Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    me 2:D but sure twill be grand its just the flights to Calgary wont hang around at 360 mid April one way for long they will shoot up to 500 soon i wana get one booked before they do:D

I know this is the wrong thread for it but what about insurance have you decided who your going with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

that backpackerinsurance.ie simply as it is the cheapest.:D ****ing hell the cost of some of then insurances is nearly dearer then the flights:o

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

It's a bit strange that you have 2 years to activate your visa

that backpackerinsurance.ie simply as it is the cheapest.:D ****ing hell the cost of some of then insurances is nearly dearer then the flights:o

Fortunes isn't it, backpackers no good for me cause I have to come home for 2 weddings and they only allow you to come home for 2 weeks in 2 years might just get 2 single year policies but might work out better for me, dont want to take the chance of only getting a years work permit

how would they no doh? like if you came home and said nothing how would they be able to prove you left canada at all i cant imagine they would have access to your immigration records to see when you came and went would they?

• Advertisement

Yeah not to sure I think it would be if something happened you on the trip back then they'd probably check up to see how long you wer out of the country for

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

wendydoll wrote: »
    I seriously need to complete my CIC, still waiting on my fecking police cert from the gardas.

Hey JustRoss, tried to reply to your mail, your inbox is full so couldn't reply to ya.

Took me 3 weeks to get mine back

strange took me 4 days i think it really depends on the guard you give it to and the super

• Registered Users Posts: 5 elkanofan

found it, the england forum is huge

yea it tis leave them to it i posted a few times and got stupid racist comments the ususal we are English were are the greatest ****e etc replys so i quickly left and made a return to boards:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

bit of a joke i am waiting 17 days not ya think that the people who submitted first would be process first does not make sense the process they have.

dont mean to be smart but are you sure you updated your work permit number in kompass?...as that can delay things

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

strange took me 4 days i think it really depends on the guard you give it to and the super

I am waiting nearly a month now, I rang them last week and said it was on its way even though I didnt give them my name:rolleyes: I had to go up to my local station today and complain. They gave me a number too ring, rang them and a nice women said Im still on the system. A month on the system:mad:

yea i updated my application number that i got off the my cic conformation message into the kompass account as the cic file number.. but there was some dude last night that posted on here that didnt even do that but go granted a visa so i dunno:D

Jeez that's a joke mate on the way? ha sure all it is, is a print out with the super signs and stamps i would go into the station and demand to speak to the super:D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭johnnyc67

yea i updated my application number that i got off the my cic conformation message into the kompass account as the cic file number.. but there was some dude last night that posted on here that didnt even do that but go granted a visa so i dunno:D

Jeez that's a joke mate on the way? ha sure all it is, is a print out with the super signs and stamps i would go into the station and demand to speak to the super:D

Signing forms must be one of those voluntary things they are given up doing. Its not too bad, Im a still waiting on other certs, I just wanted to make sure they actually sent it off for me:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Any of yekeeping an eye on the UK at the min?
    Only opened over an hour ago and already 900 Visas are gone.
    Mental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Panthro wrote: »
    Any of yekeeping an eye on the UK at the min?
    Only opened over an hour ago and already 900 Visas are gone.
    Mental stuff.

its a wonder why the UK gets less visas than Ireland when their population is a lot bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

STILL WAITING,submitted everything on feb 16th.didnt think they wud b out for another 4 weeks or so tbh but now that i see so many have recieved their LOI im startin to panic....

tutts wrote: »
    STILL WAITING,submitted everything on feb 16th.didnt think they wud b out for another 4 weeks or so tbh but now that i see so many have recieved their LOI im startin to panic....

your not too bad, there's people who submitted before that and are still waiting.

mate i submitted everything on the 8th and i haven't heard anything;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

gary27 wrote: »
    your not too bad, there's people who submitted before that and are still waiting.

thats true i suppose,am just so ready to get outta here it feels like it will never come!:confused:

• Advertisement

tutts wrote: »
    thats true i suppose,am just so ready to get outta here it feels like it will never come!:confused:

same here ready to get out there, I applied on 19th so I'm hoping it comes soon enough so I can book my flight.

when ya hoping to go tutts and where ya heading for?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

yea i no i don't mean to sound like a bitch but i am just rearing to go:D

Whats the panic? Are you not immigrating to mayo first?! :D
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056882453?page=1#post_83246927

no that's not happening now:( it had been but it doesn't seem to be going ahead just got news today:( thanks for trolling my comments by the way;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

bit of a joke i am waiting 17 days not ya think that the people who submitted first would be process first does not make sense the process they have.

have you traveled before? did you have to get more than 1 police clearance? i'm guessing that people who are travelling for the first time will be given their LOI's sooner. there's less research for the cic to do in regards to the applicants' background. there could be some 18 year old applying who has maybe never had a job before, has only been in school, never left the country, etc. he/she would only need a garda clearance (unlike myself needing 4 clearances from other countries, one of which is NZ, for which they have to obtain the clearance on your behalf. that takes time). therefore i could have submitted my application before a person like this, but they will receive their LOI before me. this is my guess anyway.

i know what you're going through. you've been waiting longer than me. been waiting 8 days now myself. best of luck to you man! hope it comes soon! :)

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Whats the panic? Are you not immigrating to mayo first?! :D
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056882453?page=1#post_83246927

nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

im waiting on LOI since the 7th and Ive never lived anywhere else before so should just be a bog-standard yes...dont know what the delay is !! hope it will come tonight :(

gary27 wrote: »
    nice one :D
    Oh no shes a troll shes looking through my past posts that really is a nice 1:rolleyes::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

mbop wrote: »
    im waiting on LOI since the 7th and Ive never lived anywhere else before so should just be a bog-standard yes...dont know what the delay is !! hope it will come tonight :(

Could be something to do with WTN numbers?? Just a guess coz it is strange that some people who submitted after others are getting their LOI's already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

sully2010 wrote: »
    Could be something to do with WTN numbers?? Just a guess coz it is strange that some people who submitted after others are getting their LOI's already
    my WTN was one of the first issued - in the low 100's so dont know what way they are doing it.

For those who got LOI's - did the email come to your email account or did you have to keep checking your CIC account for updates?thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement