Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Sineadoc1 wrote: »
    Can anyonr help me I am having trouble uploading my Application form on the mycic account I have everything else uploaded??
    I have filled it in and validated it and tried uploading but it keeps saying invalid entries? I have also printed it off scanned it all and uploaded as a word document to no avail any helo would be much appreciated

same here
    mine just validated but says the same thing
    i left a few entry fields blank (ie, employer in canada etc) - could that be it?

Can anyonr help me I am having trouble uploading my Application form on the mycic account I have everything else uploaded??
    I have filled it in and validated it and tried uploading but it keeps saying invalid entries? I have also printed it off scanned it all and uploaded as a word document to no avail any helo would be much appreciated

ok just got mine to work
    thing to do is: go back into your saved PDF and change evey blank field (excluding labour market number and extra phone numbers) to 'Unknown'.

I was able to upload mine after that

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sineadoc1

Ill give this a go thank you.

For anyone stuck with the application, I would recommend reading ripcord's step-by-step guide on p233 of this thread.
    Very detailed - thanks mate!

Ive read that but ive done everything it says and it stil saying unable to validate or invalid entries im going out of my head

• Advertisement

Please someone help me ive been at this same stage for a week now :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

Gintonious wrote: »
    Saw a few people were talking about the driving license earlier, I was told that simply upgrading your license to a global one makes you able to drive in Canada, any truth to this?

I have a full license!

yes but only for a year and then youd have to sit the test:eek:

Please someone help me ive been at this same stage for a week now :-/

like i said, i had the same problem, but just filled in all blank fields with unknown. i only filled in one telephone number (mobile) and left the labour market number blank. i also left the postcode blank for the address.

once i did that, i was able to upload my application form

take a deep breath and go over the form again. you might have made a small mistake somewhere. you have LOADS of time to sort it so don't panic

good luck :-)

Ok i will try breathe now haha thank you serious thankalso did ye have an UCI number?
    Did you save onto desktop or were you able to directly upload the form once it was filled out?
    Seroius thanks for the advice really appreciate it.

Ok i will try breathe now haha thank you serious thankalso did ye have an UCI number?
    Did you save onto desktop or were you able to directly upload the form once it was filled out?
    Seroius thanks for the advice really appreciate it.

No, I didn't have a UCI number.
    I amended the form and validated it again. Filled out date at the bottom, then re-saved it to my desktop.
    I was then able to upload it to the CIC site

• Advertisement

By the way, forget about uploading the form as a word document, it's unnecessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

Hi lads, I'm currently filling out imm1295 part of the application

It asks me have I lived in any other country in the last 5years.

I lived in Australia for 1year 4years ago,should I answer yes or just put no? Is it a lot of added sh1te if I say I lived in aus
    Cba getting police clearances etc

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Weathering wrote: »

I lived in Australia for 1year 4years ago,should I answer yes or just put no? Is it a lot of added sh1te if I say I lived in aus

Cheers

Id say you should deffo put it in. In the employment section you should have filled out that you were travelling/working in Australia for that year, otherwise its a big gap.

The oz police comes in a week and a half, id get it. Its easy and all done online. Heres the link:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

sully2010 wrote: »
    Id say you should deffo put it in. In the employment section you should have filled out that you were travelling/working in Australia for that year, otherwise its a big gap.

The oz police comes in a week and a half, id get it. Its easy and all done online. Heres the link:

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

Cheers for that Sully. My employment section is one big gap anyway ha
    I made up dates for work in form 1 so hope they ain't trying to catch me out now. Cheers again

Cheers for that Sully. My employment section is one big gap anyway ha
    I made up dates for work in form 1 so hope they ain't trying to catch me out now. Cheers again

No worries, the advice I got was to fill out 10 years of all employment, unemployment and travel so as not to leave any big gaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Cheers

what part of australia were you in, you might need a Traffic History report aswell if you lived in queensland
    im in the same boat here, ive applied for the traffic history report, im wondering would they refuse you because of not submitting it
    does anybody know

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Please help
    I just created a GC key account and its asking me do i have a UCI or client ID number? is this the WTN? i presume its not. so do we say NO to this is we have never applied before??

Before you enrol in MyCIC, you must indicate if you have ever applied for a service (e.g. a study permit or work permit) either by paper or electronically from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

If you have applied before, then you will have a Client Identification Number (Client ID )also referred to as a Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI). You can find your Client ID on any official document (including a work permit or study permit or official CIC letter) issued by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or Canadian visa office outside Canada.

Your Client ID consists of four numbers, a hyphen (-) and four more numbers (example 0000-0000).

If you have never applied before, you will not have a Client ID.

If you have a Client Identification Number (Client ID) and you do not provide it, you will not be able to apply for all available online services.

Do you have a client ID?

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Please help
    I just created a GC key account and its asking me do i have a UCI or client ID number? is this the WTN? i presume its not. so do we say NO to this is we have never applied before??

Before you enrol in MyCIC, you must indicate if you have ever applied for a service (e.g. a study permit or work permit) either by paper or electronically from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

If you have applied before, then you will have a Client Identification Number (Client ID )also referred to as a Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI). You can find your Client ID on any official document (including a work permit or study permit or official CIC letter) issued by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or Canadian visa office outside Canada.

Your Client ID consists of four numbers, a hyphen (-) and four more numbers (example 0000-0000).

If you have a Client Identification Number (Client ID) and you do not provide it, you will not be able to apply for all available online services.

Do you have a client ID?

I think this line answers your question;)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Please help

Do you have a client ID?

If you have applied before fill it in, if you havent had a visa before leave it blank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marvellousj

gary27 wrote: »
    use this site

http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select country canada, photo size, select print size as single photo, upload your photo, crop it, and wait for download, let me know the pixels and photo size kbs after you done this.

hero!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

hero!

thanks very much for the comment. I'm glad my advice helps some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    wait till you start the my cic part ya aint seen nothing so far my hair has defiantly gone grayer since i started this process:p haha

Sweet mother of Jaysus.
    Onto the next part , and ye're right.
    I dunno if they've made it deliberately difficult or what , but man.

Its a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea mate i told ya sooo i am just coming right a week after completing it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Hi lads!

It's finally open for polish people whoop whoop :) well since 15.30 today:)

I have my IEC Kompass account sorted, payment as well. Hopefully I have filled out everything correctly!

On MyCic account, do you first download (save) files from it, like Family Information etc then fill it out, and upload it? Am I right?

Whoat about that digital signature? How do you do that bit?

Thanks a million folks:)

read back through the this thread and all your questions have been asked many many many times;)

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

could somebody actually explain the digital signature, am i right in thinking its where you print the forms out, sign them by hand, scan them and upload them. i might be wrong

Well I looked roughly trough the posts, and I couln't find it anywhere... :(

300 pages of reading- fun fun fun :)

Thanks anyway :)

what explaining do you need its digital ?:p

there's a search function at the top of this thread type in what ever it is your stuck on and it will come up:D:D

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    there's a search function at the top of this thread type in what ever it is your stuck on and it will come up:D:D

magic :) thanks a mill :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement