Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i signed it but i didn't actually have to. at the time i taught i did but from further reading no forms have to be signed but i don't think it matters( well at least i hope it does not)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i signed it but i didn't actually have to. at the time i taught i did but from further reading no forms have to be signed but i don't think it matters( well at least i hope it does not)

yes I am of the same opinion that if you did signed it they won't hold it against you, do you recall where it says that for not signing forms?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

some help please folks.....

i have uploaded all the required files to mycic account. i have included my garda cert where it asks for it.

where/how/when do i give my other police clearances? i have 3 more to upload.

i also want to upload a letter of explanation which i already have prepared. do i upload the extra clearances along with the letter of explanation?

i know that you can only upload one file for the letter of explanation. i created a folder containing all my extra documents including police certs and letter of explanation. i had to make it a zip in order to upload it in one go. however, i can't upload it. it says that it's not the right file type. separately, all the file types are either word docs or mpgs so they are acceptable. but when in one folder, they are not. it seems to only recognise that it's a zip folder.

does anyone have or did have that problem? how do you do this?
    some help would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cazzymaz

Scan all the garda certs into one pdf file and upload this file in the garda clearance section

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clifox

Has anyone had trouble submitting a digital signature? It keeps telling me and another person I know applying that our names don't match our application. We have double double double checked and still it won't accept our names. First box is Given name(s) and second box is Last. It can only be my name!!!!! Did anyone else have a problem on this section? So close to the end and more stress, most difficult visa application ever!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 podge22

Anyone having trouble signing the document after submitting all files? Mine says the name, birthdate or place of birth doesn't match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

from the comments above yours a few people seem to have that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Did ye fill out "details of intended work" section for 1295 or just leave it blank?

Cazzymaz wrote: »
    Scan all the garda certs into one pdf file and upload this file in the garda clearance section

would it be ok to copy and paste all the images into a microsoft word doc? i don't see the harm in it myself. they come up just as clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Gah, I'm still at the waiting for conditional acceptance letter ._. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Gah, I'm still at the waiting for conditional acceptance letter ._. :(
    Im the same! I woulnd't worry about it! not really looking forward to sorting out stage 2 from the sounds of it:P

cic application transmitted!! kinda scary....

still though, feels like a huge weight off my shoulders. i can relax a bit now as it's not in my hands anymore. fingers crossed!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Wow - this is weird.

I got a letter saying that they need the following:

> Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Please submit a valid Police Certificate from Ireland. This must be received at this office by: 03/17/2013

> Client Information: Receipt of information from client Please note: if you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting the requested document(s), please send an e-mail to question@cic.gc.ca with a brief description of the issue, including your full name, date of birth and application number. This must be received at this office by: 03/17/2013

But I already uploaded it?? Even my application checklist now looks like this!

241431.PNG

Silly..

Also have this in the Optional Documents section:
    241433.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hmmm that's weird.
    Are you sure the first police certificate you uploaded was in date?
    If it is try just upload the same one again maybe. :confused:

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hmmm that's weird.
    Are you sure the first police certificate you uploaded was in date?
    If it is try just upload the same one again maybe. :confused:

Yeah - Garda cert was in date, signed and stamped. Weird...
    In any case, I have a month to upload what they need. I sent them an email asking what was wrong with the first one I gave them!

Haven't a clue what the "Client Information" is, or what the "Letter of Explanation" document is, but I asked them that in the email..

Good job I'm not in a rush :)

OH MY GOD!!

I just looked at my Garda Cert again!

Can you see what's wrong with this picture?

241439.PNG

The document they used had the wrong year!! But the stamp was correct!! This must be the problem...

Feckin' Guards!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

ripcord wrote: »
    OH MY GOD!!

241439.PNG

you gonna send for anyone now? they must have thought it was still 2012 as your cert was issued at the start of the new year, its a rookie mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

OH MY GOD!!

241439.PNG

The document they used had the wrong year!! But the stamp was correct!! This must be the problem...

Dumb ****s!!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

OH MY GOD!!

241439.PNG

Idiots man!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Go in and say you want the new cert right there and then for their stupid mistake its the least they could do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

is there any particular settings you set your scanner at when scanning these documents before you upload them

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

OH MY GOD!!

241439.PNG

Thats a bummer but on the brightside at least they aren't refusing the application. I read on last years threads an application was refused because the guard filled the name out as Tomas and his name is Thomas..refused over a bloody "h":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

im trying to figure out the photo size. it says it has to be 35 mm x 45 mm and then it says in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. if i save it as 35 mm x 45 mm the pic is small but if i save using dimensions 420 x 540 i get a big picture, im not sure whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

i have uploaded all the required files to mycic account. i have included my garda cert where it asks for it.

i also want to upload a letter of explanation which i already have prepared. do i upload the extra clearances along with the letter of explanation?

i know that you can only upload one file for the letter of explanation. i created a folder containing all my extra documents including police certs and letter of explanation. i had to make it a zip in order to upload it in one go. however, i can't upload it. it says that it's not the right file type. separately, all the file types are either word docs or mpgs so they are acceptable. but when in one folder, they are not. it seems to only recognise that it's a zip folder.

I also had 3 police certs. Scan them in and save them as a jpeg. Then I copied all 3 jpegs into a word document and then I saved the word file as a PDP. I noted this in my letter of explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

dont think you should do it like that. I had a few different police certs which I scanned, then pasted them into a word doc and saved that as a .pdf file. So all police certs are in 1 doc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 b_cro87

MyCIC application transmitted, however I was expecting to have to pay for the work permit application part before being able to able to transmit???

Like it says the work permit is $0 CAD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

You already paid when you paid in the Kompass ac. Don't worry. That is there cos the CIC section takes applications for various different permits

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brianm627

Hey, is anyone still waiting on there conditional acceptance letter I am and I'm number 3309

Surfn wrote: »
    im trying to figure out the photo size. it says it has to be 35 mm x 45 mm and then it says in pixels must be at least 420 x 540. if i save it as 35 mm x 45 mm the pic is small but if i save using dimensions 420 x 540 i get a big picture, im not sure whats going on

the pixels are the resolution of the photo, the 420 x 540 are the minimum pixels the photo should be, the photo should look big when opened on the computer, did you go to the pharmacy for the photo or scanned it yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

Is there any way of Proceeding to application submitted tab in CIC Account? I am aware that the permit doesnt cost anything but if my application is submitted why isnt it showing my application highlighted on the last tab? it seems to be sitting at upload documents tab even though i do have my application sent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement