Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi, on my Garda cert, my middle name isnt included, but on passport, application form etc, my middle name is included. any one with a similiar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi, on my Garda cert, my middle name isnt included, but on passport, application form etc, my middle name is included. any one with a similiar issue?

I have the same problem... and I'm not sure should I ask for another cert or just upload this one?

Liam O wrote: »
    In the come to canada questionnaire thing there's a question "Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" I'm unsure what this means. Is Ireland one of these countries?

I was wondering myself about this question... It doesn't give a list of any countries #confused

Anyone? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roxybell

Just wondering has anyone received their LOI yet? all submitted since the 8th feb? freaking that i have done something wrong :( or will i be waiting impatiently for another few weeks :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

gary27 wrote: »
    use this site

http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select country canada, photo size, select print size as single photo, upload your photo, crop it, and wait for download, let me know the pixels and photo size kbs after you done this.

thats a good site gary, i just tried a trial run there on a pic that was on my desktop. the sit gives you 4 pictures together at the end, i cropped 1 out, the pixels are 414 x 532 and file size is 135 kb, i might not have 1 photo out of the 4 correctly.

''wait i see where it says single photo now''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Surfn wrote: »
    thats a good site gary, i just tried a trial run there on a pic that was on my desktop. the sit gives you 4 pictures together at the end, i cropped 1 out, the pixels are 414 x 532 and file size is 135 kb, i might not have 1 photo out of the 4 correctly.

from the print size drop down there is single photo option try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi Izzykov21, not sure what to do either!
    Anyone have there application in and accepted without their middle name on the cert?
    I already had to go back to the Garda to be another because it was too old and then again because it they incorrectly filled it in for Australia, if they see me coming arriving in there again!

izzykov21 wrote: »
    I was wondering myself about this question... It doesn't give a list of any countries #confused

Anyone? :)

Oh I think I got it :) Is it the countries which require medical examination, isn't it? Like Iraq, Afganistan etc ?

Well Ireland and Poland don't need that medicals so I tick ''no'' is that right?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

mine came back with no middle name on it either so i decided to send for another one to include my middle name. but i can really imagine it to be a problem i just had time to spare that's why i sent for another one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mine was the other way round. My passport has first/last on it, so therefore so does my application. My garda cert has first/middle/last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 podge22

Whenever I try and sign the document for step two it says:
    "Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application."

I don't understand what could be wrong- my name is the same on all documents and in the signature and the signing form doesn't ask for a date of birth or country of birth. Any ideas what could be wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Hey folks ,

Ive literally spent all morning scouring this thread and using the search function and I still cant find an answer. I feel a touch retarded for this but I cant figure it out.

I got the conditional acceptance letter , all good, and it tells me I need to go here..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

..and answer some 'Come to Canada' questions.

Except , they're aren't any there.

Now maybe they're called something similar but I don't see anything by the exact name of 'Come to Canada'. Jaysus, why is this whole fecking process so convoluted ?

Anyone know what to do , or where to go next ?? The whole thing is as clear as mud.

Would I be right in saying also that once you've got to this stage the pressure is off ? It says that the conditional acceptance is good until 2013-8-11 , though you never know with these things..

type come to canada questionnaire in to Google and it comes up

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp
    enjoy

anbrutog wrote: »
    Hey folks ,

Ive literally spent all morning scouring this thread and using the search function and I still cant find an answer. I feel a touch retarded for this but I cant figure it out.

I got the conditional acceptance letter , all good, and it tells me I need to go here..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index-can.asp

..and answer some 'Come to Canada' questions.

Except , they're aren't any there.

Now maybe they're called something similar but I don't see anything by the exact name of 'Come to Canada'. Jaysus, why is this whole fecking process so convoluted ?

Anyone know what to do , or where to go next ?? The whole thing is as clear as mud.

Would I be right in saying also that once you've got to this stage the pressure is off ? It says that the conditional acceptance is good until 2013-8-11 , though you never know with these things..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

gary27 wrote: »

Cheers folks!

Why oh why just didn't they give us that link in the letter?
    The mind boggles.... :confused:

haha it has been mentioned about ten times on this thread already you might want to tune up on your searching skills;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Eim1

Hi All,

I have all my documents ready to upload but one of the files I am being asked for is offer of employment. I do not have any as I have no job lined up in Canada yet.

Does anyone know what I upload as I cannot leave it blank?

Really need to figure this out so any help is appreciated,

Thanks a million.

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    haha it has been mentioned about ten times on this thread already you might want to tune up on your searching skills;);)

Mate , Ive looked ( 150 pages ?? ) . Kinda hard also when your boss wants you to do real work also!
    Theres an awful , awful lot of stuff to look through , to find something like I was looking for really is needle in haystack stuff.
    Genuinely found nothing.
    Search function threw up nothing also.

hahah calm down i am just messing with ya;)

hahah calm down i am just messing with ya;)

Nae worries.
    But jaysus , this is bureaucracy at its very worst.
    They could have made this thing a whole easier if they'd even given any sort of thought..
    Its been stressful.

• Advertisement

wait till you start the my cic part ya aint seen nothing so far my hair has defiantly gone grayer since i started this process:p haha

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

I forget the security answers that I entered for my Kompass IEC account!! :-( - I thought that these would just be used for resetting a password and I guess I didn't really pay enough attention to what I was entering as I knew I would not forget my password. I now discover that you need the answers to these questions in order to add your CIC number to your account. I have emailed IEC regarding this but still have not heard back from them. Is there anything else I can do regarding this?

Any help would be great, very frustrating to get this far and then get blocked by something like this!!!

Eim1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have all my documents ready to upload but one of the files I am being asked for is offer of employment. I do not have any as I have no job lined up in Canada yet.

Does anyone know what I upload as I cannot leave it blank?

Really need to figure this out so any help is appreciated,

Thanks a million.

type unknown in prospective employer and employer address, leave province and city/town blank and enter unknown in the address field. and type unknown if unsure of occupation in canada will be. enter your intended work start and finish dates. make sure this is realistic. leave labour market opinion blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

I forget the security answers that I entered for my Kompass IEC account!! :-( - I thought that these would just be used for resetting a password and I guess I didn't really pay enough attention to what I was entering as I knew I would not forget my password. I now discover that you need the answers to these questions in order to add your CIC number to your account. I have emailed IEC regarding this but still have not heard back from them. Is there anything else I can do regarding this?

Any help would be great, very frustrating to get this far and then get blocked by something like this!!!

Think you can change your security questions when you first log into my cic

yea same thing happened me you can change your questions in the my cic part :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

roxybell wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone received their LOI yet? all submitted since the 8th feb? freaking that i have done something wrong :( or will i be waiting impatiently for another few weeks :confused:

Hey, yeah There seems to be a group of people that handed there's in on the 7th have received there LOI last thursday, I'm in the same boat as you I got mine in very early on the 9th so hopefully We should be this week, good luck

sent mine on the 8th i say we could be a while waiting now that the English one is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

yea same thing happened me you can change your questions in the my cic part :D

No, im talking about the IEC Kompass account, not the CIC account. No idea what to do about this....

oh i get yea sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Sineadoc1

Can anyonr help me I am having trouble uploading my Application form on the mycic account I have everything else uploaded??
    I have filled it in and validated it and tried uploading but it keeps saying invalid entries? I have also printed it off scanned it all and uploaded as a word document to no avail any helo would be much appreciated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement