd12

Hi,
    Tried entering my 'personal checklist code' on mycic site, says code is invalid. Have gone through the welcome to Canada process twice now and neither personal checklist code will work:confused:
    Looks like the site has crashed now, anyone shed any light?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

andyd12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Tried entering my 'personal checklist code' on mycic site, says code is invalid. Have gone through the welcome to Canada process twice now and neither personal checklist code will work:confused:
    Looks like the site has crashed now, anyone shed any light?

yeah, I can't log into site either now. :-(

yeah, I can't log into site either now. :-(

Must be because they've opened for the UK, waiting times are going to be a whole lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭andyd12

Must be because they've opened for the UK, waiting times are going to be a whole lot longer.
    You can have nothing with them hoores. First the famine, rugby last week and now the visas!!:rolleyes::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

mycic just opened with safari for me... was having no luck with chrome. Internet voodoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement