Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i sent mine in the 8th and no word of an loi yet:D but there dealing with a huge amount of people so i don't really mind:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i sent mine in the 8th and no word of an loi yet:D but there dealing with a huge amount of people so i don't really mind:D

When are you planning to head I have 2 jobs offers waiting for me, hopefully it will be early next week I'd really like to be over there by the 2nd of march lol

was end of march now April i think. yea the same with me i have a couple leads in Calgary waiting too but cant do much without a visa so may hang tight its quicker then getting an loi anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

was end of march now April i think. yea the same with me i have a couple leads in Calgary waiting too but cant do much without a visa so may hang tight its quicker then getting an loi anyway:D

Ross did you just email potential employers about work? Recommend any sites for jobs? I might send a few emails around :cool:

yea mate email was in contact some on the phone:D look up Kijiji Calgary quite a lot of jobs on that:D

• Advertisement

yea mate email was in contact some on the phone:D look up Kijiji Calgary quite a lot of jobs on that:D

Cheers man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brianm627

Proof of payment was verified on the 3rd of Feb, how are u getting on?

no bothers lad i will give you a pm during the week i have a list of contacts on my memory stick i will send them on to you.

no bothers lad i will give you a pm during the week i have a list of contacts on my memory stick i will send them on to you.

That would be sweet! Thanks mate ;)

no bothers lad i left it in the van just to lazy to go out for it now:D lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

what the hell are you talking about?......
    "keep putting the folk through that don't have any jobs yet"

you're the type that shouldn't be allowed to go on a working holiday visa. so let me guess, you had a job set up before you went? and now you want to extend for another year or 2? be honest, you don't wanna leave at all. there's nothing worng with not wanting to leave a country that you like so that doesn't annoy me. what annoys me is that you applied for the wrong visa. get a standard working permit or marry some big hairy canadian builder to get permanent residency and stop your whining. a working holiday is supposed to be temporary and you're only supposed to work to fund your travels. everyone deserves an equal chance.

While Mossywolf was well and truly being an asshat, the people who are currently on their first IEC are just as eligible as you for a visa, and may choose to enjoy Canada in whatever way they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    While Mossywolf was well and truly being an asshat, the people who are currently on their first IEC are just as eligible as you for a visa, and may choose to enjoy Canada in whatever way they wish.

I agree. if he wants to marry a big hairy canadian builder, that's is his choice.

anyway, you pretty much summed up one of the points i was trying to make. he is as eligible as any newcomer so he shouldn't be acting superior to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Ballybreen wrote: »
    Well good luck, hope to see you in Calgary :)

Hopefully :) cowboy city, here we come :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In the come to canada questionnaire thing there's a question "Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" I'm unsure what this means. Is Ireland one of these countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Brianm627 wrote: »
    Hey people, im number 3309 and havnt got my asessment verified yet, my girlfriend is number 3504 and hers is verified, any1 else the same???

hey my number is around 550 and my boyfriends round 1600 and were waiting since the 4th Feb... head is fried... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

del777 wrote: »
    hey my number is around 550 and my boyfriends round 1600 and were waiting since the 4th Feb... head is fried... :(

You're definitely not getting it now I reckon.

It's grand more than likely, stop worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

howde
    I am just filling in my application and wondering about the following:
    Re: scanning - I have a scanning app on my iphone which is perfect for smaller pages - passport etc but now im wondering about the 1295 and 5707 - I know people are saying on this forum that you dont need to sign these but it does say at the bottom of each of the forms that you must sign and date the form for it to be complete and incomplete documents will be returned.
    that sounds to me that it has to be printed out and signed.
    im wondering if it would be the same to photograph the form with a very good cannon camera and then upload it? as I dont have a scanner to hand and want to get this god damn application form away
    any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!!!:cool:

whats an app?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

whats an app?:o

Mobile Application - smartphone apps, like having facebook on yer phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Going to take a look at the forms over the coming days.

I HATE FORM FILLING!

^^^^
    Good luck you will need it:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Not a fan but its what has to be done, once I got the letter of acceptance then that was the weight off my shoulder, I also have a proof reader to help me with the forms, so the pain wont be that bad!

yea you will be grand but there just a **** i didn't like them atal but once there off you will be grand:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Lmnover wrote: »
    howde
    Re: scanning - I have a scanning app on my iphone which is perfect for smaller pages - passport etc but now im wondering about the 1295 and 5707 - I know people are saying on this forum that you dont need to sign these but it does say at the bottom of each of the forms that you must sign and date the form for it to be complete and incomplete documents will be returned.
    im wondering if it would be the same to photograph the form with a very good cannon camera and then upload it? as I dont have a scanner to hand and want to get this god damn application form away

I can't see why you couldn't use your camera, if it produces a good quality picture and you can clearly see the text on the document can't see why they would refuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

howde
    I know people are saying on this forum that you dont need to sign these but it does say at the bottom of each of the forms that you must sign and date the form for it to be complete and incomplete documents will be returned.

If you read the instructions to completing the online application rather than listening to chit chat here, you would be aware that it states clearly that individual forms do not need to be signed if completing an online application, as a digital signature will be provided by the applicant once all documents are uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

howde

you do not need to sign the forms. save the forms first, fill out all the boxes that you can, save again when completed (remember to validate the imm1295) and then upload the files to your account. remember to save the file first! very frustrating if you don't. first time around, i filled out the family info forms and saved it afterwards. it only saves the form, not the info you put in. therefore, everything will be wiped blank.

If you read the instructions to completing the online application rather than listening to chit chat here, you would be aware that it states clearly that individual forms do not need to be signed if completing an online application, as a digital signature will be provided by the applicant once all documents are uploaded.

what about the 5707 form doesn't that need to be printed and signed and rescanned for upload?

hes right you actually don't have to sign any of the forms

• Advertisement

hes right you actually don't have to sign any of the forms

what did you do with the 5707 form after filling out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement