Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

Paddy_kool wrote: »
    No not teaching or nursing didnt put anything down for intended work, I just work for car hire company... There is a few people on the IEC facebook page in the same situation....

Hi Paddy, do you know if there were applicants who were heading over for a second time and weren’t asked for a Canadian police cert? I’m also heading over to Toronto so it probably likely that i’ll need one. Its a bit frustrating given that i could have applied for it months ago. Do you have a link to the facebook page? Can you also forward on the email address that you contacted and i’ll send them a mail as well? Good thing im not in a rush to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Hey guys,

Only new to Boards so not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm having a bit of a nightmare with this IEC website. I received a letter of conditional acceptance, at least that's what I think it is. All it says is :

" Subject: Conditional acceptance into the International Experience Canada initiative.

Dear Mr./Ms. Coghlan, "

Then there's just a big blank space? There's no link to take me to the second stage of the process. Anyone else having this problem with half an email from these clowns?

Oh and there's a ridiculous message on the first page of the mail to say Javascript is disabled. Javascript is not disabled in my safari settings and I've tried downloading it through google chrome too and still get the same message. I would mail the IEC with this problem but i won't get a reply.

Cheers guys

go onto the iec facebook page and message kat, she will answer this for u. i know she is also on boards but i havent seen a post from her on this for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Hey guys,

Only new to Boards so not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I'm having a bit of a nightmare with this IEC website. I received a letter of conditional acceptance, at least that's what I think it is. All it says is :

" Subject: Conditional acceptance into the International Experience Canada initiative.

Dear Mr./Ms. Coghlan, "

Then there's just a big blank space? There's no link to take me to the second stage of the process. Anyone else having this problem with half an email from these clowns?

Oh and there's a ridiculous message on the first page of the mail to say Javascript is disabled. Javascript is not disabled in my safari settings and I've tried downloading it through google chrome too and still get the same message. I would mail the IEC with this problem but i won't get a reply.

Cheers guys

do the this first and keep record of
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

then this next
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

register with gckey log in, after that upload documents.

sorry follow ross advice first if you have having problems with letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Hey guys,

Dear Mr./Ms. Coghlan, "

Cheers guys

I had an issue with Chrome and Safari is based on webkit as is Chrome. Download the PDF and open it up with Adobe Reader instead, try firefox also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 awesomepossum

Thanks guys, much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

So filling out the forms. Was there any concensus about the Family form? I'm doing 5707? Is that fine. And I don't need to sign them, right? Like to print them off and sign them manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

hey folks.

A quick question regarding Police certs if anyone can help.

A couple of years ago I spent a year in Thailand. When I was there I was on several tourist visas as in Every 3 months I would leave Thailand through Malaysia and re enter thus getting a new 3 month tourist visa. Now to get a Canadian visa as you know you need Police certs from every country you have lived in for more than 6 months. As technically I didnt live there I was only on tourist visa I cant get a Police cert, does anyone have any idea what my situation is regarding Police clearance??? Has anyone been traveling and are in the same boat? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    So filling out the forms. Was there any concensus about the Family form? I'm doing 5707? Is that fine. And I don't need to sign them, right? Like to print them off and sign them manually?

i printed mines off that is the 5707 form only and signed some are saying no need to sign them, but i did just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

saggart26 wrote: »
    Hi Paddy, do you know if there were applicants who were heading over for a second time and weren’t asked for a Canadian police cert? I’m also heading over to Toronto so it probably likely that i’ll need one. Its a bit frustrating given that i could have applied for it months ago. Do you have a link to the facebook page? Can you also forward on the email address that you contacted and i’ll send them a mail as well? Good thing im not in a rush to leave!

Not sure if people heading over for 2nd year have got through without canadian police cert...the facebook page is just called IEC 2012 ,
    The email address I was told contact was question@cic.gc.ca
    This canadian cert is a bit of a disaster, was hoping to be out there by April...

Also I got the 1295E form. Is that the same as the 1295 or did I answer something wrong for my MyCIC accoutn questions? :(

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    i printed mines off that is the 5707 form only and signed some are saying no need to sign them, but i did just in case.

Yeah, can't imagine there'd be any harm. My 5707 is called the 5707E. Are those the same thing? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

its the same form, the 'e' is there because its the electronic version of that form

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Yeah, can't imagine there'd be any harm. My 5707 is called the 5707E. Are those the same thing? :confused:

yes:)

The 5707 is NOT for Irish citizens. It says it on the 2nd page of the 5707. There is another, (56** can't remember the code of it), this is the one we need. It requires sibling info also. The 5707 is only for a short list of countries described on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    hey folks.

A quick question regarding Police certs if anyone can help.

A couple of years ago I spent a year in Thailand. When I was there I was on several tourist visas as in Every 3 months I would leave Thailand through Malaysia and re enter thus getting a new 3 month tourist visa. Now to get a Canadian visa as you know you need Police certs from every country you have lived in for more than 6 months. As technically I didnt live there I was only on tourist visa I cant get a Police cert, does anyone have any idea what my situation is regarding Police clearance??? Has anyone been traveling and are in the same boat? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Technically you dont need a cert from thailand as it was only 3 months at a time, but you are supposed to scan all stamps in your passport pages too so it might raise a few eyebrows. Id say you will be grand but this process is a pain to say the least so its hard to know.

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    The 5707 is NOT for Irish citizens. It says it on the 2nd page of the 5707. There is another, (56** can't remember the code of it), this is the one we need. It requires sibling info also. The 5707 is only for a short list of countries described on it.

Emm people have got their LOI's filling the 5707 form. You can fill either form it doesnt matter!

sully2010 wrote: »
    Technically you dont need a cert from thailand as it was only 3 months at a time, but you are supposed to scan all stamps in your passport pages too so it might raise a few eyebrows. Id say you will be grand but this process is a pain to say the least so its hard to know.

Cheers,

Thats what I was thinking. I dont think it will look good at all but there is not much I can do. Id say my visa pretty much depends on this and the more I think about it the less confident I am.:(

I also lived in China and Australia and I am waiting on Police certs from them but there should be no problem.

Reading a few posts here the next stage seems like a right pain in the bum. it will just be a nightmare to do so much and then get refused for something so sh1ty.

Emm people have got their LOI's filling the 5707 form. You can fill either form it doesnt matter!

I looked at page 2 of the 5707E form which says:

Untitled.jpg

but if people are getting LOI using the 5707 then surely it doesn't matter what form they use. just my two cents.

it is confusing how it is written bit but how i took it, after loads of reading in to it and asking around, is that it is just wrote very unclear. it is actually anyone over 18 OR a minor who is from one of those countries and travelling alone. people who have sent the 5707 have gotten their LOI/POE's

Fair enough! That's good! I had filled the 5707 and my friend noticed that note on it. Just thought I'd share the knowledge! :D

• Advertisement

amster wrote: »
    it is confusing how it is written bit but how i took it, after loads of reading in to it and asking around, is that it is just wrote very unclear. it is actually anyone over 18 OR a minor who is from one of those countries and travelling alone. people who have sent the 5707 have gotten their LOI/POE's

Thats the conclusion I got to also:) Very badly worded

it really is! i swear this whole process has me feeling like the thickest person ever, its just so confusing - even the simplest things are wrecking my head! just second guessing everything! in saying that i would gladly put up with months more of this hassle if it gets me my visa :)

Another quick question folks,

I see a few of you are having problems with filling in the forms and are uncertain about somethings... Are any of you with Go4less or Usit? I am just asking because they said they check forms before you send them to make sure they are correct and I presume they would point out any mistakes?

Or are most of you filling the forms yourselves and sending them off?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Another quick question folks,

I see a few of you are having problems with filling in the forms and are uncertain about somethings... Are any of you with Go4less or Usit? I am just asking because they said they check forms before you send them to make sure they are correct and I presume they would point out any mistakes?

Or are most of you filling the forms yourselves and sending them off?

most of us are doing it solo but i have noticed a few with go4less and the totally usless usit ... dont bother paying for them to look over ur forms sure u can get a friend to do it for free :)

media101 wrote: »
    most of us are doing it solo but i have noticed a few with go4less and the totally usless usit ... dont bother paying for them to look over ur forms sure u can get a friend to do it for free :)

I second that, would rather just go with common sense then pay that useless shower!

USIT wont even talk to you about Canada if you walk into their offices they tell you to go online! Robbers too!

hey, can anyone tell me if the application number starting with W that is on your MyCIC login page - where it says:

Completed

Transmitted App # Date Created Date Transmitted

Online Application W******* *********** *************

is that the same number you are sent in your confirmation email that you need to enter in to the Kompass account? still havent gotten my confirmation email

media101 wrote: »

I applied for a visa last year and pretty much last minute but I was too late, they had all gone, but I had given go4less a fee of 75 quid but they were cool and held onto it for this years visa. Im actually going too a seminar on friday about the stage you lads are on, its free so I might aswell, it might help with some of the problems some of you folks are having.

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    I second that, would rather just go with common sense then pay that useless shower!

USIT wont even talk to you about Canada if you walk into their offices they tell you to go online! Robbers too!

Last year that happened to me, I went into their office on the quays and the girl looked at me as if I had 10 heads when asking about a Canadian visa, thats why I went with another crowd, I Heard a few bad reports about Usit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 deanmachine

Hello guys.

Really sorry if this is on the wrong thread but I was hoping some of you clever people might be able to help :)

I have a bit of an urgent question about the IEC Kompass account.
    I set up an Ireland IEC Kompass account on the 1st Feb (I live in Northern Ireland and have a British passport so I couldn't apply anyway)
    I am wondering though, how do I delete this Ireland account?

There is no delete option on the account login and haven't been able to get any advice from contacting the IEC website people since they are so busy...
    Do you think I will still be able to register a UK Kompass account on the 25th Feb using the same email and passport details and stuff?

I can log in on the Ireland IEC Kompass website, but have tried logging in to the UK Kompass page with these details and the system doesn't recognise it... so I assume I will have to create a new one... bit of a risk though to wait and find out if it is even possible to make 2 accounts, when the second round of the UK apps open on Monday..! :eek: Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Dean

• Advertisement

Hello guys.

Really sorry if this is on the wrong thread but I was hoping some of you clever people might be able to help :)

I have a bit of an urgent question about the IEC Kompass account.
    I set up an Ireland IEC Kompass account on the 1st Feb (I live in Northern Ireland and have a British passport so I couldn't apply anyway)
    I am wondering though, how do I delete this Ireland account?

There is no delete option on the account login and haven't been able to get any advice from contacting the IEC website people since they are so busy...
    Do you think I will still be able to register a UK Kompass account on the 25th Feb using the same email and passport details and stuff?

I can log in on the Ireland IEC Kompass website, but have tried logging in to the UK Kompass page with these details and the system doesn't recognise it... so I assume I will have to create a new one... bit of a risk though to wait and find out if it is even possible to make 2 accounts, when the second round of the UK apps open on Monday..! :eek: Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Dean

Not a clue mate. But I would say if you set up a seperate Uk account you should be ok. Once you never got a WTN I cant see any problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement