Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

Yea I just went to the gc log in and registered!?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I did the exact same, into stage 2 mycic and registered for gckey. I didn't want to put in client id number in case it came back from stage 1

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

flynnser19 wrote: »
    Yea I just went to the gc log in and registered!?

I registered with the gckey, which brought me to MyCIC and reistered there. I then done the 'coming to Canada' questionnaire, and then got into the 'Upload Documents' section of MyCIC.

I didn't need to do it I got straight into the upload documents section after answering a few questions about myself!!but I didn't do the coming to Canada thing like

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

I didn't need to do it I got straight into the upload documents section after answering a few questions about myself!!but I didn't do the coming to Canada thing like

I think you will be ok. I am sure the 'coming to Canada' section isn't compulsary.

• Advertisement

Ok hopefully!!!i got the impression it was just for helping you choose which visa applies to you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Ok hopefully!!!i got the impression it was just for helping you choose which visa applies to you!!!

did they ask you for your personal checklist code to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

If you grew up in Northern Ireland, have an Irish passport and now work in the Republic of Ireland, do you have to put Northern Ireland as a previous country of residence on the application?

dmags wrote: »
    If you grew up in Northern Ireland, have an Irish passport and now work in the Republic of Ireland, do you have to put Northern Ireland as a previous country of residence on the application?

are you refering to Q.8 of the IMM1295 form?

if so its only applicable if it was in the last 5 years & for more than 6 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

i never got any personal checklist code?

i got into mycic through the gckey option and got as far as uploading documments.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Yes question 8. Fair enough I'll have to put it in. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

how did you guys upload your scanned photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Sorry if this is a stupid question lads but on the family info form under the children section is it your own children you put in or is it your brothers and sisters im not clear on that part

seachto7 wrote: »
    how did you guys upload your scanned photos?

i got passport photos taken and they put the image onto a memory stick, i gave them the size and dpi requirements, i uploaded it then from my memory stick

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

Ya know this question....

Do you plan to work in one of the following categories?

Athletes and coaches
    Aviation accident or incident investigators
    Business visitors
    Civil aviation inspectors
    Clergy
    Convention organizers
    Crew members
    Emergency service providers
    Examiners and evaluators
    Expert witnesses or investigators
    Family members of foreign representatives
    Foreign government officers
    Foreign representatives
    Health-care students
    Judges, referees and similar officials
    Military personnel
    News reporters, film and media crews
    Performing artists
    Public speakers

why exactly are they asking it?? I am hoping to get an internship as a reporter (all my work experience currently is in architecture though) but I'm afraid if I answer yes they'll make me get a medical or something.........

EDIT: or maybe is it just if I was from RTE looking to work there... as opposed to working for a canadian station... gaaaah!!

id say if you answer yes they will make you get a medical that costs about 300e, if i were you id just answer no.

id say if you answer yes they will make you get a medical that costs about 300e, if i were you id just answer no.

I don't have 300 euro... so I shall be saying No to that definitely!

im not saying its the right thing to do, just what id be doing in ur situation

i got passport photos taken and they put the image onto a memory stick, i gave them the size and dpi requirements, i uploaded it then from my memory stick

I reckon I should do that. I got passport photos last week thinking I had to post the application :(

• Advertisement

seachto7 wrote: »
    I reckon I should do that. I got passport photos last week thinking I had to post the application :(

if you go back to where you got them they may still have your image on the computer and they should put it onto memory stick for free

if you go back to where you got them they may still have your image on the computer and they should put it onto memory stick for free

will try that tomorrow, if not get them done again...

Can some1 PM me please? Have a few questions about these forms and im seriously loosin the will to live here

Em, when I try open the IMM1295 Application Form this comes up:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

And I've downloaded the new one and all :(

Happening to anyone??

Em, when I try open the IMM1295 Application Form this comes up:

To view the full contents of this document, you need a later version of the PDF viewer. You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader from www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
    For further support, go to www.adobe.com/support/products/acrreader.html

And I've downloaded the new one and all :(

Happening to anyone??

If your using google chrome dont ! Use your ordinary browser

If your using google chrome dont ! Use your ordinary browser

Bastarding Safari!

I'll use Firefox, thanks!

....and Firefox won't work either. STUPID MAC.

EDIT: I was too hasty. It worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

I have to agree with this. Of course it feels good to get a head start on things but I'm more comfortable waiting for the real instructions to be released before I do anything!

Tonto86 wrote: »
    Just noticed two things.

The family information form up for download seems to be the wrong one. It says on the bottom

I checked my paper work from last year and it was IMM5645 i filled in then.

I also got that form. I clicked on the IMM5645 form and had a look over it, it just has one or two more questions. I presume all will become clear when it actually opens... I hope :/

WasterEx wrote: »

Type "Unknown" in to both fields.

Then did you leave the rest of it blank when it asked for employers address/job title etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Hey, where would you recommend for that? A pharmacy? Where did you get yours done if you don't mind my asking?

Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement