Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

Anyone know what to put on the family form for your spouse under question will they be accompanying you to Canada? My husband will be going first and I will be going a few weeks after that so do I put yes or no?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 barrybo

Anybody else have their welcome to Canada letter? Cos I got mine on Sunday! 10 days waiting for the mycic application and only like a week I think for payment verification. Happy bunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

ENNE wrote: »
    Anyone know what to put on the family form for your spouse under question will they be accompanying you to Canada? My husband will be going first and I will be going a few weeks after that so do I put yes or no?
    Thanks.
    I was at a Go4less Seminar in Dublin at the weekend and they gave the example that if a brother/sister was going to Canada with you then you would indicate no as this person wont be dependant on you and would be working themselves, I am not sure if the same applies for a spouse

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

YAY! just recieved my Conditional acceptance letter thing. Now to start pulling my hair!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Johanna3 wrote: »
    I was at a Go4less Seminar in Dublin at the weekend and they gave the example that if a brother/sister was going to Canada with you then you would indicate no as this person wont be dependant on you and would be working themselves, I am not sure if the same applies for a spouse

Hey Johanna

Im booked in for their seminar on Friday, worth attending?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Im still waiting on my cert but I never thought about that. I heard they are very pedantic.

so you reckon you could be refused a visa if your first name and surname and the address all matched up except they left your middle name out of the garda clearance cert? really couldnt see them doing that to somebody to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi Johnnyc67, it was helpful, but if you have been following this thread, you will prob know as much as you need. Glad I went though

so you reckon you could be refused a visa if your first name and surname and the address all matched up except they left your middle name out of the garda clearance cert? really couldnt see them doing that to somebody to be honest!

No your probs right.

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi Johnnyc67, it was helpful, but if you have been following this thread, you will prob know as much as you need. Glad I went though

Yep folk in here are very helpful but Ill pop along anyway, wont do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Application submitted to cic, fingers crossed it goes alright and best of luck to everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Got everything together and uploaded and submitted just now, when you figure out what is going on it really is simpler then last year, but at the start of phase 2 it seemed like the biggest pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Laura Gaf

mairemoo wrote: »
    YAY! just recieved my Conditional acceptance letter thing. Now to start pulling my hair!:P

Me too who hoo!

how do you upload the family information form if it wont allow you save it??

also, is there any need to provide any signatures for both forms if the application is online?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

how do you upload the family information form if it wont allow you save it??

also, is there any need to provide any signatures for both forms if the application is online?

fill in the family form and just print it out, sign it if you want and scan it, then upload it. :D

Some people are signing the family form and some aren't. I printed mine out, signed it and scanned it back up (cant see signing it doing any harm)

ya, but i wasnt going to print it and scan it, i was just going to do it electronically, but when i fill it in it says i cant save the form, so im wondering how do you upload it without saving it?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Hey guys, I'm filling out the IM1295 and it asks if you have in the military (reserve or not) i was in the FCA for 4 years. it says that I may have to fill out another form about this. Does anyone know if it will negatively affect my chances of getting a work permit?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Does anyone know the username of the person posting from the IEC? Too many pages in this damn thread.
    Much appreciated

Shalamov wrote: »
    Does anyone know the username of the person posting from the IEC? Too many pages in this damn thread.
    Much appreciated

KAT is her name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

ya, but i wasnt going to print it and scan it, i was just going to do it electronically, but when i fill it in it says i cant save the form, so im wondering how do you upload it without saving it?
    You can't you have to print it and scan it in

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    You can't you have to print it and scan it in

thanks mate, just after figuring that out!

do you know where they give the requirements for the cv? i need to do up my cv.

also, in the personal information form, there was not enough space for my former employers, do you just put those onto an additional sheet and attach it to the bottom where it allows the option?

• Advertisement

Just messing about with now. You could convert it to a word doc then convert that to PDF and upload it, but thats just too much hassle and it mightn't be accepted due to it not being the correct format (electronically)

It states on the top of the form that it cant be saved and will need to be printed and scanned

thanks mate, just after figuring that out!

do you know where they give the requirements for the cv? i need to do up my cv.

also, in the personal information form, there was not enough space for my former employers, do you just put those onto an additional sheet and attach it to the bottom where it allows the option?

Regarding the Cv, I dont think so. I just updated mine I have used here and uploaded it.

Im not 100% sure about the additional form but I think you do. Can anybody clear this bit up?

i just saw what they require for cv so thats fine....

the only bit i need clarity on is the personal info form where it asks for 10 years of employment but only gives 3 boxs so do i put it in that letter of explanation section?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sarahandphil

Please be advised that if you are applying to International Experiece Canada you are only to pay the participation fee to IEC. There is NO second fee for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (stage 2) of the process. ~ Kat

To IEC

I have submitted my application approx 2 weeks ago and have not received an email for proof of payment. My partner applied after me and she has received a conditional letter of acceptance and all at this stage.Just want to ensure there is nothing wrong with my account etc.. as I am anxious to pay the fee and move onto the next stage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

Does any one kno how i fill in the family information form on my cic account?

i just saw what they require for cv so thats fine....

the only bit i need clarity on is the personal info form where it asks for 10 years of employment but only gives 3 boxs so do i put it in that letter of explanation section?

Star25 was having the same issue on pg 283. Maybe PM him and see what he did. On pg287 dirtsquirts said "i think you're supposed to include the rest in the letter of explanation"

Hope this helps bud :)
    To IEC

I have submitted my application approx 2 weeks ago and have not received an email for proof of payment. My partner applied after me and she has received a conditional letter of acceptance and all at this stage.Just want to ensure there is nothing wrong with my account etc.. as I am anxious to pay the fee and move onto the next stage. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You might be quicker to contact Kat on facebook. She hasnt posted on this in a while

http://www.facebook.com/IECLondon

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

This is for anyone who had issues validating their IMM1295, when it doesn't upload and says in red that there are invalid entries etc..........

How did you end up doing it??!! I've been trying for two days now!! I think I've aged about ten years in the process!! Ive updated Adobe, Ive used different web browsers, used a mixture of "Unknown" and "N/A" for the employment in Canada details, put in/and left out dates for employment while in canada.... Validated it, got the barcodes, entered the date after the barcodes (can't put in a signature, i'm pretty sure we dont do that anyway), saved it and it wont upload :(

thanks!!

This is for anyone who had issues validating their IMM1295, when it doesn't upload and says in red that there are invalid entries etc..........

How did you end up doing it??!! I've been trying for two days now!! I think I've aged about ten years in the process!! Ive updated Adobe, Ive used different web browsers, used a mixture of "Unknown" and "N/A" for the employment in Canada details, put in/and left out dates for employment while in canada.... Validated it, got the barcodes, entered the date after the barcodes (can't put in a signature, i'm pretty sure we dont do that anyway), saved it and it wont upload :(

thanks!!

Try following this and match it against yours

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcvo3280lhk3rxt/IMM1295_cheatsheet.pdf

Give it a second to open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

i just noticed that now thanks but i cant sign my name were it says sign to confirm have no spouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

treefiddy wrote: »
    i just noticed that now thanks but i cant sign my name were it says sign to confirm have no spouse

during the entire application process, you do not need to sign anything. just enter the date. :)

(nice username by the way. southpark reference. awesome!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement