Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

eoino90 wrote: »
    hey guys, I'm filling out the IM5707E and it says I gotta sign it if I have no children. So will i save the form, fill it out on my computer, print it off, sign where i'm meant to and scan it and upload? kinda confused with this one :S

exactly...form has to be signed in 3 places though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Ah, thanks man, hey another quick question if you don't mind, it says on the last page if your applying for a temporary resident visa and if your not from the listed countries you gotta fill out the IM 5645 instead. Scratching my head here. :confused:

eoino90 wrote: »
    Ah, thanks man, hey another quick question if you don't mind, it says on the last page if your applying for a temporary resident visa and if your not from the listed countries you gotta fill out the IM 5645 instead. Scratching my head here. :confused:

Ireland isnt part of the listed countries so ignore that form

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Technobod

Hi is any1 having problems logging in to their my cic account ??I have uploaded some documents but now its not accepting my pass word ???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Technobod wrote: »
    Hi is any1 having problems logging in to their my cic account ??I have uploaded some documents but now its not accepting my pass word ???:eek:

I just logged in and it was ok. Maybe try closing your browser and trying again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

So is everyone filling out details of brothers/sisters too? Or just parents? Does it really matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Starkey18 wrote: »
    Also..

How have people paid the IEC?

I am about to pay and im simply going to use my online banking to transfer the funds.

Then copy the screen into word then add the additional information..

Is this correct?

I paid by online transfer, but I used the SWIFT/IBAN rather than just sort & account numbers. It takes a few hours more to transfer. I think it took 3 to turn to completed but my banking online did it through the international section then so I was able to get a better receipt.

I then wrote on the bottom each of the heading's they gave and wrote in the answers even if it was already shown above on the receipt.

- Name of account holder
    - Name of financial institution - my bank
    - Account number - my acc number
    - Amount paid -
    - Date on which the payment was made
    - Reference number for the payment - I put the ref # they asked us to put on it & the ref # the bank gave (they were already on the receipt)
    - Payment purpose/Payment reference number: same as above

I got my payment verification in 4 hours!

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Cream Bun wrote: »
    So is everyone filling out details of brothers/sisters too? Or just parents? Does it really matter?

I sent mine in with just the parents. The way I saw it was that's the form the checklist gave me so that's the one I submitted.

Although I haven't heard anything yet. But I did say a few days back that on here that a couple both got their LOI's the same day and one had one form and the other had the other form. So it doesn't seem to be making a difference!

Goodluck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Great thanks! Im not going to fil out 5645 either..... Hope thats ok:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

Hi there,

Just wondering re photo to be uploaded does a passport one suffice? Got some done for a drivers licence and was just gonna use them as my photo but it doesnt show the tops of my shoulders? What did anyone else use as their photo?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

pinkie086 wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering re photo to be uploaded does a passport one suffice? Got some done for a drivers licence and was just gonna use them as my photo but it doesnt show the tops of my shoulders? What did anyone else use as their photo?

Cheers

All I need to upload is my photo now and I think Im just going to go to the chemist and get them to do it properly,I tried doing it myself but I cant get the dimensions right.. dont wana take any chances ... I know on a few threads back somebody scanned a passport photo for their application

• Registered Users Posts: 12 aodhanmag

Hi guys,

Im trying to validate my application but it wants details on a prospective canadian, job description and the dates i'll be employed. But I dont have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

del777 wrote: »
    All I need to upload is my photo now and I think Im just going to go to the chemist and get them to do it properly,I tried doing it myself but I cant get the dimensions right.. dont wana take any chances ... I know on a few threads back somebody scanned a passport photo for their application

Thanks a mill, might try the same thing and see if it is possible to get them to but it on a usb stick instead of printing it.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

I got this letter about 2 weeks ago like most others,but it is dated at the top of it with today's date (21 Feb 2013).
    Anybody know what the story is with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

cypressg wrote: »
    I got this letter about 2 weeks ago like most others,but it is dated at the top of it with today's date (21 Feb 2013).
    Anybody know what the story is with that?

I got mines on the 19th and it is also dated the 21st, i wouldn't worry about that I submitted my application to the cic on the 19th, they probably have so many letters to send out that the date was the same on some of the letters.

aodhanmag wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Im trying to validate my application but it wants details on a prospective canadian, job description and the dates i'll be employed. But I dont have one!

Just tyope "Unkown" and leave the dates blank....

Would help if I could spell properly!!

gary27 wrote: »
    I got mines on the 19th and it is also dated the 21st, i wouldn't worry about that I submitted my application to the cic on the 19th, they probably have so many letters to send out that the date was the same on some of the letters.

Id say its just the type of file it is that it pulls in the date of the day you open the file... Id say if you went to open it through your IEC account tomorrow it will have 22nd Feb on top

Id say its just the type of file it is that it pulls in the date of the day you open the file... Id say if you went to open it through your IEC account tomorrow it will have 22nd Feb on top

you may be right but I don't think the date on the letter matters, its getting the letter thats important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

The very first field to be filled is "UCI",anybody know what this is?

cypressg wrote: »
    The very first field to be filled is "UCI",anybody know what this is?

leave it blank if you haven't been on the iec visa before.

• Advertisement

Hey Gary27, I see you have submitted your application- can I ask what you did for the photo?? :)

Hey Gary27, I see you have submitted your application- can I ask what you did for the photo?? :)

I took a picture using a digital camera against a white or light coloured background.
    I uploaded the photo to; http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select canada and dimensions 3.5 x 4.5cm, select print size single photo, upload photo, crop it, select 600 dpi quality and select and wait for download link. let me know the resolution and kb/s size to ensure you are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 oscarmcl

hello

ive read a few posts about police checks and traffic history reports from different countries so i though id give an update on my application so far as it may be handy to some people

im from the north, however i hold an irish passport. ive also lived in australia for 2 years and new zealand for 1 year. bear in mind that i stated on my CV that i worked in queensland for 5 months, however, not in victoria

i got my police check from the uk body, as i live in NI, and ive never lived down south, i got my police certificate from oz, but not the traffic report, as i didnt believe myself to be a resident in queensland as it was less than 6 months, and i also filled in the disclosure of information form for the NZ police check. i uploaded all these docs to one file and attached it, and submiited my CIC application on the 15th Feb

Today i received an email from them requesting the following:

Dear *********,
    This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:
    ************ - ************:
    > Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Please provide a police clearance certificate from New Zealand and Australia. For the Australian certificate please provide one with a Traffic History Report. E-mail question@cic.gc.ca if you have any technical difficulties submitting. This must be received at this office by: 04/20/2013

so anyone applying from NI are good to use the UK police service, http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

ive emailed back, saying i didnt believe i needed the traffic report as i wasnt a resident in queensland (less than 6 months), and I never held an OZ license anyway, during my 2 years there, and also advising i sent the NZ disclosure of information form as advised to do, and im not sure what else i need to provide. so im waiting for an update regarding this and I'll post it

I also received a Vic roads letter recently saying I had no convictions. I emailed them in Decemeber asking for this (i read a few posts about this on this board, so i thought why not?) and it has just arrived. I asked for this as I spent a bit of time there and it was free. The queensland one is $20 AUS. so i might just upload this and see if it will suffice,as the request states I need one traffic history report, and doesnt specify which state. i might apply for the queensland one though, just incase they ask for it, which they probably will

the NZ police check request is concerning though, as I followed their instructions. has anyone done anything different regarding this or can provide any more info?

anyway, long post, but hopefully it can provide some answers to people, and I'll update if i hear anything back

good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

oscarmcl wrote: »

the NZ police check request is concerning though, as I followed their instructions. has anyone done anything different regarding this or can provide any more info?

I got the same thing last night about the NZ Police Cert so this morning I resubmitted the CONSENT TO DISCLOSE OF INFORMATION FORM including the second page where it explains how you get police clearance from NZ. I also attached a copy of my passport. I have not heard anything back yet. I am hoping it is just a case that they are to busy to split out the one I sent originaly from my other certs and it is easier to get me to resubmit it as a standalone document. I keep you posted when and if i get a confirmation that they accept it.

yeh thats a good idea actually, i only uloaded the first page, so i'll do it again and see how it goes

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

hello

ive read a few posts about police checks and traffic history reports from different countries so i though id give an update on my application so far as it may be handy to some people

im from the north, however i hold an irish passport. ive also lived in australia for 2 years and new zealand for 1 year. bear in mind that i stated on my CV that i worked in queensland for 5 months, however, not in victoria

i got my police check from the uk body, as i live in NI, and ive never lived down south, i got my police certificate from oz, but not the traffic report, as i didnt believe myself to be a resident in queensland as it was less than 6 months, and i also filled in the disclosure of information form for the NZ police check. i uploaded all these docs to one file and attached it, and submiited my CIC application on the 15th Feb

Today i received an email from them requesting the following:

Dear *********,
    This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:
    ************ - ************:
    > Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Please provide a police clearance certificate from New Zealand and Australia. For the Australian certificate please provide one with a Traffic History Report. E-mail question@cic.gc.ca if you have any technical difficulties submitting. This must be received at this office by: 04/20/2013

so anyone applying from NI are good to use the UK police service, http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

ive emailed back, saying i didnt believe i needed the traffic report as i wasnt a resident in queensland (less than 6 months), and I never held an OZ license anyway, during my 2 years there, and also advising i sent the NZ disclosure of information form as advised to do, and im not sure what else i need to provide. so im waiting for an update regarding this and I'll post it

I also received a Vic roads letter recently saying I had no convictions. I emailed them in Decemeber asking for this (i read a few posts about this on this board, so i thought why not?) and it has just arrived. I asked for this as I spent a bit of time there and it was free. The queensland one is $20 AUS. so i might just upload this and see if it will suffice,as the request states I need one traffic history report, and doesnt specify which state. i might apply for the queensland one though, just incase they ask for it, which they probably will

anyway, long post, but hopefully it can provide some answers to people, and I'll update if i hear anything back

good luck

Hey mate,

I read your post there and have a quick question. I was in Oz for 18 months and I am currently waiting on a Police cert. Do you only need traffic clearance depending what state you were in?? I didnt drive over there but you only need an Irish licence to drive.

EDIT: How did they know what states you were in?

EDIT AGAIN HA. I see you put it on your CV.

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Hey mate,

I read your post there and have a quick question. I was in Oz for 18 months and I am currently waiting on a Police cert. Do you only need traffic clearance pending what state you were in?? I didnt drive over there but you only need an Irish licence to drive.

EDIT: How did they know what states you were in?

EDIT AGAIN HA. I see you put it on your CV.

if you lived in Victoria or Queensland then you need a traffic history report. i didnt have a license at all and didnt drive so i need the report to prove that

i thought that because i didnt actually live there, ie. not a resident, and less than 6 months in queensland/victoria i didnt need it, but it seems as though i do

and yeh im assuming they know due to the CV

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

if you lived in Victoria or Queensland then you need a traffic history report. i didnt have a license at all and didnt drive so i need the report to prove that

i thought that because i didnt actually live there, ie. not a resident, and less than 6 months in queensland/victoria i didnt need it, but it seems as though i do

and yeh im assuming they know due to the CV

Cool. So If I say I was living in Sydney and Perth I should be sound and wont need one?

Application sent, now the waiting game!!!

• Advertisement

johnnyc67 wrote: »
    Cool. So If I say I was living in Sydney and Perth I should be sound and wont need one?

yeh i would imagine that to be the case. it specifically states those 2 states, dunno why, but you should be fine

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement