Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Hey guys, I have a quick question. I uploaded the photo of myself to myCIC and it uploaded no problem, I then filled out all the forms and submitted my application. It submitted and I received my submission letter. I check myCIC account earlier and the photo has to be a certain size. I couldn't see the size they were looking for at the time and i received no error message when I uploaded it. Will the photo disqualify me if it's too big? because I have since gone and gotten the right size for them incase they want smaller ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

RED_x wrote: »
    Once you had compeleted the application for the and every field was saved and validated and all marked as pending was there a submit button or does it just say pending until processed?

i see your setting up a kompass acc by the looks of it, What I can remember you once you done all that I think there was a submit button but that might not be available to you until the next wave opens.

eoino90 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I have a quick question. I uploaded the photo of myself to myCIC and it uploaded no problem, I then filled out all the forms and submitted my application. It submitted and I received my submission letter. I check myCIC account earlier and the photo has to be a certain size. I couldn't see the size they were looking for at the time and i received no error message when I uploaded it. Will the photo disqualify me if it's too big? because I have since gone and gotten the right size for them incase they want smaller ones.

what resolution pixel is your photo, if it comes up big then that's just the resolution pixel size mines opens up big on the computer its nothing too worry about, as long as your photo follows their specs and is at least the minimum pixel resolution size you should be ok.

how did you go about getting your photo?

gary27 wrote: »
    what resolution pixel is your photo, if it comes up big then that's just the resolution pixel size mines opens up big on the computer its nothing too worry about, as long as your photo follows their specs and is at least the minimum pixel resolution size you should be ok.

how did you go about getting your photo?
    Ah, so it does'nt matter how big it is, it's the res and DPI that counts. the camera it was taken on was a lumix 12mp. the photo was taken on my buddies camera, i stood in front of a white background and he emailed the pic to me, I edited it to fit my head and shoulders.

Ah, so it does'nt matter how big it is, it's the res and DPI that counts. the camera it was taken on was a lumix 12mp. in that case it should be ok. Thanks man!

did you crop it the passport photo size?

• Advertisement

did you crop it the passport photo size?
    I cropped it to the size that was on this site here. http://www.idphoto4you.com/
    I picked the size from this and edited the photo on my mac and it turned out well, just gotta hang on now and wait for a reply from the Canadians.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Brief update since last week: I got the verification of payment after about 3 weeks of waiting! Big relief in the end.

I cropped it to the size that was on this site here. http://www.idphoto4you.com/
    I picked the size from this and edited the photo on my mac and it turned out well, just gotta hang on now and wait for a reply from the Canadians.

you should ok be then, i used that site too and been promoting it on here the last while :D.

Brief update since last week: I got the verification of payment after about 3 weeks of waiting! Big relief in the end.

well done, its a huge relief once verified some on here are still waiting.

you should ok be then, i used that site too and been promoting it on here the last while :D.
    ah! should be good so! I probably got the site address of one of your posts so:D please god now we'll get our permits and get to Canada!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Don't forget to post your timelines here lads/ladies. It helps with knowing what to expect. Thanks:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

Myself and my girlfriend got our visas last night after finalising our applications last week. Leaving April 9th whoop whoop

bhob wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend got our visas last night after finalising our applications last week. Leaving April 9th whoop whoop

So it only took you a week after applying to MyCIC to get your POE? Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

So it only took you a week after applying to MyCIC to get your POE? Nice!

Actually 9 days. Considering they sent it on a sunday also i was impressed. They seem to be working around the clock

bhob wrote: »
    Actually 9 days. Considering they sent it on a sunday also i was impressed. They seem to be working around the clock

That's fantastic!! I'll keep my hopes up:) be sure to post your timeline on the timeline thread. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

bit of a joke i am waiting 17 days not ya think that the people who submitted first would be process first does not make sense the process they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    bit of a joke i am waiting 17 days not ya think that the people who submitted first would be process first does not make sense the process they have.

I feel your pain dude, jokes not the word for it

yea i no i don't mean to sound like a bitch but i am just rearing to go:D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

I seriously need to complete my CIC, still waiting on my fecking police cert from the gardas.

Hey JustRoss, tried to reply to your mail, your inbox is full so couldn't reply to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elkanofan

when is round 2 happening today

• Advertisement

hey wendydoll sorry about that message yoke was full i deleted some there now:D

elkanofan wrote: »
    when is round 2 happening today

round 2 of what?

2nd round of IEC applications, today is the 25th they said more visas will be available

mate your on the wrong forum this is for the IRISH IEC visa we don't no anything about the English one:p check out British expats or one of them forums:D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Isn't that only for the uk applications?

it is yea op must be a bit lost;)

yes, there ain't no England forums regarding this,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea i no i don't mean to sound like a bitch but i am just rearing to go:D

Hopefully we won't be 2 much longer anyway, I'd love to know what there method is for doing it but lol

• Advertisement

me 2:D but sure twill be grand its just the flights to Calgary wont hang around at 360 mid April one way for long they will shoot up to 500 soon i wana get one booked before they do:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement