Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

haha some going lad:D.. going calgary mate see whats up there for a while might head up north to yelloknife or somewhere after that:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Brilliant I defs want to head that way at some point but 1st thing 1st for me is to stay in Saskatchewan and get my residency sorted, spent 2 long ****in about in oz already ha ha residences the number 1 priority now, I depressed being stuck back here in Ireland and I'm only here 3months lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

Liam O wrote: »
    In the come to canada questionnaire thing there's a question "Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?" I'm unsure what this means. Is Ireland one of these countries?

This question has thrown a few people it seems. Are the 'designated' countries the ones marked 'yes' in the medical requirement column?

The question regarding country of residence; If you are already in Canada but not yet a permanent Resident is Ireland the answer to this question?
    Thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

think i might have done something wrong along the way... I submitted my application to cic today and got a message back to my account saying your application for temporary residence has been accepted bla bla bla... then there is an eligiblity assesment appearing which is asking more questions... did anybody else get this???

its also asking questions about changing schools!!?? WTF??

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

del777 wrote: »
    think i might have done something wrong along the way... I submitted my application to cic today and got a message back to my account saying your application for temporary residence has been accepted bla bla bla... then there is an eligiblity assesment appearing which is asking more questions... did anybody else get this???

did you select something along the way in the application process that may have brought that up? ie in the come to canada wizard or in the 1295 form which asks which visa you are applying for.

• Advertisement

I dont know at this stage... I defo didnt pick anything about studying or school or anything like that??

I know on the IM1295 I selected the IEC Working Holiday...

I dont know at this stage... I defo didnt pick anything about studying or school or anything like that??

I know on the IM1295 I selected the IEC Working Holiday...

yeah at this stage you can't check once submitted, maybe have a go at the come to canada wizard and tick the box which may bring up something like they are requesting and the visa. At least then you can rule that out or you may have made a mistake there, but it does sound strange to me.

@del777: check your mail :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PureFiji

it sounds like we did the same mistake!

Where are you from? Are you already with another IEC visa in Canada?

Ah think I got it sorted :) clicked on something I shouldnt have!! Im in Ireland at the moment... first time applying to IEC

• Advertisement

Is anybody out there, who is already with another IEC Visa in Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Originally Posted by del777 View Post

You didn't click on this did you? You don't do this unless you want to do what is described below.

OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification

That appears in your MyCIC account once you've submitted an application.
    Request an Eligibility Verification Number or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification

This link will direct you to the Eligibility Verification Request.

Request an Eligibility Verification Number

An electronic verification number is required to apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit (OCWP). Complete this request if:
    • you are inside Canada; and
    • you need to obtain verification of your academic eligibility for the OCWP Program.
    Transfer of Eligibility Verification

You may request a Transfer of Eligibility Verification only if all of the following apply to you:
    • You already have an OCWP; and
    • You are changing or have changed schools.

Ah think I got it sorted :) clicked on something I shouldnt have!! Im in Ireland at the moment... first time applying to IEC

ok, to be honest... I don't know!!!!

Hi EvilDead13... that's exactly what I did coz I thought it was something I had to fill out but then I saw I could delete it and now all is good again :) Freak attack over.. for a moment I thought I had applied for the wrong visa or something! ;)
    typical example of rushing into things and not reading instructions beforehand! My bad..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

Bd84 wrote: »
    Brilliant I defs want to head that way at some point but 1st thing 1st for me is to stay in Saskatchewan and get my residency sorted, spent 2 long ****in about in oz already ha ha residences the number 1 priority now, I depressed being stuck back here in Ireland and I'm only here 3months lol

Wish CIC would hurry up and give us all some closure on this saga, Get away from this depressing hole of a Country for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Ballybreen wrote: »
    Wish CIC would hurry up and give us all some closure on this saga, Get away from this depressing hole of a Country for a few years

Couldn't have said it better myself lol when you looking to head and wer

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

Bd84 wrote: »
    Couldn't have said it better myself lol when you looking to head and wer

Calgary I think, I made a few enquiries about jobs in Alberta so planning to base myself in Calgary to begin with, see how it goes. I'd like to get away around April

seems fecking everyone is heading to calgary:( haha

JustRoss23 wrote: »

yeah everyone will be there :D, with a population of over a million in calgary I say we wouldn't be able to spot the irish person unless their wearing a gaa jersey :D.

Ballybreen wrote: »
    Calgary I think, I made a few enquiries about jobs in Alberta so planning to base myself in Calgary to begin with, see how it goes. I'd like to get away around April

What are you hoping to do over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

JustRoss23 wrote: »

Calgary will be the new Perth. Irish everywhere :D

yea i no not good:(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Calgary will be the new Perth. Irish everywhere :D

Nooooooooooooooooooo

yeaaaaaaaa we deffo dont want that:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

Someone is saying my 1295 won't upload because I haven't signed it? it isn't giving me the option to sign it though?

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Someone is saying my 1295 won't upload because I haven't signed it? it isn't giving me the option to sign it though?

you don't sign that form, just validate it and upload that.

make sure to save the form after validating before upload.

gary27 wrote: »
    you don't sign that form, just validate it and upload that.

make sure to save the form after validating before upload.

I've tried it but it still won't upload!

I've tried it but it still won't upload!

ok maybe try selecting the date beside the signature, also what is it saying when you try to upload it.

gary27 wrote: »
    ok maybe try selecting the date beside the signature, also what is it saying when you try to upload it.

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

• Advertisement

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

ok go through your document as you either not completed it fully or enter in data that wasn't need, I found it was the employer section was causing me invalid entires;

i put unknown in name of employer and in address, left blank the intended location part, put unknown in job title and brief description part,
    put in realistic date and duration of employment.

possibly try leaving sections blank if they don't apply to you the n/a may be causing invalid entries problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement