Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

No probs its awful handy so it is usually most of us have taught the same at one stage or another so there,s a good chance it has been asked.. no need to thank me you can buy me a pint in Calgary in April:p

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Will do :) Pint of Guinness :)

ugh nah pint a vodka:p

Pint of absinthe so :) :P

What about insurance lads, have you any recommendations? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

izzykov21 wrote: »
    What about insurance lads, have you any recommendations? :)

http://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/

gary27 wrote: »

Thanks Gary!

411euro, not that bad :)

Thanks Gary!

411euro, not that bad :)

is that for 2 years?; I am getting 324.99 for 2 years including winter sports.

No,it's a premium one, without wintersports, for one year:) but for 2 people :)

With wintersports it comes up to 530 or something

No,it's a premium one, without wintersports, for one year:) but for 2 people :)

With wintersports it comes up to 530 or something

ok i see, i think they are the cheapest around and i would say a lot on here will be using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Eim1

I am currently uploading my documents & one of them is 'offer of employment.' I do not currently have any offers for work in Canada.

I am just wondering does anyone have any information on this please? I cannot leave it blank.

Could I upload a typed letter stating that I do not have any work offers yet?!

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Eim1 wrote: »
    I am currently uploading my documents & one of them is 'offer of employment.' I do not currently have any offers for work in Canada.

I am just wondering does anyone have any information on this please? I cannot leave it blank.

Could I upload a typed letter stating that I do not have any work offers yet?!

Thanks in advance!

just put n/a in the box or Not Applicable ...simples

Thanks for the reply! I can't write N/A as it requires an attached document & I have to upload all in order to submit it!

Thanks for the reply! I can't write N/A as it requires an attached document & I have to upload all in order to submit it!

is the attached document the 1295 one? have you tried the advice i sent you.

No, it is one of the supporting documents you have to upload along with your CV/Resume, passport, digital photo etc! I have been asked to upload an offer of employment.

Does anyone know how to contact Kat from IEC Ireland on this please?!

I didn't try your advice yet as not too sure how to do it.

No, it is one of the supporting documents you have to upload along with your CV/Resume, passport, digital photo etc! I have been asked to upload an offer of employment.

Does anyone know how to contact Kat from IEC Ireland on this please?!

I didn't try your advice yet as not too sure how to do it.

it just seems strange to me that you need to attach offer of employment when the visa is a working holiday one.

its no harm in trying doing the come to canada wizard again, get new code, delete old application in mycic, start new application with new code.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

gary27 wrote: »
    it just seems strange to me that you need to attach offer of employment when the visa is a working holiday one.

its no harm in trying doing the come to canada wizard again, get new code, delete old application in mycic, start new application with new code.

I agree with Gary, here. Somewhere along the way you've headed down a different route than the rest of us.

Just figured it out, thank god! Thanks so much for your help :)

Just figured it out, thank god! Thanks so much for your help :)

what was wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

Hey folks,

If you're having problems with uploading your IMM1295E form make sure its saved and closed off before you upload it. Im pretty sure this is why I was getting errors. Just something to try if keep having problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Yeah! got my conditional letter of acceptance!, Is anyone having issues with their MyCIC forms at all?

can be tricky enough alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

hi,

can people tell me what they did when they scanned in the digital pic. i have scanned in one and messed around with it to get the right dimensions from my crown to chin etc. if i try and change the pixels it makes the image alot bigger, and blurry. also if i keep it the right size as per their dimensions, but not the right amount of pixels, then the file size is nowhere near the file size they say it should at least be. there is probably an easy way to sort this out but i just dont know it! any help and info on what others have done, esp from anyone who has gotten their LOI, would be great!

i have everything else uploaded but this pic is driving me mad! Please help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

I heard there's issues with the photos and stuff but can you change the dimensions of the photos on the computer to fit the specs? or do the photos have to be the size they require without any alterations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eilsf87

Anyone got the POE offer of acceptance yet - I got it today but My CIC is asking me to do a verification questionnaire that asks which college in canada im studying in??!!! Oh god, where did I go wrong....

the pics start off the proper dimensions they want, the 35mm x whatever etc, they are proper passport ones. but when they are scanned in they are no where near the pixels that are required and when i change pixels the rest of the dimensions are changed. i presumed they would just want normal passport pics but this whole pixel thing is throwing me right off. plus they only meet the required file size when i change the pixels! confusion central here lol

you must have clicked your were applying as a student on the my cic part??? other then that i don't no a few people have got the poe but were not asked to do a questionnaire i don't think

shiza, i thought i was doing so well...

eilsf87 wrote: »
    Anyone got the POE offer of acceptance yet - I got it today but My CIC is asking me to do a verification questionnaire that asks which college in canada im studying in??!!! Oh god, where did I go wrong....

hey, just wondering what kind of a pic you submitted? did you scan in a passport pic? if you did did you change its dimensions and was it a big one you submitted?

• Advertisement

God I'm stupid and I give out about people on this... I got an email from myCIC and I was in such a hurry to see what it was, I somehow clicked on the link to: OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification. Honestly...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement