Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

I have just submitted the forms for stage 2. I am now waiting to be sent a CIC number. DIs this normally sent out fairly quicky? Is it sent via email or is it added to your CIC account?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 skbehan

del777 wrote: »
    hey my number is around 550 and my boyfriends round 1600 and were waiting since the 4th Feb... head is fried... :(

Glad to know I'm not the only one still waiting... It's a stressful process! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

I have just submitted the forms for stage 2. I am now waiting to be sent a CIC number. DIs this normally sent out fairly quicky? Is it sent via email or is it added to your CIC account?

Thanks

when you filled out IMM1295E Form how do you upload it ?
    I have validated it , then saved to desktop . went back into my CIC account tryed it upload buts its not letting me upload , its says Im missing info in the highlighted fields ? when theres nothing highlighted

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭andyd12

rusheen wrote: »
    I have validated it , then saved to desktop . went back into my CIC account tryed it upload buts its not letting me upload , its says Im missing info in the highlighted fields ? when theres nothing highlighted
    Same here, just getting 'access forbidden', 'error 403'. Its like the site has crashed or something:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

Thanks

yeah, i received mine within an hour or so. you'll receive the message in your cic account and also an email notifying you that you have a new message in your cic account. use the reference number in that message to update your iec account.

it would seem that we are both at the same stage.
    best of luck!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

yeah, i received mine within an hour or so. you'll receive the message in your cic account and also an email notifying you that you have a new message in your cic account. use the reference number in that message to update your iec account.

it would seem that we are both at the same stage.
    best of luck!! :)

Where do you put the number in the iec account?

Cheers

rusheen wrote: »

save it to the desktop first, then fill it out, validate it, save it and then upload it. if you don't save it first, everything will be wiped clean and you'll have wasted time filling it out.

sully2010 wrote: »
    Where do you put the number in the iec account?

Cheers

click on my profile.
    then click update my cic file number.

you will then be asked to enter your number.
    then re-enter it.
    then fill out 3 security questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

click on my profile.

then re-enter it.

Nice one, didn't do that. Where did it say to do it? completely missed it

sully2010 wrote: »
    Nice one, didn't do that. Where did it say to do it? completely missed it

this is on your conditional letter of acceptance:

When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My Profile” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

save it to the desktop first, then fill it out, validate it, save it and then upload it. if you don't save it first, everything will be wiped clean and you'll have wasted time filling it out.

Tried this but I still get this
    "Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry."

What else could I do wrong?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

XDivaX wrote: »
    "Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

I posted a few pages back.
    Type "N/A" or "Not Applicable" into the fields under the section called Details Of Intended Work In Canada

Select your province > Select your city > Address = Not Applicable (ONLY if you do not know the address of your future employer.

Job Title = Not Applicable
    Desc. Of Duties = Not Applicable

Only if you're not aware who your future employer will be.

That should fix the problem.

Try it.

have you put "not applicable" or "n/a" in the boxes that don't apply to you? try not to leave anything blank (certain boxes will have to be left blank but a pop-up message will let you know of this anyway). also, make sure that you fill in the date next to the signature parts. other than that, i'm not sure what the problem could be. maybe try opening the file when using a different web browser. it sounds silly i know, but it can be effective. i find that internet explorer has less glitches than firefox or chrome. i hope this is helpful for you.

WasterEx wrote: »
    I posted a few pages back.

Try it.

Thank you!!!! Also to dirtsquirts!! :D Sorry I didn't read back few pages- I usually do but its full of other people panicking! One more thing- how was you able to save the other form with all details for uploading or did you have to print it out and do it manually?

Thank you!!!! Also to dirtsquirts!! :D Sorry I didn't read back few pages- I usually do but its full of other people panicking! One more thing- how was you able to save the other form with all details for uploading or did you have to print it out and do it manually?

i saved it first. if you fill it in immediately after opening the file and then save it, the form will be wiped of all the info you put in. after saving it, filling it out and then saving it again, i tested if it worked simply by closing out of the form and re-opening it to see if the info was still there. worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

click on my profile.

then re-enter it.

sorry, is the number you quote in your IEC Kompass the number which appears at the top of your submission confirmation letter from CIC? which has "Application Number:" written beside it?

Thanks!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

marcher87 wrote: »
    sorry, is the number you quote in your IEC Kompass the number which appears at the top of your submission confirmation letter from CIC? which has "Application Number:" written beside it?

Thanks!!!! :)

YUP:D

i saved it first. if you fill it in immediately after opening the file and then save it, the form will be wiped of all the info you put in. after saving it, filling it out and then saving it again, i tested if it worked simply by closing out of the form and re-opening it to see if the info was still there. worked for me.

How did you manage to save it again with all info put in?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speri_mental

Hey people. I'm waiting almost 3 weeks now since my payment's been verified for any correspondance.

I'm just wondering if we need all police clearances from countries we've lived in for more than 6 months? I got one from Oz for my IEC app last year. Would it still be valid seeing as I haven't entered Australia since then? I don't want to have to wait another 3 weeks to get the clearance. I've got my Irish one already.

Do we need a Canadian one if we've been in Canada for a year on the IEC?

Do they explain these documents more throughout the stages? Should I just wait until then? Any info regarding police clearance would be great :)

This application is wrecking my brain even more than last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Hey people. I'm waiting almost 3 weeks now since my payment's been verified for any correspondance.

Waiting about 3 weeks myself, im sure we wil hear soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

So about the IMM1295E and IMM5707E forms, do you have to print them and physically sign them?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

I got onto Stage 2 on Friday and answered all the canada questions. i then got my CIC number. I know i need to go back and start uploading forms etc but cant find the link now. Tried a link that was a few pages back but that brought me onto GC key thing- no idea what thats about?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_seeker_who

Go here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    Scroll down and click [GCKey Log In]
    Provide your credentials and click [Login]

* If you haven't registered yet click on the register link on the login page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahandphil

GrizzlyMan wrote: »

Waiting about 3 weeks myself, im sure we wil hear soon
    It's a joke , I'm still waiting on request for proof of payment .. Tried to contact them a few times to see if there is something wrong with my account and no luck! Have a wtn but that's it! Here's hoping we hear soon. Hoping to get going ASAP :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

It's a joke , I'm still waiting on request for proof of payment .. Tried to contact them a few times to see if there is something wrong with my account and no luck! Have a wtn but that's it! Here's hoping we hear soon. Hoping to get going ASAP :-)
    Same here. 19 days and waiting...

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Same here. 19 days and waiting...

19 days does seem to be along time waiting on proof of payment

gary27 wrote: »
    the pixels are the resolution of the photo, the 420 x 540 are the minimum pixels the photo should be, the photo should look big when opened on the computer, did you go to the pharmacy for the photo or scanned it yourself?

i took a picture myself with the digital camera and was trying to resize it, but was getting confused, can the chemist give us the exact size we need, and can they put it on a usb stick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

PLEASE NOTE: Regarding payment verification stage. If you have submitted your proof of payment and have yet to received your payment verified letter, don't be alarmed. If you have submitted your proof of payment before the 10 day deadline, as indicated in letter 01a - Notice of receipt, but we haven't got back to you we will contact you shortly. ~ Kat
    This was posted over a week ago, have they replied to my messages? Nope.

its didnt take AFP National Police Check long to process my police check, 3 days, got an email this morn to say it will be dispatched via next available australia post service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Surfn wrote: »
    i took a picture myself with the digital camera and was trying to resize it, but was getting confused, can the chemist give us the exact size we need, and can they put it on a usb stick

use this site

http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select country canada, photo size, select print size as single photo, upload your photo, crop it, and wait for download, let me know the pixels and photo size kbs after you done this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement