Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HS123

Hey guys,
    Just wondering what people are doing with the Family Information Form, do we print, sign, scan, upload? or upload it unsigned? Contradictory instructions on the website!
    Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Hey , with the IMM 1295 form under the intended employment section you have to name an employer and dates you will be workin with said employer etc but i have no job lined up so do I leave this blank??

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

Can anyone help me, my husband and I are hoping to travel to Canada with iec 2013, he has been offered a great job all we need now is a visa! Due to him having three driving convictions he is inadmissable but we have been told he can apply for a TRV (temporary residence visa). Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone know of good companies that could help us with IEC application along with TRV?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hey , with the IMM 1295 form under the intended employment section you have to name an employer and dates you will be workin with said employer etc but i have no job lined up so do I leave this blank??

Type "Unknown" in to both fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

WasterEx wrote: »
    Type "Unknown" in to both fields.

Thanks Mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Just too show how little i know about computers applications is there any difference between JPG and JPEG it says on the website it will only accept jpg but my passport and pic are jpeg will they accept that?:/

And also it says Microsoft word but my cv is saved on Microsoft works word processor will this do?:/
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Ross.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Just too show how little i know about computers applications is there any difference between JPG and JPEG it says on the website it will only accept jpg but my passport and pic are jpeg will they accept that?:/

And also it says Microsoft word but my cv is saved on Microsoft works word processor will this do?:/

yep all cool:)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

jpg is short for jpeg they are the same type of file.:)

How embarrassing thanks lads:o

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Hi all, wondering if ya's could help me out on a query?

I have set up MyCIC account and completed the 'coming to Canada' questionnaire.

In the 'Upload Documents' section in MyCIC, the documents I will have to upload are:

1) DAFIT Notice-Partcipation Acceptance Letter.
    2) CV.
    3) Medical Examination Declaration (I will be working in the Social Sciences field).
    4) Passport.
    5) Digital Photo
    6) Family Information Form IIM5707
    As well as the IMM1295 Form.

Does anyone know why it is not asking me to supply a Police Certificate?

• Advertisement

are you in canada already? in my cic account it says police clearance:)

are you in canada already? in my cic account it says police clearance:)
    Nope, still in the Hills of Donegal!

Hi all, wondering if ya's could help me out on a query?

I have set up MyCIC account and completed the 'coming to Canada' questionnaire.

In the 'Upload Documents' section in MyCIC, the documents I will have to upload are:

1) DAFIT Notice-Partcipation Acceptance Letter.
    2) CV.
    3) Medical Examination Declaration (I will be working in the Social Sciences field).
    4) Passport.
    5) Digital Photo
    6) Family Information Form IIM5707
    As well as the IMM1295 Form.

Does anyone know why it is not asking me to supply a Police Certificate?

have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence?

archicraft wrote: »
    have you ever been convicted of a criminal offence?
    Good question!

I was in court for drunk and disorderly 8 years ago. Court result was a non-conviction. On the Police cert that I got back from the Gardai it says that I do not have any record on their files.

In the 'coming to Canada' questionnaire, I ticked the 'no' box when asked if I was convicted of an offence (I can't remember how it was worded).

Thanks for the replies so far.

Good question!

I was in court for drunk and disorderly 8 years ago. Court result was a non-conviction. On the Police cert that I got back from the Gardai it says that I do not have any record on their files.

In the 'coming to Canada' questionnaire, I ticked the 'no' box when asked if I was convicted of an offence (I can't remember how it was worded).

Thanks for the replies so far.

i bet thats the reason why !:)

archicraft wrote: »
    i bet thats the reason why !:)
    But even if someone ticks the 'no' box for 'have you ever been convicted ...',
    You would think that they would still ask for the Police Certificate to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gemie

Hi guys can any one tell me is the working visa for canada out right now?

But even if someone ticks the 'no' box for 'have you ever been convicted ...',
    You would think that they would still ask for the Police Certificate to make sure.

the following is taken from IEC Operational Bulletin 490 - January 11, 2013

Police Certificates:
    • Mandatory police certificate for IEC from requiring countries (see Appendix A) was not triggered automatically in the initial Come to Canada roll-out. This functionality will be added in the rollout scheduled for the end of January 2013.
    • For this reason, officers are instructed not to return applications missing the police certificate as incomplete until after April 1, 2013. This will accommodate any applicant who obtained their personal checklist prior to the implementation of the automatic trigger.
    • Prior to February 1, 2013: Officers and clerical staff will have to request the police certificate as an additional document in order for client to be able to submit it electronically.
      After February 1, 2013: The police certificate will automatically be included in the Unique Checklist based on the country of citizenship (see Appendix A).

Thanks for that Archicraft.

any one ????

• Advertisement

gemie wrote: »
    Hi guys can any one tell me is the working visa for canada out right now?

No its not open yet but there is parts that can be done now so that when it does open there will be less for us to do:D

No its not open yet but there is parts that can be done now so that when it does open there will be less for us to do:D

thank you very much. what website can i directly do this part? cheers

Thank you very much i appreciate

No bothers we all got to stick together lol any more questions post back here as long as you take your time ya be grand:)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

Does it matter that I didn't do that questionnaire I just registered???

No bothers we all got to stick together lol any more questions post back here as long as you take your time ya be grand:)

do you wait for a email when you register for the GCKEY log in? then when you get that, you can go ahead with the (part) of the apllication

no when you do the come to canada questions you should have been issued with a number like a personal identification number which you use when u register for GCkey you can do that without waiting for any email you just need that identification number from the come to canada questionnaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

no when you do the come to canada questions you should have been issued with a number like a personal identification number which you use when u register for GCkey you can do that without waiting for any email you just need that identification number from the come to canada questionnaire.
    I registered without doing the questionnaire will that matter do u think???im panicking slightly that's all lol

• Advertisement

flynnser19 wrote: »
    I registered without doing the questionnaire will that matter do u think???im panicking slightly that's all lol

without using the come to canada wizard ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement