Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Yea you fill it out on the PC and then print it sign it with a BLACK pen and then scan back on to the PC and jobs a gooden.. that digital thing comes at the end when all is submitted you just simply type your name into the box provided it really is simple:D

Ok thanks a million I owe u :)

But do I really need to print it out and sign it?

Oh, I'm getting pm but I can't reply coz I don't have 25points yet :(

media101- that part of my application is blocked out, so I can't click on it.

thanks again :):*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

well some people say you dont need to print it because its digital some do and others didn't i at the time i did:)

well some people say you dont need to print it because its digital some do and others didn't i at the time i did:)

Maybe I'll print it as well... just in case :)

Hopefully it will work out fine :) I'll miss Ireland though :)

yea it should do ah yea wont be all but think of the craic that will be in calgary:D

yea it should do ah yea wont be all but think of the craic that will be in calgary:D

I know :) the excitement :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

If you are still working what date do you put in the 1295E form? I know it makes sense to maybe put in today’s date? As we can’t type ‘present’ ??

i put some random date next year for the craic:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Cream Bun wrote: »

If you are still working what date do you put in the 1295E form? I know it makes sense to maybe put in today’s date? As we can’t type ‘present’ ??

i put in the date when my contract is up as in 2013/09

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I left it blank as I'm still employed there and will be as im taking a career break, not leaving the job to go to canada. It validated and uploaded without it so it must not be a date you need to fill.

My cv outlines I'm employed there to present.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Application submitted... Now for more waiting!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

The CIC number that you need to enter on Kompass, is that the W00047574 or whatever number that you receive after submitting your application?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

No its the application number u get on the conditional acceptance letter after ur payment has been verified

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    The CIC number that you need to enter on Kompass, is that the W00047574 or whatever number that you receive after submitting your application?
    fifi2008 wrote: »
    No its the application number u get on the conditional acceptance letter after ur payment has been verified

it is the CIC W###### number you get after submitting your application through myCIC

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

yeah, thats what I put in anyways... on the advice of somebody else on this thread

Cheers, I tried a different one and it didnt verify before but that w##### one worked. Got my email last night saying that application is submitted just hope to god that scanning in a passport photo will do the job!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Wooo. Finally got my conditonal acceptance letter. Too excited to fill the forms out now, weight off my mind that I hadn't ****ed something up, at least.

That was the easy part, have fun today lol I spent almost 12 hrs doing the second part
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

thumps wrote: »
    I d like to bump this question also. I see on the facebook groups certain ppl are been requested for canadian police certs. i was on the usit visa in 2010-11. do i require a canadian police cert also? any feedback would be great . cheers

A police cert isnt required from canada if you have already lived there. It was mentioned on the immigration website and i also confirmed with go4less

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

saggart26 wrote: »
    A police cert isnt required from canada if you have already lived there. It was mentioned on the immigration website and i also confirmed with go4less

I also thought this and was told by go4less but I was asked for canadian police cert yesterday and so was my girlfriend, we were there in 2007,
    It says I have 4 weeks to upload it, but it can take upto 18 weeks to get the police cert, it's a joke, just e mailed them to see what I can do...
    I know there was others asked for it too on the iec facebook page,:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Cheers, I tried a different one and it didnt verify before but that w##### one worked. Got my email last night saying that application is submitted just hope to god that scanning in a passport photo will do the job!!! :eek:

Hmm I was thinking of chancing scanning a passport photo aswell.. mainly coz Im lazy!! Did you just scan one photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

Paddy_kool wrote: »
    I also thought this and was told by go4less but I was asked for canadian police cert yesterday and so was my girlfriend, we were there in 2007,
    It says I have 4 weeks to upload it, but it can take upto 18 weeks to get the police cert, it's a joke, just e mailed them to see what I can do...

where are you planning on going to? and where were you living in 07?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

The IEC told me that if in currently living in Canadaa police cert is uunnecessary.

Maybe its just if you have lived here but left.

where are you planning on going to? and where were you living in 07?

Planning on going to toronto and was in toronto in 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Ok, this is a bit of a worry now! As I read it to be that you didn't require a police cert from Canada, only other countries. I presumed this was because they can check you out themselves when they're doing your application!!

I haven't started the CIC bit yet, and I've heard that the CIC/IEC aren't too prompt in replying to emails, so am just wondering should I chance mailing them now, before starting my CIC just to be sure? As the conditional acceptance letter I have now is valid for 6mths, so surely if I'm to request a police check from Canada I'd receive it within 6mths!

Ya think you should try e mal them anyway, I'm just waiting for reply too, hopefully hear back soon or I dunno wat to do really.......

del777 wrote: »
    Hmm I was thinking of chancing scanning a passport photo aswell.. mainly coz Im lazy!! Did you just scan one photo?

Ya I literally just scanned a single passport photo. But I haven't a clue whether that will suffice or not so don't blame me if it goes Pete Tong! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Ya think you should try e mal them anyway, I'm just waiting for reply too, hopefully hear back soon or I dunno wat to do really.......

Ok, I'll send on a mail.

I just had a thought though - what line of work are ye planning on doing? Is it teaching/nursing etc? As maybe you need the Canadian police check for it?

The only thing I can find on the Canadian Government website is in reference to when you're applying for PR, and it says:

How to obtain a police certificate - Canada

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
    Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.
    How and where do I obtain one?
    If the visa office asks you to complete a criminal record check, visit the RCMP website for instructions.

No not teaching or nursing didnt put anything down for intended work, I just work for car hire company... There is a few people on the IEC facebook page in the same situation....

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

it says on the application guide for that form that you are meant to put the date that you are signing and submitting the application, so if you are submitting it today put your 'to' date as todays

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

hey, for those who have submitted their applications to CIC - I submitted mine last night, about 12 o clock, but I never got a message in to my CIC messages. How long were you all waiting for yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 awesomepossum

Hey guys,

Only new to Boards so not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm having a bit of a nightmare with this IEC website. I received a letter of conditional acceptance, at least that's what I think it is. All it says is :

" Subject: Conditional acceptance into the International Experience Canada initiative.

Dear Mr./Ms. Coghlan, "

Then there's just a big blank space? There's no link to take me to the second stage of the process. Anyone else having this problem with half an email from these clowns?

Oh and there's a ridiculous message on the first page of the mail to say Javascript is disabled. Javascript is not disabled in my safari settings and I've tried downloading it through google chrome too and still get the same message. I would mail the IEC with this problem but i won't get a reply.

Cheers guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement