Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gracebcd

SAKBOUND wrote: »
    From the IEC website http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#Passports right down the bottom

I have replaced the passport under which my Letter of Introduction was issued (because it was damaged/ lost/ stolen/ I got married) and am about to travel to Canada. May I still use the Letter of Introduction to obtain my work permit?
    Yes, as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired. When entering Canada, you must notify the border service officer of this change so that your work permit may be issued in accordance with your current passport information. We recommend that you bring a photocopy of your previous passport along with your current valid passport for presentation at the port of entry. If you changed your passport because you got married, please also bring a copy of your marriage certificate.

Thanks a million:D

I have not heard anything so I am going to report it stolen.

"as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired."

Sorry for this stupid question but what is the letter of introduction??What stage Do I get this?? Im like most people and Im at proof of payment stage and waiting for the next stage. Will I just carry on as before??:confused:

Sorry folks but this just kinda knocked me for six.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

I've been asked to provide a canadian police cert too, I was in canada in 2007..
    It's a right balls. I was told and read that I didn't need a police cert from canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

gracebcd wrote: »
    Thanks a million:D

I have not heard anything so I am going to report it stolen.

"as long as the validity period of the Letter of Introduction has not expired."

Sorry for this stupid question but what is the letter of introduction??What stage Do I get this?? Im like most people and Im at proof of payment stage and waiting for the next stage. Will I just carry on as before??:confused:

Sorry folks but this just kinda knocked me for six.:(

Don't worry. The letter of introduction is the final thing you receive when everything has been successful. It is the letter you show the border patrol guard when you actually land in Canada. Very few people would have it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Paddy_kool wrote: »
    I've been asked to provide a canadian police cert too, I was in canada in 2007..
    It's a right balls. Ida's told and read that I didn't need a police cert from canada.

Did you input a UCI number into the 1295 form? I too was in Canada in 2007/08, so it was under SWAP/USIT - not sure if I should use that old number in there though? Some on here saying to leave it blank, others on fb saying if you participated before you'll have a UCI so input it?

It's all just getting a tad complicated for no reason!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

It's a right balls. I was told and read that I didn't need a police cert from canada.

Did they give you a date when you have to have it in by?

Also, what do you need to do to obtain one?

• Advertisement

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Did you input a UCI number into the 1295 form? I too was in Canada in 2007/08, so it was under SWAP/USIT - not sure if I should use that old number in there though? Some on here saying to leave it blank, others on fb saying if you participated before you'll have a UCI so input it?

Ya I put in my UCI when setting up the CIC account and on the 1295 form.
    I would put it down if I was you, your name is already on their system,
    Just my opinion, and get a police cert for canada,
    It would help if they were easier to contact about this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Yes I am wondering about that myself

Did they give you a date when you have to have it in by?

Also, what do you need to do to obtain one?

I first got an email saying they needed it by 25th feb but got another email ten mins later Saying I had until march 18th, not much time really,
    And it just said to provide a police certificate for canada as I was there for 6 months or more

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gracebcd

jaff wrote: »
    Don't worry. The letter of introduction is the final thing you receive when everything has been successful. It is the letter you show the border patrol guard when you actually land in Canada. Very few people would have it already.

Thanks jaff and everyone else for the help, brilliant stuff.:D

So Ill carry on, pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

I first got an email saying they needed it by 25th feb but got another email ten mins later Saying I had until march 18th, not much time really,
    And it just said to provide a police certificate for canada as I was there for 6 months or more

do u mind me asking when you submitted your application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

No, very little time, which is why I think im going to go ahead and get one before they ask me....

hegarty147 wrote: »
    do u mind me asking when you submitted your application?

I submitted my stage 2 early morning on 13th feb

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

Starkey18 wrote: »
    Will it matter that ive put my name down as 'Ben' rather than 'Benjamin' on the form? Passport says 'Benjamin'

From reading these comments it sounds like they are rather picky...

Can i change my name on the application?

Bump

Also..

How have people paid the IEC?

I am about to pay and im simply going to use my online banking to transfer the funds.

Then copy the screen into word then add the additional information..

Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

I submitted my stage 2 early morning on 13th feb

cheers so its basically taking 7 days...hope you sort the police cert out

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Also..

How have people paid the IEC?

I am about to pay and im simply going to use my online banking to transfer the funds.

Then copy the screen into word then add the additional information..

Is this correct?

have you not paid yet the 120euro that is?

gary27 wrote: »

No, not yet. Ive found the payment information and im about to pay now.

Im applying through the UK system, this website just seems to have the best information on!

hegarty147 wrote: »
    cheers so its basically taking 7 days...hope you sort the police cert out

More or less, they contacted me on the 18th

Is what i said the correct method?

There seems to be a lot of information to include and i dont want it to go wrong!

No, not yet. Ive found the payment information and im about to pay now.

Im applying through the UK system, this website just seems to have the best information on!

ok, for the receipt of payment make sure it contains all the information that the iec require.

• Advertisement

Ya I put in my UCI when setting up the CIC account and on the 1295 form.
    I would put it down if I was you, your name is already on their system,
    Just my opinion, and get a police cert for canada,
    It would help if they were easier to contact about this stuff

Yeah I'll input the UCI so, and as for the Canadian Police cert - do they just say seeing as you participated, etc, or in your application do you put down dates you were there? As we entered Canada in Aug, went to USA in the Nov/Dec, home to Ireland in Feb, back to Canada then in Feb also and back to USA in May I think - so technically didn't actually spend a consecutive six months there! lol!! I'm clutching at straws here to avoid getting the cert! haha!

ok, for the receipt of payment make sure it contains all the information that the iec require.

Yeah so can i just copy and paste the confirmation from the online banking into word then add the additional information?

What other method is there?

Additionally, will it matter that i have put my name as 'Ben' and not 'Benjamin'?

This whole process is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Try following this and match it against yours

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcvo3280lhk3rxt/IMM1295_cheatsheet.pdf

Give it a second to open :D

Thanks i'll give it a bash and see if it works! 300th time lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

Is what i said the correct method?

There seems to be a lot of information to include and i dont want it to go wrong!

Hey mate,

I paid by internet, what I did is just before you click confirm payment take a screen shot with all the details on it, And when you upload it make sure you put yuor WTN as the reference!;)

Yeah I'll input the UCI so, and as for the Canadian Police cert - do they just say seeing as you participated, etc, or in your application do you put down dates you were there? As we entered Canada in Aug, went to USA in the Nov/Dec, home to Ireland in Feb, back to Canada then in Feb also and back to USA in May I think - so technically didn't actually spend a consecutive six months there! lol!! I'm clutching at straws here to avoid getting the cert! haha!

Ya I put down the dates I was there.. In the employment section

Yeah so can i just copy and paste the confirmation from the online banking into word then add the additional information?

What other method is there?

Additionally, will it matter that i have put my name as 'Ben' and not 'Benjamin'?

This whole process is killing me.

you could do in the bank but the receipt must have all the additional details on it,
    some have paid using a lodgement slip as were not with AIB and got the entire slip photocopied and stamp dated by the bank, i uploaded that and it got verified, some have done a screen shot of your online transaction but like I said before it will need to have all the details on it and they will know that you have paid.

I would say go as it says on your passport etc and same with all other documents.

Ya I put down the dates I was there.. In the employment section

I'm half thinking of chancing my arm now and just sending off the application as is, as we only worked for 2mths there.

And if they reply asking for the police cert, then I'm just in the same boat as a lot of others? Oh I don't know what to do now! It's a total balls as they clearly said if their T&C previous to this that you do not need a Canadian Police Check!!! So frustrating!!

I'm half thinking of chancing my arm now and just sending off the application as is, as we only worked for 2mths there.

And if they reply asking for the police cert, then I'm just in the same boat as a lot of others? Oh I don't know what to do now! It's a total balls as they clearly said if their T&C previous to this that you do not need a Canadian Police Check!!! So frustrating!!

I know it's very frustrating... I was hoping to be back out there by April, prob won't be happening now, just hope to get this police cert sorted..
    Can't believe that it did say no cert was required aswell...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

After trying about another 100 times today with all different combinations my 1295E form has FINALLY uploaded. I deleted all the 'Not Applicable' that I had typed and left the sections blank and it uploaded. God onto the next hurdle now!

• Advertisement

I know it's very frustrating... I was hoping to be back out there by April, prob won't be happening now, just hope to get this police cert sorted..
    Can't believe that it did say no cert was required aswell...

I'm not sure if you're on FB, but on the Irish Canadian Immigration Centre's page, there's a girl there who has contacted the offices in Ottawa regarding the request for the Police Cert, as they were unaware this would come up, and there's a lot of people in the same boat. She posted today that they're still trying to sort it, so maybe 'like' the page and keep and eye there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/132443770140133/#!/pages/Irish-Canadian-Immigration-Centre/154674707978462?fref=ts

I haven't got the old UCI document with me now, so it'll be tonight before I start to do the forms again - started the questionnaire bit and then deleted it as seen the queries on the police checks on here, and seen that I had just signed myself into a 60day window with the questionnaire!

I'm in two minds also about the 'are you travelling with your spouse' question - as we will be going together, but not on the same visa naturally, so I questioned this on the FB page and they said say no, but then in the 1295 form you say yes!! Are there any other married couples on here applying for the visa's? Did you say 'yes' in the initially myCIC questionnaire in the 'coming to Canada' tool?

All these little things are probably non-significant, but still sending us over the edge!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement