Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

KAT is her name!

thanks mate

Question for anyone who went to Canada on a J1 equivalent (think it was called SWAP) and is now renewing an IEC visa from Canada.
    Have you experienced any issues with your application? Is this still counted as your second visa?
    Hearing rumours that IEC regard an extension as a third visa (only if you went to Canada as a student before), and are rejecting applications...
    If anyone could shed light on this I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

Hey Guys, I got my conditional letter in the wee hours of Thursday night and submitted my CIC application at like, 1am. Then woke up this morning to a message from CIC asking for my Police Cert from Ireland, which I obviously already submitted. I originally sent it with my disclosure of information form for New Zealand, all in the one document as requested. Not sure what went wrong exactly, but hey ho it's done now. Just thought there might be somebody else in a similar situation? Has anybody who submitted a disclosure of information form for NZ gotten their LOI yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

barrybo wrote: »
    Anybody else have their welcome to Canada letter? Cos I got mine on Sunday! 10 days waiting for the mycic application and only like a week I think for payment verification. Happy bunny!
    Hi , so did the email come to your email account or did you have to check your CIC account? good to know they are working weekends! i submitted mine on the 7th and still waiting for the LOI so it must not be first come first served afterall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

ukulayla wrote: »
    Hey Guys, I got my conditional letter in the wee hours of Thursday night and submitted my CIC application at like, 1am. Then woke up this morning to a message from CIC asking for my Police Cert from Ireland, which I obviously already submitted. I originally sent it with my disclosure of information form for New Zealand, all in the one document as requested. Not sure what went wrong exactly, but hey ho it's done now. Just thought there might be somebody else in a similar situation? Has anybody who submitted a disclosure of information form for NZ gotten their LOI yet?

I submitted my CIC application on 7th with a disclosure of information form for NZ and Police Certs from Ireland, Australia and USA. I have not heard anything since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 gracebcd

HELP HELP HELP HELP:confused::confused:

Need some advise please Folks!!!!

I lost my passport on Monday in town :o Well I left it in my hoodie top and my top was taken, not sure by accident or stolen so Im still hoping I get a call about it if it was taken by accident. Too make it worse I had been in town getting it scanned for the application process:( Im going to wait a day before I report it stolen just incase.

But my question is if I get a new one and obviously it will be a new number and dates which will differ from the original I sent at the start of the process, will this affect my application. so peed off and worried to bits now:(

I tried ringing the IEC but no Luck...

Anyone have any idea????

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

gracebcd wrote: »

I lost my passport on Monday in town :o Well I left it in my hoodie top and my top was taken, not sure by accident or stolen so Im still hoping I get a call about it if it was taken by accident. Too make it worse I had been in town getting it scanned for the application process:( Im going to wait a day before I report it stolen just incase.

But my question is if I get a new one and obviously it will be a new number and dates which will differ from the original I sent at the start of the process, will this affect my application. so peed off and worried to bits now:(

I triec ringing the IEC but no Luck...

Anyone have any idea????

thats ****y !! go on facebook iec page and ask around there ... sorry cant be more helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

I tried ringing the IEC but no Luck...

Anyone have any idea????

In your kompass account there is an option for updating your passport details so i presume this is the kind of situation that option is for.
    However i advise that you get confirmation from the IEC on this

In your kompass account there is an option for updating your passport details so i presume this is the kind of situation that option is for.

Thankyou, I have tried ringing them but no luck, I imagine they are very busy. Ill have a look at my IEC account.

media101 wrote: »
    thats ****y !! go on facebook iec page and ask around there ... sorry cant be more helpful

Ill try that, have you a link or will I just search IEC on facebook?

Again thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Thankyou, I have tried ringing them but no luck, I imagine they are very busy. Ill have a look at my IEC account.

Their offices may not have opened yet. Try again later this afternoon.
    If that still fails you, an email with URGENT in the subject line may help you.

Hey,

I just logged on to my Kompass account and you are spot on, there is an update passport number option.

Ill try and get in touch with the IEC aswell. Maybe its not so bad after all. I have all the pages of my passport(missing/stolen) scanned anyway if they need to look at them.

Hey,

I just logged on to my Kompass account and you are spot on, there is an update passport number option.

Ill try and get in touch with the IEC aswell. Maybe its not so bad after all. I have all the pages of my passport(missing/stolen) scanned anyway if they need to look at them.

From the IEC website http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#Passports right down the bottom

I have replaced the passport under which my Letter of Introduction was issued (because it was damaged/ lost/ stolen/ I got married) and am about to travel to Canada. May I still use the Letter of Introduction to obtain my work permit?
    Yes, as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired. When entering Canada, you must notify the border service officer of this change so that your work permit may be issued in accordance with your current passport information. We recommend that you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport for presentation at the port of entry. If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Are we supposed to include all brothers/sisters on family form or just parents?

Anyone?

Anyone?

People have done both and have got LOI's if you look back. I filled out the one that was on my check list. It only had parents on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Anyone?

i used the 5707 form and submitted that, i heard people getting LOI with just using that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hi guys, I filled in the application form and validated it but I printed it and then closed out of it by accident without saving it to the computer.. when I tried to upload the scanned print out it wouldnt let me.. Im now getting errors on the site!! does anybody know can I go back in a validate another form?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

del777 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I filled in the application form and validated it but I printed it and then closed out of it by accident without saving it to the computer.. when I tried to upload the scanned print out it wouldnt let me.. Im now getting errors on the site!! does anybody know can I go back in a validate another form?

you don't need to print out the 1295 form just fill out, validate and upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

Hi there, I have received an email from Mycic requesting a Canadian Police Cert from the time of my previous participation on the IEC in 2011. The FAQs of the IEC state that a Canadian Police Cert isn't necessary. But Mycic have requested it by March 11th and apparently it can take up to 16 weeks to obtain one from outside Canada (I'm in Ireland) At the moment my best option seems to be to fly to Toronto for a week, sort it, then return. Surely this shouldn't be necessary?

I've heard that this has happened to others who previously took part in the IEC. Has anyone gotten any definitive answers?

Also does anyone have the link to the facebook page for IEC with this person Kat who is supposedly a representative of the IEC? I've tried finding it but had no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

OH???? This is a new one on me, I was taking my time sending back the forms cos I thought there was no rush as my current IEC is valid til MAy - is this happening everyone in Canada on an IEC currently???

• Advertisement

minnow12 wrote: »
    OH???? This is a new one on me, I was taking my time sending back the forms cos I thought there was no rush as my current IEC is valid til MAy - is this happening everyone in Canada on an IEC currently???

I'm not sure if your message is a response to mine but all the same...

I don't think they will ask for a Police Cert if you are currently in Canada..even if they do it's pretty quick to sort out there. Knowing my situation now I'd do it anyway regardless.

But

I wouldn't be slow about applying for your IEC, as I understand the allocations have already been filled up and there is also a long waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

jaff wrote: »
    Hi there, I have received an email from Mycic requesting a Canadian Police Cert from the time of my previous participation on the IEC in 2011. The FAQs of the IEC state that a Canadian Police Cert isn't necessary. But Mycic have requested it by March 11th and apparently it can take up to 16 weeks to obtain one from outside Canada (I'm in Ireland) At the moment my best option seems to be to fly to Toronto for a week, sort it, then return. Surely this shouldn't be necessary?

I've heard that this has happened to others who previously took part in the IEC. Has anyone gotten any definitive answers?

Also does anyone have the link to the facebook page for IEC with this person Kat who is supposedly a representative of the IEC? I've tried finding it but had no luck.

Really? I also participated in the IEC before and I didnt get a police cert from Canada. Have you the link to where it says that its is not necessary on the FAQs? I cant find it, but I know it definately used to state that...

Also, just was googling about this and came across this website. Might be of some help: http://www.fingerscan.ca/2160-2/

That's interesting...it seems to have disappeared from the FAQs..

As it happens I copied it to use in an email, here's what it did say..

"Police CertificationAs part of the requirement to provide police certification with my IEC application, do I need to provide a Canadian police certificate if I have previously participated in the initiative?
    No. You are not required to provide a copy of a Canadian police certificate with your new application if you have previously participated in the IEC."

Now it's no where to be seen... Crap, they seemed to have moved the goalposts on this one.

Also, just was googling about this and came across this website. Might be of some help: http://www.fingerscan.ca/2160-2/

Yes I've emailed fingerscan to see what the deal is this morning, just waiting to hear back from them. Thanks for the link though, might come in handy for other people by the look of it.

Yes I've emailed fingerscan to see what the deal is this morning, just waiting to hear back from them. Thanks for the link though, might come in handy for other people by the look of it.

Yeah, im thinking I should go ahead and use them to get a canadian police cert. Are the guards the only place in Ireland where you can get a copy of your fingerprints? I hate dealing with them, you go in and ask them for something, they haven't a clue what you're on about or don't know how to do it so they start treating ya like a criminal for even asking.

Can't believe they have moved the goalposts like this, and if they did, they should have put up a notice at the start of the year so that people had time to sort this out....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Jaff....did they actually ask you for a Canadian Police Cert? You have got to be kidding me. They sent me a message last week, simply asking me to please submit my police cert, they didnt specify any reason they wanted it again. I assumed it was because I left out my middle name, and resubmitted a new one. I have been told we DONT need a police cert for our previous time spent in Canada (for me 2010). I didnt submit any for Canada, and now Im quietly freaking out!!

MKcin wrote: »
    Jaff....did they actually ask you for a Canadian Police Cert? You have got to be kidding me. They sent me a message last week, simply asking me to please submit my police cert, they didnt specify any reason they wanted it again. I assumed it was because I left out my middle name, and resubmitted a new one. I have been told we DONT need a police cert for our previous time spent in Canada (for me 2010). I didnt submit any for Canada, and now Im quietly freaking out!!

I'm sorry for freaking you out but maybe your case will be different but yes they asked for a Canadian Police Cert for the time that I was in Canada previously on the iEC..I had already submitted an Irish and a British one (I thought I was super prepared). It's making life difficult alright.

Bump

Question for anyone who went to Canada on a J1 equivalent (think it was called SWAP) and is now renewing an IEC visa from Canada.
    Have you experienced any issues with your application? Is this still counted as your second visa?
    Hearing rumours that IEC regard an extension as a third visa (only if you went to Canada as a student before), and are rejecting applications...
    If anyone could shed light on this I'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

Will it matter that ive put my name down as 'Ben' rather than 'Benjamin' on the form? Passport says 'Benjamin'

From reading these comments it sounds like they are rather picky...

Can i change my name on the application?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement