Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

gary27 wrote: »
    ok go through your document as you either not completed it fully or enter in data that wasn't need, I found it was the employer section was causing me invalid entires;

i put unknown in name of employer and in address, left blank the intended location part, put unknown in job title and brief description part,
    put in realistic date and duration of employment.

possibly try leaving sections blank if they don't apply to you the n/a may be causing invalid entries problems.

Oh my god, you are a genius!!!!!

I had an extra unknown in.

I think I love you xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Oh my god, you are a genius!!!!!

I had an extra unknown in.

I think I love you xxxxxx

I don't know what to say but thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 spal87

I've just realised I've uploaded the photo wrong, basically everything about it is wrong it's in black and white and saved and uploaded as a pdf. For some unknown reason i paid absolutely no attention to what was required for the photo spec.
    I've already submitted all the forms on the 15th and then realised this last night, as far as i know i can't modify it now ? would this be grounds for refusal or would i be asked to upload the right file when my application comes up for decision

spal87 wrote: »
    I've just realised I've uploaded the photo wrong, basically everything about it is wrong it's in black and white and saved and uploaded as a pdf. For some unknown reason i paid absolutely no attention to what was required for the photo spec.
    I've already submitted all the forms on the 15th and then realised this last night, as far as i know i can't modify it now ? would this be grounds for refusal or would i be asked to upload the right file when my application comes up for decision

they will probably ask you for another photo, I'm not sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

spal87 wrote: »

Honestly, I'd imagine we'll get the chance to fixwhatever needs to be corrected. The majority of us will more than likely mess up something to some degree. To turf out an application soley on the basis of something like a photo not meeting their criteria would be very very harsh , not to mention something which would cause them a whole lot of unnecessary hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

hey anyone getting a message when they try uploading that form imm1295e???my friend is getting the following message:

We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

What are you hoping to do over there?

Rope access Technician, there's a company based up at fort mcmurray who have jobs going for rope access technicians carry out maintenance up at the oil sands but they also have an office in Calgary so I'd rather base myself in a big city, plus I hear fort Mcmurray is a bit crazy and to expensive to rent digs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

are you a skilled technician already or is it a starter position your going for ? do you no how i would go from an electrician to a rope access electrician? obviously a rope is the difference:p but what training would be involved?:D

This would be for after i challenge the red seal and exam and hopefully get the journeyman cert i was thinking about geting into rope access these boys make a killing they really do:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

What the hell is rope access?!?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_access

Serious and i mean serious money to be made.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing you haven't heard anything yet either?

Interesting job :D

not so much interesting its just where the mullas at..

Nah not a thing you?:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    are you a skilled technician already or is it a starter position your going for ? do you no how i would go from an electrician to a rope access electrician? obviously a rope is the difference:p but what training would be involved?:D

This would be for after i challenge the red seal and exam and hopefully get the journeyman cert i was thinking about geting into rope access these boys make a killing they really do:D

Just get your level 1 rope access training, 5 day course with assessment final day of the week. If you're fit you'll fly through it. I'm only level 1 myself with NDT (non destructive testing) certs. I'm sure once you show you're a qualified spark over there you should be good to go. Most of the techs with with electrician background go into instrumentation on oil refineries. But there's always a wiring to carried out as well am sure.

yea mate cheers do you do that leval 1 in ireland or over there?:D NDT is a sweet job:D.. yea mate i had hoped to get in to maybe plcs just trying to keep all options open:D

not so much interesting its just where the mullas at..

Nah not a thing you?:D

Not a dicky bird have I heard. All them lucky so and so's who heard a week in and now nothing :(

yea and some of them are not going for ages there's no rush in hearing if your not going for a few months:D but sure i suppose we will hear when there ready:D

yea mate cheers do you do that leval 1 in ireland or over there?:D NDT is a sweet job:D.. yea mate i had hoped to get in to maybe plcs just trying to keep all options open:D

I done my level one fermanagh, lad from Dublin running the course with his crew. Sound group and they'll work with to you make sure you pass. Final day an assessor came from England so you're on your own that day but he gives you plenty warning as to what will fail you. Think there's another training course started up in Donegal for offshore. But to be honest the lads in Fermanagh know their stuff. IRATA issue the certs here. In Canada you can get an IRATA certification(which is international) or SPRAT which is the north american equivalent. Depends which company you go to in Canada as what certification you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 izzykov21

Got WTN on 18th Feb, payment verified on 19th and my Acceptance Letter yesterday 22nd:) going smoothly so far, submitted my application this morning,I hope I've filled them out correctly :) LOI please come fast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I got my submission confirmation on myCIC on Febuary the 8th. How long does it usually take them to get back to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

TheChief36 wrote: »
    I got my submission confirmation on myCIC on Febuary the 8th. How long does it usually take them to get back to you?

there is no "usually". we're all in the same clueless boat. Just be patient and it'll come when it comes. Goodluck, hope you get it soon.... I sent mine on the 9th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Okay, just worried that it was unusual. Fret fret.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Gah. Need to get the photo. Have had a ****ty week and not been able to do anything for this the last 4 days. Still, just have to fill out + print/scan family form and the photo and I'll be fine.

Hoping to have the Acceptance by the start of May, that'd suit me perfectly. Before would work, but I figure march/april is 2 months and doesn't sound unreasonable, at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

Is anyone else confused by the cic 'eligibility questionnaire'?

questions like;

* 'Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?'
    I've been told than i can apply for permanent residency but haven't applied yet. Do i still answer yes to this?

* Which situation best describes your work situation?
    The two possible answers i can see to this are;
    'I'm working under an international agreement' or
    'I'm eligible for a work permit through an active pilot project'

* Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?
    I'm am currently working for a Canadian employer. Do i need this Declaration form to proceed with a second IEC visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Joe Louis wrote: »
    Is anyone else confused by the cic 'eligibility questionnaire'?

questions like;

* 'Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?'
    I've been told than i can apply for permanent residency but haven't applied yet. Do i still answer yes to this?

* Which situation best describes your work situation?
    The two possible answers i can see to this are;
    'I'm working under an international agreement' or
    'I'm eligible for a work permit through an active pilot project'

* Do you have an Employer Declaration Form from your employer?
    I'm am currently working for a Canadian employer. Do i need this Declaration form to proceed with a second IEC visa?

I've submitted my application and I have no idea what you're talking about! I didnt have to answer questions like that. The only thing i can think of is youre filling the wrong questionaire. It's called a come to canada questionnaire not an eligibility questionnaire. What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Okay, just worried that it was unusual. Fret fret.

Don't worry chief there's another 6000 odd people in the same boat as you lol. I got mine in the 9th and I hope to book a flight for next week its definatly frustrating price of flights going up every day

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

Lima Golf wrote: »
    I've submitted my application and I have no idea what you're talking about! I didnt have to answer questions like that. The only thing i can think of is youre filling the wrong questionaire. It's called a come to canada questionnaire not an eligibility questionnaire. What stage are you at?

Yeah its the 'come to canada' questionnaire that I'm on. The questionnaire changes depending on the answers you give. Your answers may not necessarily be the same as mine. Are you applying for your first or second IEC visa Lima Golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Joe Louis wrote: »

Yeah its the 'come to canada' questionnaire that I'm on. The questionnaire changes depending on the answers you give. Your answers may not necessarily be the same as mine. Are you applying for your first or second IEC visa Lima Golf?

Ok. This is my first time applying. If its your second iec ill leave it someone else in the same boat to offer advice :)

Finally submitted it all. Phew..... Now the long wait!

Is it unrealistic to aim to be out there by the end of April?

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Finally submitted it all. Phew..... Now the long wait!

Is it unrealistic to aim to be out there by the end of April?

its quite possible, a lot people on here are wanting to go by then

• Advertisement

its quite possible, a lot people on here are wanting to go by then

I have a flat to rent out, and a car to sell.... eeek!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement