Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

hdowney wrote: »
    Agreed. Hopefully yours will come soon. when did you submit?

I submitted last Tuesday, it took 2 weeks for payment verified and 5 days for conditional letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

got the visa ...applied saturday the 16th of feb

hegarty147 wrote: »

congrats, I applied 19th so hopefully mines won't be too long away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

jeez its weird alot of us applied the 8th/9th and no word but some applies a week later and gets it:D:D they have a strange owl process..congrats by the way such a relief i say:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

hegarty147 wrote: »

Congrats. I know myself and a couple others on here submitted a week before that.... hope it comes through soon:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

So it's not 1st come 1st serve then, god knows when we could be getting them, that's not good news for us that have been waiting over 2 weeks

Bd84 wrote: »
    So it's not 1st come 1st serve then, god knows when we could be getting them, that's not good news for us that have been waiting over 2 weeks

I don't think we need to assume its a bad thing. There is no rhyme or reason and we don't know what their procedure is. But thanks for trying to make us all feel good about it anyway;)

DodoByrne wrote: »
    I don't think we need to assume its a bad thing. There is no rhyme or reason and we don't know what their procedure is. But thanks for trying to make us all feel good about it anyway;)

Lol Sorry but I'm very anxious to get it, as soon as I get the visa I'm booking a flight for the week after, I was hoping to already be in canada by now so it's just a bit frustrating for me. Don't mean to put a downer on it

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Congrats. I know myself and a couple others on here submitted a week before that.... hope it comes through soon:cool:

ya it should there seems to be no order my friend applied night before me and he has heard nothing

No worries dude... they say it'll take 4-6 weeks on their site, so I'm sure we're doing ok. Best of luck with it anyway. I'm sure we'll all be grand, those of us who haven't killed anyone or been members of the Nazi youths can probably feel confident that it'll go well... it seems you have to have lived a cleaner life for a Canadian Visa than the requirements to become Pope!!!

• Advertisement

No worries dude... they say it'll take 4-6 weeks on their site, so I'm sure we're doing ok. Best of luck with it anyway. I'm sure we'll all be grand, those of us who haven't killed anyone or been members of the Nazi youths can probably feel confident that it'll go well... it seems you have to have lived a cleaner life for a Canadian Visa than the requirements to become Pope!!!

I like that but it's not like oz there letting every Tom dick and Harry in, Irish have got a serious bad name now in oz, between stealing, fighting and acting drunken louts we wer all getting branded with the same brush, it's 1 of the reasons y I had enough of it

Bd84 wrote: »
    I like that but it's not like oz there letting every Tom dick and Harry in, Irish have got a serious bad name now in oz, between stealing, fighting and acting drunken louts we wer all getting branded with the same brush, it's 1 of the reasons y I had enough of it

The way i see it.... IN GENERAL :D..... its the more cultured Ladies and Gentlemen that choose Canada. Its up to everyone going out there to conduct themselves like they have a brain, as i would imagine the future of the IEC program depends on the behaviour of the majority of IEC recipients in Canada.
    For me personally the reason I'm leaving Ireland and hoping I can get PR is due to the pub culture here. I'm an outdoors man myself, and i want to live somewhere i fit in. Ireland is hitting the bottom more and more lately, and not just economically. peoples attitudes, especially the younger ones, sucks big hairy ass. And I hope i can make a life for myself in Canada, where people are more open to different ways of living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eilsf87

Just to confirm, are people taking their POE Intro letter as a definite visa? Aren't there more steps to confirm and verify before its guaranteed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eilsf87

On my kompass what number do we put as the CIC file number? I have received my POE but still have: Immigration Assessment Pending, Final Decision Pending on my Kompass. Apoligies if this has been answered before, only got mu iphone back after 2 weeks in the repair shop!

eilsf87 wrote: »
    On my kompass what number do we put as the CIC file number? I have received my POE but still have: Immigration Assessment Pending, Final Decision Pending on my Kompass. Apoligies if this has been answered before, only got mu iphone back after 2 weeks in the repair shop!

Its the number you got in the email when you uploaded your CIC application.
    Begins with a "W" and then some numbers.
    The POE letter is the LOI as far as I've gathered.
    How long did you wait for the POE?
    Thanks and Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chris27091992

Hi Im just starting stage two of the application process but I cant remember the exact dates I put down for my education and employment in stage 1,Stupid of me I know because I was trying to complete the application as quick as I could.I heard the dates must match on your cv in stage 2.Any ideas what to do?
    Thanks in advance.

Hi Im just starting stage two of the application process but I cant remember the exact dates I put down for my education and employment in stage 1,Stupid of me I know because I was trying to complete the application as quick as I could.I heard the dates must match on your cv in stage 2.Any ideas what to do?
    Thanks in advance.

You only need the month and year in stage 2. Don't stress out too much. alot of people had similar worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

The OH got hers Wednesday and she submitted it on the 8th i submitted mine on the 10th no word yet though.

You only need the month and year in stage 2. Don't stress out too much. alot of people had similar worries.

Nice one mate,much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Folks, quick question. Doing a favor for two mates tomorrow regarding the English visa. when you set up your kompass account do you get your wtn number then or when you submit your documents? I cant remember how I did mine.

On a side note congrats to everyone who got their LOI im still waiting since the 14th. Hopefully it comes soon :D

• Advertisement

you get the WTN when you setup Kompass and apply for the IEC... as far as I remember! Its defo before the CIC stage

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Folks, quick question. Doing a favor for two mates tomorrow regarding the English visa. when you set up your kompass account do you get your wtn number then or when you submit your documents? I cant remember how I did mine.

On a side note congrats to everyone who got their LOI im still waiting since the 14th. Hopefully it comes soon :D

I think you get it when you submit your application in the iec kompass acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

you get the WTN when you setup Kompass and apply for the IEC... as far as I remember! Its defo before the CIC stage
    gary27 wrote: »
    I think you get it when you submit your application in the iec kompass acc.

Cheers guys :D

on the 'application for work permit made outside of Canada' form in stage 2, what is the UCI?

on the 'application for work permit made outside of Canada' form in stage 2, what is the UCI?

if you applied before for the iec then you would have a UCI otherwise leave it blank

Must I fill out the Family Information Form on stage two if I'm an Irish citizen?

Must I fill out the Family Information Form on stage two if I'm an Irish citizen?

Fill out the family 5707 form, the one in your checklist.

Thanks.Must I fill out the Details of intented work in Canada on the IMM1295 Application form even though I dont have a job offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Anyone?

I just included my parents as that is all that it asked for in the fields supplied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

Hey guys for anyone that has got their POE/LOI is that it now? Not really sure what happens now...do we need to fill in anything else?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement