Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Whats everyones tips for taking the picture and getting it to fit the perfect dimensions? Like is it a matter of just going to a photobooth and scanning in a pic or can i take one on my phone (galaxy s3)

Such ridiculous limitations with it... millimeters ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Keano! wrote: »
    Whats everyones tips for taking the picture and getting it to fit the perfect dimensions? Like is it a matter of just going to a photobooth and scanning in a pic or can i take one on my phone (galaxy s3)

http://www.idphoto4you.com/

check out my recent posts concerning this.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Keano! wrote: »

I just got my housemate to take a picure with my camera, uploaded it on my computer and cropped it and changed the size to the recommended specs. It took all of ten minutes and it uploaded no bother! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

do you really require fingerprints for the police check? Just sent off my cic application and I'm seeing this on the facebook page....I really hope this doesn't screw things up. the police check is stamped and signed...I don't think they would need more!?

is everyone else mycic running slow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

sully2010 wrote: »

Oh jesus my head is gona explode with this crap..no matter how many forms I fill in my surname is always spelt wrong.. thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

do you really require fingerprints for the police check? Just sent off my cic application and I'm seeing this on the facebook page....I really hope this doesn't screw things up. the police check is stamped and signed...I don't think they would need more!?

No finger prints are required. Garda Cert is enough.

gary27 wrote: »
    is everyone else mycic running slow?

Yeah it was terribly slow earlier

Yeah it was terribly slow earlier

hopefully it speed up after a while would like to submit my app.

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    No finger prints are required. Garda Cert is enough.

great thanks, that's a sigh of relief. the long wait begins:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Yeah, awful for me now, too.

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Yeah, awful for me now, too.

There must be tons of people on the site uploading etc...
    It's really slow

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

amster wrote: »
    oh alright. when you click on the message it should open a letter with the account details. if the letter doesn't open try a different browser. I have details here but its for the Dublin one so cant imagine be any good to you

I've received one message that simply states "Subject: Notification of receipt – Please submit payment and proof of payment."

But with no information on where to pay the money to!

Anyone who is applying through the UK system facing the same issues?
    Or anyone with the information of where the fees need to be paid to?

Starkey18 wrote: »
    I've received one message that simply states "Subject: Notification of receipt – Please submit payment and proof of payment."

But with no information on where to pay the money to!

Anyone who is applying through the UK system facing the same issues?
    Or anyone with the information of where the fees need to be paid to?

did you not get a pdf in the message section which you open, did you not click on the link in the messages and download the pdf?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

gary27 wrote: »
    did you not get a pdf in the message section which you open, did you not click on the link in the messages and download the pdf?

No, the message simply stated that the payment was required. There was nothing else in the message.

What was the format of your message?

Starkey18 wrote: »
    No, the message simply stated that the payment was required. There was nothing else in the message.

What was the format of your message?

its a long letter in english and french and gave details of payment method ie into AIB account in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Trying to upload the passport and stamps now. Just copy + pasted both images in to paint and saved it as one file as a Jpeg. That'll do the job, right?

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Trying to upload the passport and stamps now. Just copy + pasted both images in to paint and saved it as one file as a Jpeg. That'll do the job, right?

i did the same thing, mycic is running slow atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lou9

I am logging on to the CIC website and it's letting me log in and get to the first page.

Then when I click continue, it won't load the page and is saying Javascript disabled.

Is this a problem with the site? Anyone else having similar problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

anbrutog wrote: »
    Hey Cream Bun ,

Is your pdf still open ?? Validate it , then save it , then close it and then upload it....

I was trying to upload mine while it was still open and it was giving me guff...make sure its closed!
    Do you have anything for the postcodes section ??

I feel your pain though.
    Took me the guts of a day to upload everything yesterday.
    Its an absolute mess of a system , everywhere you look.

Hi anbrutog
    Yes, I made sure it was validated and saved and closed when I was trying to upload it. I left the postcodes blank i think, what did you put in for postcodes? i must have tried it about 50 times aargh! Its saved on my computer in work so wont be able to try it again until the morning.

No doubt ill be on here again in the am asking more questions ha ha :rolleyes: thanks, glad yours worked for you! hopefully ill have better luck tomorro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahandphil

To IEC

I have submitted my application approx 2 weeks ago and have not received an email for proof of payment. My partner applied after me and she has received a conditional letter of acceptance and all at this stage.Just want to ensure there is nothing wrong with my account etc.. as I am anxious to pay the fee and move onto the next stage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi, on my Garda cert, my middle name isnt included, but on passport, application form etc, my middle name is included. any one with a similiar issue?

hey, can I ask what you did in the end as my boyfriend is in the same situation now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

del777 wrote: »
    hey, can I ask what you did in the end as my boyfriend is in the same situation now...

im the same, it shouldnt be an issue, wouldnt say they would be that pedantic in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

im the same, it shouldnt be an issue, wouldnt say they would be that pedantic in fairness!

Im still waiting on my cert but I never thought about that. I heard they are very pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi Del777, I contacted Go4less at I registered with them and they said middle name isnt required, not sure if I trust them entirely but at this stage I am going to submit cert as it is. My first last name, address and DOB are ok on it so i think the worst can happen is that I am refused and have to re-apply with a new cert.

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi Del777, I contacted Go4less at I registered with them and they said middle name isnt required, not sure if I trust them entirely but at this stage I am going to submit cert as it is. My first last name, address and DOB are ok on it so i think the worst can happen is that I am refused and have to re-apply with a new cert.

Great ok thanks, Ill submit his as is and hope for the best.....

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Yeah, i dont know if it is good advise, if the name was was spelt incorrectly I would definately go back, however I am hoping that the omission of a middle name wont be an issue, I had to go back to the garda three times to get a new cert, one was out of date, the next one they did not stamp and another was made out to Australian embassy in error, I really dont want to have to go in again

three times? how annoying!! fingers crossed we all get sorted soon, the CIC part is so confusing and awkward! But I just keep thinking about the end line and getting outta here!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Are we supposed to include all brothers/sisters on family form or just parents?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Yay just got a new message on my Kompass account! First thing I've heard since my payment was verified!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement