Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

HI I HAVE JUST REALISED THAT I HAVE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE AND WONDERING IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO PREVENT MY APPLICATION BEING RETURNED:
    ON THE FAMILY FORM FOR MY HUSBANDS APPLICATION - I DIDNT COMPLETE ALL THE DETAILS NEEDED, I LEFT OUT ADDRESSES FOR EVERYONE AND JUST FILLED IN OCCUPATIONS!
    I HAVE JUST NOTICED THIS WHEN I WENT TO DO MY OWN FORM.
    I HAVE SUBMITTED HIS FORM NOW - SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT ITS TOO LATE AND HE WILL BE DECLINED?
    OR SHOULD I SEND THE CORRECT FAMILY FORM SOMEWHERE?
    i ACTUALLY FEEL SICK AND VERY STUPID AS EVERYTHING IS RIDING ON US GETTING OUR VISAS
    ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HUGELY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

DeniseDee wrote: »
    I have a flat to rent out, and a car to sell.... eeek!!!

I'm sure you'll get them sorted, I have only a car to sell but I say a flat would be easier to sort out first I reckon.

Lmnover wrote: »
    HI I HAVE JUST REALISED THAT I HAVE MADE A HORRIBLE MISTAKE AND WONDERING IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO PREVENT MY APPLICATION BEING RETURNED:
    ON THE FAMILY FORM FOR MY HUSBANDS APPLICATION - I DIDNT COMPLETE ALL THE DETAILS NEEDED, I LEFT OUT ADDRESSES FOR EVERYONE AND JUST FILLED IN OCCUPATIONS!
    I HAVE JUST NOTICED THIS WHEN I WENT TO DO MY OWN FORM.
    I HAVE SUBMITTED HIS FORM NOW - SO DOES THAT MEAN THAT ITS TOO LATE AND HE WILL BE DECLINED?
    OR SHOULD I SEND THE CORRECT FAMILY FORM SOMEWHERE?
    i ACTUALLY FEEL SICK AND VERY STUPID AS EVERYTHING IS RIDING ON US GETTING OUR VISAS
    ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HUGELY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Someone else on here was asked to submit another family form as theirs was missing stuff, I'm sure they will ask you to resubmit the form, can't see why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

gary27 wrote: »
    Someone else on here was asked to submit another family form as theirs was missing stuff, I'm sure they will ask you to resubmit the form, can't see why not.

thanks for that gary but it does say in the notes that you have to certify all information is complete - how stupid i am!!

I wonder should i try to send them a message through the kompass account with the corrected form

I am sitting here feeling physically sick!

Lmnover wrote: »
    thanks for that gary but it does say in the notes that you have to certify all information is complete - how stupid i am!!

I wonder should i try to send them a message through the kompass account with the corrected form

I am sitting here feeling physically sick!

I don't know if you can do that, they might have to contact you to request it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 the_seeker_who

Has anyone looked into getting health insurance as part of the entrance criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Has anyone looked into getting health insurance as part of the entrance criteria?

Theres another thread here on boards set up for that. https://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/ seems to be the choice of most.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_seeker_who

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Theres another thread here on boards set up for that. https://www.backpackertravelinsurance.ie/ seems to be the choice of most.

Wow, this is significantly cheaper than what I was looking at before. Has anyone any recommendations for insurance that offer dental as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

Just got my POE introduction letter from mycic .. Basically got my visa! Anyone else get that letter yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

wow congrats when did it come? i think about 3 others on here did aliana did and her partner and one other i think posted:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

bell13 wrote: »
    Just got my POE introduction letter from mycic .. Basically got my visa! Anyone else get that letter yet?

Did you apply for it from Ireland, what date did you send it off

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    wow congrats when did it come? i think about 3 others on here did aliana did and her partner and one other i think posted:D

Thanks it's such a relief now.. Just waiting on my boyfriend to get his and hopefully book flights next week for April! It came about an hour ago or so! Awesome hopefully everyone starts to get theirs soon.. I only sent my application in about 2weeks ago!

ah thats brilliant congrats i just checked mine sigh nothing yet i sent mine 16 days ago so hopefully i will hear something this week want to get booking like yourself:D congrats and cheers for posting its good to know there working on a sunday as its been about a week ago since someone posted to say they got there loi :D

Bd84 wrote: »

Did you apply for it from Ireland, what date did you send it off
    Yup applied from Ireland.. About 2weeks ago not long anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Yup applied from Ireland.. About 2weeks ago not long anyways

Class hopefully that's the start of them coming threw now congratulations you must be well pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Hi folks,
    I'd really appreciate some help, if at all possible please.
    I'm in Canada and applying for my second visa.
    The process has not gone smoothly and I'm worried I've applied for the wrong visa.
    I eventually got to the point where I completed the IMM1295 form and submitted that will all the necessaries, excluding the police cert. I just uploaded a word document explaining I didn't need one, once living in Canada.
    Has anyone else applied from Canada?

I'm quite worried at this stage, so, if you can advise, I'd really appreciate it.
    I have 2 weeks to my 36th birthday, so it's very stressful :-(

I got this letter following my application, but it refers to "temporary resident". Have I just botched this up?
    This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration
    Canada (CIC) on February 22, 2013.
    When will CIC contact me?
    CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, an interview, or your passport. For general guidance
    on what to expect, you can visit or consult the “What Happens Next”
    section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.
    How long will it take to process my application?
    Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your application:
    Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of
    changes in your application.
    For additional information, consult the CIC website at .
    Citizenship and Immigration Canada
    Application no.:

This is an automated message.
    This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account.
    By submitting your application electronically, you agreed to receive correspondence electronically. CIC will not be
    forwarding you paper notification.

congrats on getting the POE introduction letter.
    could you enter your details into this thread to give the rest of us an idea of your iec timeline. thanks.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

I got this letter following my application, but it refers to "temporary resident". Have I just botched this up?
    This confirms that your application for temporary residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration
    Canada (CIC) on February 22, 2013.
    When will CIC contact me?
    CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, an interview, or your passport. For general guidance
    on what to expect, you can visit or consult the “What Happens Next”
    section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.
    How long will it take to process my application?
    Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your application:
    Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of
    changes in your application.
    For additional information, consult the CIC website at .
    Citizenship and Immigration Canada
    Application no.:

This is an automated message.
    This message has been submitted to your MyCIC account.
    By submitting your application electronically, you agreed to receive correspondence electronically. CIC will not be
    forwarding you paper notification.

not too worry i think we all got that, you get it after submission to cic, just an generic letter, put your cic/application number the one with the letter w into your kompass my profile update cic file number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

*skips into thread*

Howdy folks :D I just got my POE (keep reading it as POS!!!!!!:P) Squeeeee. Off to the thread about timelines I go :D

WHat did you get yours too helen?:D

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone hope it comes through for you all soon.. It's a good sign that some of us are starting to get the visa after only 2 weeks.. We were told 4 to 6 weeks so the process is going faster! Don't worry if your waiting a while on different stages hope it goes ok :) I'm going to go in April to Vancouver many people going there and then?

hdowney wrote: »
    *skips into thread*

Howdy folks :D I just got my POE (keep reading it as POS!!!!!!:P) Squeeeee. Off to the thread about timelines I go :D

lucky you were all very jealous, congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Hi all,

Just finished the Come to Canada Questions and got my checklist code, but reading down the page and seeing the form I have to fill out (IMM1295) it says at the top of the form 'APPLICATIN FOR WORK PERMIT MADE OUTSIDE OF CANADA' so is there another form we have to fill out from inside canada?

Any help would be great :)

Thanks
    Caroline

WHat did you get yours too helen?:D
    lucky you were all very jealous, congrats :D

I did indeed get mine. Delighted. If anything holds true Ross you should get yours any time now. You got your payment verification not long after mine, your conditional acceptance not long after mine etc :D

I hope so hopefully i will skipping in soon who noes :D.. congrats doh hopefully we will hear of a few more over the comeing days i would imagine its such a relief?:D

I hope so hopefully i will skipping in soon who noes :D.. congrats doh hopefully we will hear of a few more over the comeing days i would imagine its such a relief?:D

God yes a relief. You keep questioning did you answer the questions correctly etc etc. You can't help but do it so to get the POE and know that everything was grand and Canada wants ya :D SEE YA Ireland!

God yes a relief. You keep questioning did you answer the questions correctly etc etc. You can't help but do it so to get the POE and know that everything was grand and Canada wants ya :D SEE YA Ireland!

when you planning in going and where?

when you planning in going and where?

Few month before I head off yet, need to get the moolah together to be sorted over there whilst looking for work/accom etc. Prolly closer to the end of the year for me. As for where I am still tossing between Calgary and Toronto

Few month before I head off yet, need to get the moolah together to be sorted over there whilst looking for work/accom etc. Prolly closer to the end of the year for me. As for where I am still tossing between Calgary and Toronto

At least you have not too worry about it anymore and can now plan for the trip to Canada.

• Advertisement

At least you have not too worry about it anymore and can now plan for the trip to Canada.

Agreed. Hopefully yours will come soon. when did you submit?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement