Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

REXY2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone been to the Go4Less Seminars about stage 2? Are they worth attending? and if so what do I need to bring? Thanks for your help !
    are they free, if not i wouldnt be bothered with it, they got 75 yoyo's earlier out of me for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,456 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Finally began the next stage, slowly slowly getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Surfn wrote: »
    are they free, if not i wouldnt be bothered with it, they got 75 yoyo's earlier out of me for nothing
    They free if you paid €75.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Aliana was saying that the validity of the work permit was akin to the validity of the LOI or new POE. Again, with wording it seems unclear but 2 years to activate cannot be right or the quota next year and maximum permit numbers allowed wouldn't be granted access.

Still on the IEC faq page.

My IEC application has been approved, but I will soon turn 36. Do I have to enter Canada before my birthday? Will my birthday limit the validity of my work permit?

No to both questions. Your Letter of Introduction is valid for presentation at a Canadian port of entry for one year from the date of issue and is not affected if you turn 36 within its validity period.

Has anyone else who has received their LOI with a similar permit validity date?

Could someone ask this question on the facebook page? I'm not a facebook user so can't myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Arrghhhh!!!! First of all my 1295 won't upload as it says there are invalid entries, and now I can't save 5707. It says it will only let me save a blank copy, and won't let me save if I write stuff onto it.

I've double checked my 1295 and can't see what is causing the problem.

Why is this so difficult???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Arrghhhh!!!! First of all my 1295 won't upload as it says there are invalid entries, and now I can't save 5707. It says it will only let me save a blank copy, and won't let me save if I write stuff onto it.

I've double checked my 1295 and can't see what is causing the problem.

Why is this so difficult???

fill out the 5707 and print out and sign, scan to pdf and upload, you know how to fill out the form correctly?,

the 1295 with invalid entries you may have fill out a box which doesn't need to filled as I did with regard to Canadian employer i left part 3 of this section blank and it uploaded ok ie province, city/town and address.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Aliana wrote: »
    Still on the IEC faq page.

My IEC application has been approved, but I will soon turn 36. Do I have to enter Canada before my birthday? Will my birthday limit the validity of my work permit?

No to both questions. Your Letter of Introduction is valid for presentation at a Canadian port of entry for one year from the date of issue and is not affected if you turn 36 within its validity period.

Has anyone else who has received their LOI with a similar permit validity date?

Could someone ask this question on the facebook page? I'm not a facebook user so can't myself.

Looking at the attached file you are right... its valid for 2 years. So you can enter canada anytime before that validity date... 2 years, mental.
    Even if its a misprint it is what it is... valid til 10th feb 2015!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Don't forget to post your timelines here lads/ladies. Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Hey guys, just submitted my photo there, all i did was crop it to fit my head and just uploaded it. The photo uploaded fine with no issues, is it meant to be a certain size or what because the size of the photo is fairly big, and I could not find the size they were looking for.

eoino90 wrote: »
    Hey guys, just submitted my photo there, all i did was crop it to fit my head and just uploaded it. The photo uploaded fine with no issues, is it meant to be a certain size or what because the size of the photo is fairly big, and I could not find the size they were looking for.

These specs I got by doing a search of this thread;

Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:
    If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
    The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:
    The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    These specs I got by doing a search of this thread;

Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:
    If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
    The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:
    The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras
    Sh1t, the dimensions for mine are way off that (pixel wise) i suppose of the CIC have an issue with it they'll get back to me and I can just upload one with the correct dimensions yes? thanks btw.

eoino90 wrote: »
    Sh1t, the dimensions for mine are way off that (pixel wise) i suppose of the CIC have an issue with it they'll get back to me and I can just upload one with the correct dimensions yes? thanks btw.

that is the physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540 so if yours is bigger in terms of pixels that is ok and it must also adhere to the other specifications for the photo.

try this if needed;
    http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select single photo from print size and so on.

gary27 wrote: »
    that is the physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540 so if yours is bigger in terms of pixels that is ok and it must also adhere to the other specifications for the photo.

try this if needed;
    http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select single photo from print size and so on.
    Nice one man, my photo is literally like an enlarged passport photo, took it with my buddies camera. i'll use that site anyway sure and hope to god this doesn't disqualify me for the work permit:(, thanks again:).

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

Does anyone know if there is a company that will actually put the application together for me apart from CityVisas, i already lost E450 to them? i just cant seem to get it to work for me at all. Ive been following everyones notes on here and it just not working out. On the verge on giving up now . Please Help

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Lisa1992 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a company that will actually put the application together for me apart from CityVisas, i already lost E450 to them? i just cant seem to get it to work for me at all. Ive been following everyones notes on here and it just not working out. On the verge on giving up now . Please Help

hey Lisa1992, what stage are you on and what are you having trouble with??

Ill try my best to help ya if you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lisa1992

On stage 2, ive filled out both of the forms and neither of them will upload, neither will my police cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

i sent you a private mail there :)
    rather than adding more to this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Technobod

Hi I was wondering was amyone having trouble uploading documents into my cic?Its telling me that access is forbiddeen to upload my IEC conditional letter???WHAT THE F**K:mad:

Technobod wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering was amyone having trouble uploading documents into my cic?Its telling me that access is forbiddeen to upload my IEC conditional letter???WHAT THE F**K:mad:

was it running slow when uploading form? may be too many on site and it crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Access forbidden is a server side error. That's not your problem, just wait until they sort it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Technobod

COOL THANKS :)ITS JUST ANNOYING WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE A COUPLE OF THINGS LEFT TO DO

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

If you get the error don't hit the back button and try again. Go back to the MyCIC log in page and log in again. When I got this before it was because the session had timed out. Logging back in again fixed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

did anyone get there loi this week ? sent my stuff 2 weeks ago and not a thing since:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    did anyone get there loi this week ? sent my stuff 2 weeks ago and not a thing since:D

I'm a day behind you JustRoss... same boat. Checking everyday to no avail. but everyday i check and theres no requested extra info is good too.... on a forced positive note :D

ha yea that's true i checked this morning and taught today will be the day i book the flights but sigh nothing yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

JustRoss23 wrote: »

Sent mine on the 7th and not a peep from CIC since then. Every time I hear an email on my phone I get excited. Been a let down every time so far! Haha :D

ah its good to hear i am not the only one in the same boat soo it sucks for use that want to go asap if i was not going for a few months would not bother me atal :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Sent mine on the 7th and not a peep from CIC since then. Every time I hear an email on my phone I get excited. Been a let down every time so far! Haha :D

Ha ha I'm the same got mine in on the 9th and still no word, every email I here coming threw I think this is it but still nout, hopefully be soon but I want to be over there for paddys day at the latest

beejezus i was thinking the between the 10th-16th and i taught i was pushing but paddy's day fair play:D..did you book a flight yet where ya heading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Going to Regina lad, have 2 job offers and a bedroom already lined up if I get the so want to be out there ASAP, how about you wer r u heading to

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement