Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

oh the process gets sooo much worse :D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

hi just wondering if anybody going to the canada expo this weekend and if they have been before?
    wondering how early we need to queue to get a chance and talking to employers and if they carry out actual interviews or what the situnation is??

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Lmnover wrote: »
    hi just wondering if anybody going to the canada expo this weekend and if they have been before?
    wondering how early we need to queue to get a chance and talking to employers and if they carry out actual interviews or what the situnation is??

Started a new thread on this but no info yet, I was wondering is it worth going to

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can we keep the Expo chat in the Expo thread folks, keep this thread for Stage 1 chat. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

What about stage 2?:( cant leave that out;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Panthro wrote: »
    Can we keep the Expo chat in the Expo thread folks, keep this thread for Stage 1 chat. Cheers

Yes that's why I started a new thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 canada1979

Hi guys,
    sorry have looked through all the posts and can't find the answer... I submitted my 2nd stage to CIC last week, 21st Feb and I have not received any confirmation email/message from them!!! I'm a little worried - anyone else in the same boat?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

canada1979 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    sorry have looked through all the posts and can't find the answer... I submitted my 2nd stage to CIC last week, 21st Feb and I have not received any confirmation email/message from them!!! I'm a little worried - anyone else in the same boat?
    Thanks

I'd get on to them if were you.
    I got an email from them within an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dextersworld_

I submitted all my forms and made the bloody mistake of saving the family form on the 19th (as in I typed in the date) and then up loaded it on the 22nd with all my other documents. I got an email from "sonia" today saying the following:
    Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Validating and Uploading an Application Form
    When completing your application, you must submit the most up-to-date version of the application form. The date (mm-yyyy) can be verified at the bottom left-end corner of every page.

Also, we recommend that you:
    Do not upload a signed copy of the application form as you will be asked to electronically sign the application before final submission.
    Make sure that all fields in the application form are filled. If a field does not apply to your situation, please add N/A in it.
    Make sure that you clear your cache and cookies in order to have the newest version of the form available. To do this, follow these steps:

When I log into my CIC account I have no idea where to send the corrected form? I can "view check-list" but when you view this there is no where to upload or amend, the bloody check list is telling me all my documents are required by the 11th March? Thats my cv, police cert everything, none of these were mentioned in what clearly is a generic email, Infuriating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one help? If you ask me there IT department is making up this entire system as they go along...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    me 2:D but sure twill be grand its just the flights to Calgary wont hang around at 360 mid April one way for long they will shoot up to 500 soon i wana get one booked before they do:D

Where have you been checking flights, any decent websites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

I submitted all my forms and made the bloody mistake of saving the family form on the 19th (as in I typed in the date) and then up loaded it on the 22nd with all my other documents. I got an email from "sonia" today saying the following:
    Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

When completing your application, you must submit the most up-to-date version of the application form. The date (mm-yyyy) can be verified at the bottom left-end corner of every page.

Do not upload a signed copy of the application form as you will be asked to electronically sign the application before final submission.
    Make sure that all fields in the application form are filled. If a field does not apply to your situation, please add N/A in it.
    Make sure that you clear your cache and cookies in order to have the newest version of the form available. To do this, follow these steps:

When I log into my CIC account I have no idea where to send the corrected form? I can "view check-list" but when you view this there is no where to upload or amend, the bloody check list is telling me all my documents are required by the 11th March? Thats my cv, police cert everything, none of these were mentioned in what clearly is a generic email, Infuriating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one help? If you ask me there IT department is making up this entire system as they go along...

Did they send this message to you in your MyCIC account? Or had you emailed them a question previously?

No to my private email and no I hadnt emailed them
    EvilDead13 wrote: »

Did they send this message to you in your MyCIC account? Or had you emailed them a question previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Where do I get my work permit file number to link the my cic and kompass account? I've got all my stuff ready to go but have no clue where to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

this is what i got when i submitted on the 9th. The "required by 1st march" had me a little ansy for a bit. but it seems simple enough, i haven't had any emails since the 9th so i presume i'm either doing alright, still in the basket or completely screwed come this friday.

Agro Head wrote: »
    Where do I get my work permit file number to link the my cic and kompass account? I've got all my stuff ready to go but have no clue where to get it.

its in the email they send you after submitting your application.

No to my private email and no I hadnt emailed them

That's odd. I thought all correspondence from CIC regarding your application comes through to the MyCIC account. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to ensure that everyone got their responses since people could delete the emails get blocked by spam/junk filters etc.

DodoByrne wrote: »
    this is what i got when i submitted on the 9th. The "required by 1st march" had me a little ansy for a bit. but it seems simple enough, i haven't had any emails since the 9th so i presume i'm either doing alright, still in the basket or completely screwed come this friday.

I submitted on the 7th and the "required by" section says Feb 27th so we'll see what happens on Wednesday! Crossing my fingers all is ok.

That's odd. I thought all correspondence from CIC regarding your application comes through to the MyCIC account. Otherwise they wouldn't be able to ensure that everyone got their responses since people could delete the emails get blocked by spam/junk filters etc.

Yeah, you get a mail in ur personal mail just to inform you that you have mail in ur CIC account. there shouldn't be any info in the gmail one.
    I wouldn't stress out too much if you got no message in myCIC, especially if they give you no option to upload or modify your application.

Honestly no idea if u are or not, CIC makes.no sense
    DodoByrne wrote: »

Kompass reply through their website, cic reply to ur personal email, once their happy they let kompass know hence linking ur cic application number to ur kompass account...

• Advertisement

in reality and all fairness its the first year for online apps, and they're dealing with a tsunami of apps all at once. so i guess we just need to suck it up and take it all as it comes. I've a feeling we'll all be grand and booking flights in a week or two.

Kompass reply through their website, cic reply to ur personal email, once their happy they let kompass know hence linking ur cic application number to ur kompass account...

Kompass reply via the Kompass account. You get an email sent to your personal email only to let you know to check your Kompass account.

CIC reply the same way. An email to your personal email to let you know to check your MyCIC account for messages. That is why I'm confused that you got this message directly to your personal email with all that info in it.

Anyone else I know who has gotten a request from CIC has had to log in to their MyCIC account to view the response/request.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beyonkers

rusheen wrote: »
    I uploaded a pdf receipt of payment e120 from an RBC bank in alberta 48 hours ago and its still pending ? is this normal ????

Hi Rusheen,

I wanted to ask you a question. I see that you submitted a payment to the iec via your rbc account. Did you do this online? And once you completed the payment did the receipt confirmation give you everything that the IEC asked for? did it show the Account name etc. As I have to submit a payment and thought it might be easier to use the RBC one as i'm in canada and if there is any problems I could call into the branch

Thanks

Beyonkers

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hi All,
    My bf's kompass account has been set up just first name and surname however his CIC account has been set up first middle & surname as it asks for the name as given on your passport... my problem is that I cant update his kompass account with the CIC number as it is not recognising the answer to one of the security questions even though I know its right, Ive emailed them but no reply yet... do you think this will hold up things or even result in a refusal???

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddykelleher

Hi all,
    Just after receiving my introduction letter from cic. Does any know what the next part of the process is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Hi all,
    Just after receiving my introduction letter from cic. Does any know what the next part of the process is?

you book a flight to canada and get your insurance and bank statement before you go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Sir, Madam,

If you go to your checklist and click on the form it will download a new copy of the form.

It says this at the top of the checklist
    If CIC has requested additional documentation to support your application, please upload, the document (s) requested. When the document is uploaded, select the "next" button to sign and submit the document(s). Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation message in your MyCIC account.
    If "overdue" appears in the status column, it means you have missed the deadline to upload the requested information. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to submit the additional document(s) and a decision about your application will be made based on the information previously provided.

But I can't see where you would upload them to. If they have emailed you would you not fill in the form and attach it to a reply email to them but also ask them where to upload if they need you to upload.

I haven't had to do this, it's just my reading of it!

Goodluck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

Hey folks, I have had a look through the posts but can't find an answer. Got my POE on Sunday night (WOOHOO!!) but my Kompass account still says "pending" for the final decision and all that. I had entered my cic application number after I got the submission confirmation so they should be linked up. Did anyone else have this problem? Or does it even matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Got my Loi last night at half twelve.

Do i have to wait on anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Star25 wrote: »
    Hey folks, I have had a look through the posts but can't find an answer. Got my POE on Sunday night (WOOHOO!!) but my Kompass account still says "pending" for the final decision and all that. I had entered my cic application number after I got the submission confirmation so they should be linked up. Did anyone else have this problem? Or does it even matter?

Same here:o

Shouldnt matter id say:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement