Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

for anyone else who is struggling with the digital image piece...

I tried a few pharmacys and finally found one who understood what I was talking about.. or so I thought. Boy was I wrong.

So I figured out i'm better doing it myself.
    I got a passport photo and using some basing scanning software, I amended the length and width as mentioned in the spec and up'd the DPI to as high as possible.
    placed the photo in the corner of the scanner and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 brunettechick

Tiddlers wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. Of course it feels good to get a head start on things but I'm more comfortable waiting for the real instructions to be released before I do anything!

I also agree! its madness uploading documents and filling in forms for something which isn't even open yet! It will ultimately be more difficult to recheck these forms in case there is any variation on questions in official forms when the IEC is opened!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Ya know this question....

Do you plan to work in one of the following categories?

Athletes and coaches
    Aviation accident or incident investigators
    Business visitors
    Civil aviation inspectors
    Clergy
    Convention organizers
    Crew members
    Emergency service providers
    Examiners and evaluators
    Expert witnesses or investigators
    Family members of foreign representatives
    Foreign government officers
    Foreign representatives
    Health-care students
    Judges, referees and similar officials
    Military personnel
    News reporters, film and media crews
    Performing artists
    Public speakers

why exactly are they asking it?? I am hoping to get an internship as a reporter (all my work experience currently is in architecture though) but I'm afraid if I answer yes they'll make me get a medical or something.........

EDIT: or maybe is it just if I was from RTE looking to work there... as opposed to working for a canadian station... gaaaah!!

These are all jobs that either require a special category of via or none at all. The reporter does not apply to you unless you are coming to Canada to cover a news story.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

These are all jobs that either require a special category of via or none at all. The reporter does not apply to you unless you are coming to Canada to cover a news story.

That's what I thought after reading it a few times. I said no anyways! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

I also agree! its madness uploading documents and filling in forms for something which isn't even open yet! It will ultimately be more difficult to recheck these forms in case there is any variation on questions in official forms when the IEC is opened!

Agreed. I registered with the site but after that, the waiting game.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Agreed. I registered with the site but after that, the waiting game.....

wouldnt be uploading IMM 1295 or IMM5707 ,but theres no harm in uploading the likes of police cert,passport etc. Anything that is uploaded can be modified.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Hey, where would you recommend for that? A pharmacy? Where did you get yours done if you don't mind my asking?

Many thanks

i got them done in a pharmacy, i expland the sizes i needed and the lad assured me they were correct, i checked them when i got home and what do you know, they arent correct! ive been to 3 computer shops this morning and none of them could or wanted to help me...thanks very much!!!

for anyone else who is struggling with the digital image piece...

I tried a few pharmacys and finally found one who understood what I was talking about.. or so I thought. Boy was I wrong.

So I figured out i'm better doing it myself.
    I got a passport photo and using some basing scanning software, I amended the length and width as mentioned in the spec and up'd the DPI to as high as possible.
    placed the photo in the corner of the scanner and it worked a treat.

hey, you might be able to help me, i have the image on a memory stick, how would i go about editing the sizes and dpi myself? nobody can seem to help me or want to help me, ive been to several shops this morning about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Totally agree. Firstly, the format is new this year so everyone is just guessing (and getting in a flap). Secondly, of the official information released, there is a part one and part two. You are advised to fill in part 1 first - not open yet. What if details change for part 2, it is a different process this year so it is possible. Anyway, ultimately part 1 (visa) must be complete to complete part 2 (work permit). I imagine completing part 2 when you know you have your visa (and so maybe relax a little) would be more sensible. Just sharing my opinion, obv others view it differently.

hey, you might be able to help me, i have the image on a memory stick, how would i go about editing the sizes and dpi myself? nobody can seem to help me or want to help me, ive been to several shops this morning about it.

photoshop, open image, select image tap in top left hand corner, then image size,this will allow you to edit the size of your pic:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm off into the photo shop in a while to see if they can get some images to USB....

archicraft wrote: »
    photoshop, open image, select image tap in top left hand corner, then image size,this will allow you to edit the size of your pic:)

thanks mate. i dont have photoshop on my computer though? sorry im a bit clueless about technology

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

According to Cathy Murphy in Candaian Immigration i Toronto, she said dont fillout anything, new applications havent been loaded yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

I am trying to get this CIC account set up, and they have now asked me to provide a 'Client Identification Number'

I did apply to the IEC last year(and got rejected, but thats a story for another day), and I do have a World Tracking Number, but I cant seem to find a Client ID

Does anyone know what to do? Or should I just go to a country that is easier to get into? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

Hi guys, is there any other Irish people applying from the UK? How do we get garda checks sorted from here or can anyone go in pick one up and fill it in for you? Also, do people who have traveled elsewhere ie. NZ in the past 5 years need to have police checks from these countries when applying too?? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭iamthe43

Ok, change of plan. I am going to wait until the programme is open and just do it all in one day.

Rant; It is so difficult to navigate through the Canadian visa application process, that eventually I will loose heart and just decide to go somewhere else. Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Out of curiosity does anyone have any idea what the period of time is to apply for the IEC? For instance will they stop taking appllications after a day/ week/ etc? It just seems like everyone is getting everything ready to get it off straight away! Or is it a first come first serve basis?

iamthe43 wrote: »
    I am trying to get this CIC account set up, and they have now asked me to provide a 'Client Identification Number'

I did apply to the IEC last year(and got rejected, but thats a story for another day), and I do have a World Tracking Number, but I cant seem to find a Client ID

Does anyone know what to do? Or should I just go to a country that is easier to get into? :)

I didnt even know what the CIC account was until i read your message so thanks for that! From what I can make of it you only need the Client Identification Number if you have applied for a canadian visa before!

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity does anyone have any idea what the period of time is to apply for the IEC? For instance will they stop taking appllications after a day/ week/ etc? It just seems like everyone is getting everything ready to get it off straight away! Or is it a first come first serve basis?

When it reaches its quota

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no you need to fill out the come to canada questionnaire before you apply for the MY CIC!!

• Advertisement

archicraft wrote: »
    When it reaches its quota

OK does anyone know...from previous years...how quick it fills up?

Ehm it was the end of may but i would say it will be much quicker this year as there's a lot of people from oz even applying plus the majority of people in canada will be applying aswell as most wont want to go home:) i would say april if not sooner:)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Ehm it was the end of may but i would say it will be much quicker this year as there's a lot of people from oz even applying plus the majority of people in canada will be applying aswell as most wont want to go home:) i would say april if not sooner:)

A lot of people in Canada are relying on the second iec to stay in Canda so will fill up really fast, prob March but who knows really sooner the application is in the better I think

Cheers, you seem to have this whole canada thing well sussed out :-).

Plan to have it sent away as soon as it comes out but just that i,'d check!

Ha i dont no about that:-).. when ya hopeing to go? yea same as myself send straight away all going well. hopefully hitting calgary wbu?

Ha i dont no about that:-).. when ya hopeing to go? yea same as myself send straight away all going well. hopefully hitting calgary wbu?

Won't be going till the summer, thinking about Calgary too, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WillPainter

iamthe43 wrote: »

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=012&t=4

the MY CIC is the one you get through on GC KEY login right?

yea that's it mate. you nee to fill out that come to canada questionnaire thing first as that gives you a personal identification number which is needed for the my cic login. although some people were able to register without it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I got a little worried watching yas all streak ahead, I'm sticking to my guns and gonna get it started when the time comes, gonna organise stuff for uploading but that's it.

Not a bother.

Anyone know what the quota is this year I heard its larger

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement