Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

gary27 wrote: »
    thanks, you see the 5707 form where it has yes and no ticks for the applicant you tick yes correct? your hardly accompanying yourself :D.

I did actually say i would be accompanying myself for the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

b_cro87 wrote: »
    Thanks so much, that seemed to work for me. I still put in my "intended work" in canada, but instead of my 'description of duties', I simply put in Not applicable, and it uploaded fine!

Much appreciated pal!!!

What about the signature? Do we print out the form and sign it? Or is it a digital signature? If its a digital signature how do we do this?

Thanks!

izzykov21 wrote: »
    Hi lads:)

My name is Izzy, and I'm polish. I've been living in Ireland for a good few years but it's a decision time now :) Canada is my next stop (hopefully)

I have to apply through Poland, and the application haven't started yet for us (the joys of being polish haha) but I'm fallowing this topic (from time to time) just to know more about the whole process :)

My plan was to go at the beginning of April, but coz the whole thing is delayed so much - I'm not so sure any more :(

Is there many people who received their Letter of Introduction? Just being curious how long does it roughly take :)

Thanks and good luck 2 everyone :)

This varies for each country, and depends on the embassy or visa office that issues the visa.
    On the CIC website it says Irish immigration applications are processed through the London embassy. It also says that the average processing time is 2months, or 8weeks.
    However there are some embassies listed that state that the process takes 4months. I would look up the site and see which embassy the Polish ones are issued through.
    I think there are only a small number of polish visas issued each year, so perhaps they are processed quicker than ours.

From this it would suggest Poland average is quicker than london by 1 month
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I did actually say i would be accompanying myself for the craic

yeah will be accompanying myself also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

This varies for each country, and depends on the embassy or visa office that issues the visa.
    On the CIC website it says Irish immigration applications are processed through the London embassy. It also says that the average processing time is 2months, or 8weeks.
    However there are some embassies listed that state that the process takes 4months. I would look up the site and see which embassy the Polish ones are issued through.
    I think there are only a small number of polish visas issued each year, so perhaps they are processed quicker than ours.

From this it would suggest Poland average is quicker than london by 1 month
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp

Thanks:) It doesn't give any info on the polish/canadian embassy, because it's still closed. But in the previous years it took aprox 1-4weeks.

We have only 650 places:( I'd say it will be pretty hard to get a spot :( but fingers crossed!

So did anyone get LOI yet? or maybe it's waaay to soon...

Heading to Calgary if everything will go according to the plan :)

Cheers :)

• Advertisement

Thanks:) It doesn't give any info on the polish/canadian embassy, because it's still closed. But in the previous years it took aprox 1-4weeks.

We have only 650 places:( I'd say it will be pretty hard to get a spot :( but fingers crossed!

So did anyone get LOI yet? or maybe it's waaay to soon...

Cheers :)

Yes a limited number of people that uploaded their documents on the 7th of feb have received their LOI about a week later.
    I would add that this speed is probably not going to continue as the office is flooded with more and more applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Yes a limited number of people that uploaded their documents on the 7th of feb have received their LOI about a week later.
    I would add that this speed is probably not going to continue as the office is flooded with more and more applications.

Oh good. Well apparently there is only 1 lady whose working in the IEC section in Warsaw, it should be fun so :)

It really takes ages for us... UK was opened on the 14th, well the first round anyway. 1000 places gone within 3 hours. But I think Irish people were the fastest ever!

Well I have nothing else to do...just wait and wait :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cro87

Ignore the signature, I think you will get a chance to do a digital signature at the end of the whole process before submission!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

Does anyone know if cic work weekends?! Did anyone get a Loi letter today? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I have uploaded everything except for the 5707 form and the police cert. I didnt digitally sign yet(do I have to before uploading the application?) In the 5707, I am trying to save it to my computer after editing and then upload it but I cant because of security restrictions, do I have to print it, sign it, and scan it to upload it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

stage 2 submitted ...thats that

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

yes u have to do exactly that, with a black pen, u can date it online before u print, date and sign everything. even if it doesnt apply to you, for example: i dont have kids but i still signed that part. then you just print it sign it and scan it like u mentioned

danny2013 wrote: »
    yes u have to do exactly that, with a black pen, u can date it online before u print, date and sign everything. even if it doesnt apply to you, for example: i dont have kids but i still signed that part. then you just print it sign it and scan it like u mentioned

never signed it you dont have to ..its a digital signature u do

• Registered Users Posts: 6 outofthisrock

I'm just in the middle of answering the questionnaire before setting up the cic account , and just came to the, "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with, or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?" question. I've been arrested only once in my entire life, about 11 months ago, for sitting and drinking in a parked car while being over the limit,(stupid I know) and now have to appear before a judge in march being charged with the "intention" to drive under the influence, (the whole thing is complete and utter bollocks btw, I had no intention to drive whatsoever and am just as against drink driving as any other person), I still haven't applied for my garda cert, I know I should be honest, but I'm afraid this is going to **** up for me. Should I just be honest and say yes, wait until after the court date or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i have to wait for my police cert to come from australia, i wasnt on the ball, i didnt think i needed it to i started reading on thread. hopefully get in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

I'm just in the middle of answering the questionnaire before setting up the cic account , and just came to the, "Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with, or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?" question. I've been arrested only once in my entire life, about 11 months ago, for sitting and drinking in a parked car while being over the limit,(stupid I know) and now have to appear before a judge in march being charged with the "intention" to drive under the influence, (the whole thing is complete and utter bollocks btw, I had no intention to drive whatsoever and am just as against drink driving as any other person), I still haven't applied for my garda cert, I know I should be honest, but I'm afraid this is going to **** up for me. Should I just be honest and say yes, wait until after the court date or what? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You dont have a criminal record at this point so I would just say no. Apply for your garda straight away and it will also state that you have no criminal conviction. But, you should prob really wait until you have your garda cert before uploading any docs as the dates on your uploaded forms will be different....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

hegarty147 wrote: »
    stage 2 submitted ...thats that

did it take long to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

Oh good. Well apparently there is only 1 lady whose working in the IEC section in Warsaw, it should be fun so :)

It really takes ages for us... UK was opened on the 14th, well the first round anyway. 1000 places gone within 3 hours. But I think Irish people were the fastest ever!

Well I have nothing else to do...just wait and wait :o

Well good luck, hope to see you in Calgary :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 skbehan

Has anyone in the 5600 region gotten their conditional acceptance letter yet? My payment was verified on the 6th and I haven't heard anything since... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

skbehan wrote: »
    Has anyone in the 5600 region gotten their conditional acceptance letter yet? My payment was verified on the 6th and I haven't heard anything since... :(
    yup about a week ago now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Tis a nice feeling when you have worked in the country for the last 8 months and paid alllllllllll the different taxes, yet you are left hanging at one of the most earliest stages.Thanks Canada, you're really making me real ****ing appreciated! Keep putting the folk though that dont have any jobs yet, but keep talking about some random pub in Calgary, thatsssssssssssss the way forward!!!!!!

what the hell are you talking about?......
    "keep putting the folk through that don't have any jobs yet"

you're the type that shouldn't be allowed to go on a working holiday visa. so let me guess, you had a job set up before you went? and now you want to extend for another year or 2? be honest, you don't wanna leave at all. there's nothing worng with not wanting to leave a country that you like so that doesn't annoy me. what annoys me is that you applied for the wrong visa. get a standard working permit or marry some big hairy canadian builder to get permanent residency and stop your whining. a working holiday is supposed to be temporary and you're only supposed to work to fund your travels. everyone deserves an equal chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Tis a nice feeling when you have worked in the country for the last 8 months and paid alllllllllll the different taxes, yet you are left hanging at one of the most earliest stages.Thanks Canada, you're really making me real ****ing appreciated! Keep putting the folk though that dont have any jobs yet, but keep talking about some random pub in Calgary, thatsssssssssssss the way forward!!!!!!

You sound like a little child with that post get a grip man for god's sake what do you want a medal that you pay tax's in canada whoop dee ****ing doo:rolleyes:. canada owes you nothing the same as it owes the next person so i don't see why you should get a place before me or the next joe soap on the list. your post suggest's you have only been in canada the last 8 months so whats the rush you still have 4 months left on your current visa?;) and i do have a job offer actualy i have a couple but the visas will be issued when there issued writing posts like yours wont hurry on the process:D

And as for the random pub your on about the ROADHOUSE is its name and i will buy you a pint when i get over buddy;)

Op i see you posted at around 10 am Irish time so it could be be between 3 am- and 5 am canada time.. did you go out for a few and come home and the emotions got the better of you ? and decided to post that message?:p

hey guys anyone who has completed stage 2 in the there mycic it says view checklist. In that it says something about information to be submitted by a certain date for me the 8th of march. But i have gotten confirmation of submission so im confused why it is there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i don't know why its there mine says the same but i would imagine were ok;)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i don't know why its there mine says the same but i would imagine were ok;)

ya just thought it was to request info by a certain date when i only had just submitted application ..maybe its there own internal deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brianm627

Hey people, im number 3309 and havnt got my asessment verified yet, my girlfriend is number 3504 and hers is verified, any1 else the same???

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Brianm627 wrote: »
    Hey people, im number 3309 and havnt got my asessment verified yet, my girlfriend is number 3504 and hers is verified, any1 else the same???

Yup i wouldn't worry about it it seems somewhat random, remember seeing something whose number was around 500 not done while people in the 1000's and even higher were done. They will get there eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Brianm627 wrote: »
    AlanMc86 wrote: »
    Yup i wouldn't worry about it it seems somewhat random, remember seeing something whose number was around 500 not done while people in the 1000's and even higher were done. They will get there eventually.

Yeh don't worry, they'll get to you, how long have you been waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

I got my second part in on the 9th, just wondering has anyone that did it after the 7th received there LOI yet, any of you guy's heading to Regina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Brianm627

Cheers pal, its just annoying that its so random, I even heard som1 in the 5000's got verified last week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement