Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Oh if i got that far i wouldnt mind. it keeps bringing me to a page and says that i need to update my adobe. i tried first on chrome, them Firefox and now using Windows. hopefully this works

for me it didn't open in the web browser that's why I downloaded and saved to computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

fifi2008 wrote: »
    We're both the same date too. Not going til early June so the longer the wait the more time we get. Don't care though once we get it!!! Pity it doesn't go on entry date anymore

Really?? Its 2 years from the date you get your LOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Hello Mr.H,

i think everything is slowing down majorly now. can hardly get online

ha brillant tommyombomb

sully2010 wrote: »
    Really?? Its 2 years from the date you get your LOI?

I thought it started at port of entry would make sense as you get visa when you are there. Maybe they are referring to the expiration date on LOI, doesn't make sense to me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Ya that's what Aliana said that it was 2 years from date of LOI letter, which is now POE or something.
    @JustRoss23; we can't go til June so if it goes by letter and we get it next week then we have til early March 2015, or 4 more wks wait and we'd have til the April...get me? We'd get to use more of the 2 years like
    Cheers DodoByrne u too :-)

• Advertisement

Ya that's what Aliana said that it was 2 years from date of LOI letter, which is now POE or something.
    @JustRoss23; we can't go til June so if it goes by letter and we get it next week then we have til early March 2015, or 4 more wks wait and we'd have til the April...get me? We'd get to use more of the 2 years like

we still get 24 months when we land in Canada until visa finishes correct?

That would make absolutely no sense at all, whos gonna be ready to go to Canada straight away so off the bat you are losing time on your visa, I mean by the time I'm ready to go and set up in a job over there it could be another 6 months.

I hope it was misread. Can anyone with their LOI's/POE's confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

I thought ya get your visa when you enter Canada and thats when the 2 years kick in. Nearly sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mca2013

hey guys, did you just print off and sign your imm forms and scan them on?
    also, re. the canadian police check, how do we get that? i lived in canada already so i am assuming they will ask for it, no idea how to go about getting it with finger printing etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

sully2010 wrote: »
    That would make absolutely no sense at all, whos gonna be ready to go to Canada straight away so off the bat you are losing time on your visa, I mean by the time I'm ready to go and set up in a job over there it could be another 6 months.

I hope it was misread. Can anyone with their LOI's/POE's confirm this?

I haven't got mine yet but it's when you receive your POE you have an expiration date on that, if you enter the country before your expiration date ends then, your 2 year visa will start as soon as you enter the country,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea some of the posters have it wrong your visa does not start till you enter the country.:D:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea some of the posters have it wrong your visa does not start till you enter the country.:D:D

correct no need in confusing people more.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

So, Where's everyone thinking of heading to? I think myself and the GF are starting in Toronto (got a cousin over there) and seeing how we go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

its as simply as that:D

Well thank fooook for that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Ireland isnt part of the listed countries so ignore that form
    Thanks man, I was thinking that, just wanted to be double sure. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

i'm sure this was covered already, but it's impossible to find anything in this!
    on the IMM12953 it asks to for your "given name" as it may be on my passport. Would that include your middle name, it's on my passport but i never use it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭wyliecoyote1

just a quick question about the digital phot that has to be uploaded, i know its probably been answered before but it will take ages to find any info on it!!
    just wondering about the criteria for it , i.e has to be a certain size and quality!
    would a normal driving license picture suffice? cos i have 4 of them that i got when getting my driving license!

Aliana wrote: »
    Got the two LOI's (now called POE Introduction Letters) for the two applications I put in. Both are dated February 13th, one is valid until Feb 7th 2015, the other Feb 10th 2015. Submitted them both on Feb 7th. Filled out the 5707 family form.

That's the quote I was talking about. U won't get 2 years to enter...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

That's the quote I was talking about. U won't get 2 years to enter...

i think the guy was saying that the LOI/POE is valid until 2015. the LOI/POE is not a visa. your visa is given to you by an immigration officer when you enter canada. you need to bring your LOI/POE with you to present to the immigration officer as proof that you are permitted to have a working visa.

still....2 years does seem like a long time before having to validate your visa. last year you didn't have to enter canada for up to 1 year after receiving your LOI. i thought it was the same this year. having to use it straight away in order to get exactly 2 years in the country doesn't make a lot of sense. this is my understanding anyway.

• Advertisement

I, obviously don't know, that's why I'm putting it out there and there's no confusing people...everyone should be aware of all the eventualities and not get a nasty surprise when they land at the airport.

Every other year, your LOI allowed one year to enter/ activate and your Work Permit was valid for one year from that date.

Aliana was saying that the validity of the work permit was akin to the validity of the LOI or new POE. Again, with wording it seems unclear but 2 years to activate cannot be right or the quota next year and maximum permit numbers allowed wouldn't be granted access.

Again, I'm just putting it out there as some people think its rosy and straight forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nmafox

Would really appreciate if someone could help. Have searched the help page and all my docs. I have no record of my Work Permit File number. Does anyone know where this is found?

nmafox wrote: »
    Would really appreciate if someone could help. Have searched the help page and all my docs. I have no record of my Work Permit File number. Does anyone know where this is found?

According to previous posts the CIC file number comes through once you submit the app... It's really misleading cos on the IEC it says you get it when you initiate the application grr this prcoess :rolleyes:

Thanks for getting back to me. Does that mean that you get the number when they review and accept your permit application or just when you submit it? I got a letter with a personal Identification number but the system wont accept it

By the way, regarding the time frame we have in which to activate the visa, quote from the FAQs on IEC:
    Your Letter of Introduction is valid for presentation at a Canadian port of entry for one year from the date of issue

Thanks for getting back to me. Does that mean that you get the number when they review and accept your permit application or just when you submit it? I got a letter with a personal Identification number but the system wont accept it

Is it a code starting with W? I haven't received mine yet, have only just submitted the app on CIC an hour or so ago...

Nope the one I have is just a number. Sorry

Nope the one I have is just a number. Sorry

It should have a W I think, you'll get an email once you've filled in the IMM forms etc. on CIC and submitted, and the email will say you've got a message in your CIC. In the title of the email as well as at the top of the message in your CIC account there'll be the W number which I think is the one they're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

mca2013 wrote: »
    It should have a W I think, you'll get an email once you've filled in the IMM forms etc. on CIC and submitted, and the email will say you've got a message in your CIC. In the title of the email as well as at the top of the message in your CIC account there'll be the W number which I think is the one they're looking for.

correct!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 REXY2020

Has anyone been to the Go4Less Seminars about stage 2? Are they worth attending? and if so what do I need to bring? Thanks for your help !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement