Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

I have a s**tty feeling they are doing the applications in a last come first served fashion. The only people receiving their LOIs now are people who submitted a week after me..... congratulations to you guys.... but THIS SUCKS MAJOR TESTICLE.
    Guess I'll take my own advice and go count the petals on some daisies. JustRoss I know you feel as much if not more like kicking a smurf in the goonies. We should start a new "Bi**hing" Thread.... where people can use foul language and abuse each other without needing to be sorry after.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

DodoByrne wrote: »
    I have a s**tty feeling they are doing the applications in a last come first served fashion. The only people receiving their LOIs now are people who submitted a week after me..... congratulations to you guys.... but THIS SUCKS MAJOR TESTICLE.
    Guess I'll take my own advice and go count the petals on some daisies. JustRoss I know you feel as much if not more like kicking a smurf in the goonies. We should start a new "Bi**hing" Thread.... where people can use foul language and abuse each other without needing to be sorry after.

A new thread that we can all let loose without having to worry about offending others, congrats to them but its a load of ****ing bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

Hey Ross

Just got this in an email and remembered you said you were an electrician in one of your posts. http://sgmcgroup.newsweaver.ie/b01vewbmwih1g5in5630x5?email=true&a=11&p=32615805

cheers mate there going to be at the expo too i am heading up sunday so hopefully get chatting to them. thanks anyway dude:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

No worries.( Apart the length of time this is taking):D

A guy posted this in the "let it all out" thread......

"From what I understand everything that is sent to CIC is completely separate from the previous stage. Each case is assigned to a different agent. This means that some agents will work faster than others. The date you submitted and your WTN number makes very little difference to how fast you will be assessed.They don't put all the applications in one pile and go through them one by one, they are delegated to different agents. It's pure luck and simply depends on how many applications your agent has before you, and how fast the agent can get through them. Also note that they mention that it can take up to 8 weeks for them to process the whole thing. It has only been 4 weeks since the visa opened."

Hope this makes it easier on us waiters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

I mentioned this in another thread, but as far as I can tell each application is sent to a different agent. How long you are waiting depends on how many applications your particular agent has before you, and also how fast they are to do their work.
    So some people who submitted after you might get their visa before you imply because their agent is a more efficient worker.

Think about if you were in an office and had 500 applications to get through. Would you put all the applications in the centre of the room and have every agent go through them 1 by 1? Or would you give 50 different applications to 10 different agents? Then remember that some of those agents are going to work faster than others. Some agents are going to piss around on the internet and have coffee breaks while others are going to fly through their work. Happens everywhere!

Just be patient, we are only in week 4 of the 8 weeks they mentioned it would take in the first place! Just be patient!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Havent been on here in a few days and everyone else is way ahead now! aaa. just a quick question. with the digital photograph, should be be serious or smiling? just wonderign can i use one i have already or should i take a new proper serious one?!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Havent been on here in a few days and everyone else is way ahead now! aaa. just a quick question. with the digital photograph, should be be serious or smiling? just wonderign can i use one i have already or should i take a new proper serious one?!
    It should be passport style,so no smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Thanks, this thread seems to have quietened down alot! Maybe everyone has moved to the stage 2 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    LAds why is the let it out thread closed what sly mod closed it not on?;)
    Not on lads:D hahah

Just read the whole thread jeez lads ye really let it out:D:D apart from wasterex he really let the side down:D:D

Ross, for most parts you a good poster to this forum.
    However, posts such as this is considered both Off Topic and is also calling a Mod Decision into Question, which is against the Charter.
    From now on, if you have a question about a Mod Decision, PM the Mod in question.
    DO NOT drag a different Thread Off Topic.
    Consider this a warning, if you wish to reply, do so via PM.
    Panthro.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Hi guys,

Just a query on the photo - I have taken our photos with my iphone, and uploaded them through the website http://www.idphoto4you.com/ as advised in previous threads. I selected 600pixels as the final image and all looks good, until I save it and then re-open the jpeg image. Naturally it opens a lot bigger than the passport photo size, but to a point it looks blurry!!

Was this the case with other peoples photos? Would I be better off using a digital camera to take the photo? Around the eyes too it was very dark, so am thinking maybe a normal camera photo might be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just a query on the photo - I have taken our photos with my iphone, and uploaded them through the website http://www.idphoto4you.com/ as advised in previous threads. I selected 600pixels as the final image and all looks good, until I save it and then re-open the jpeg image. Naturally it opens a lot bigger than the passport photo size, but to a point it looks blurry!!

Was this the case with other peoples photos? Would I be better off using a digital camera to take the photo? Around the eyes too it was very dark, so am thinking maybe a normal camera photo might be better?

Digital camera will do the job, an iPhone has terrible quality pictures unless they're actually viewed on an iPhone. Why don't you call into a local Pharmacy and get some passport photos done, most pharmacies now do that.

Yea i tryed to mess around with the iPhone but it gave out a bad picture imagine as waster said digital would be the best imho or if you wanted it done proper could call into your photographer i done that and got charged 10 euro for 4 pics:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

WasterEx wrote: »
    Digital camera will do the job, an iPhone has terrible quality pictures unless they're actually viewed on an iPhone. Why don't you call into a local Pharmacy and get some passport photos done, most pharmacies now do that.

the pharmacy made a balls of mine i had to go to about 4 different people to get the pics edited to their spc, it was some headache i can tell ya

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cazzymaz

Hi I have submitted my application to cic and am still waiting on a reply. I just noticed however that in the english form of my conditional acceptance letter it only addresses me with my first and middle name, while the french version has my full name. Have looked through the other emails I have received from IEC and they also only refer to me by my first and middle name. So I am not sure if this is an error and am worried it might affect the second stage decision. Does anyone else have the same issue???

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Star25 wrote: »
    I'm in the 280's so maybe that's why I got it quicker. You'l get it soon don't worry:)

lucky you :( did mine the 7th also number in 650s :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

WHERE I FIND STAGE 2 THREAD ..

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

Underneath this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

WHERE I FIND STAGE 2 THREAD ..

It's the thread directly under this one on the Main Canada Forum page.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

Anyone get their Poe today? Stress levels rising by the hour!!

don't no dosnt seemt to have been anyone posted so far saying they have:D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Have there been any applicants approved who have applied for their 2nd IEC participation AND are in Canada already on their first? The ones I have seen so far all appear to have been applying for their first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 swirls427

Hi, just wondering about messages from kompass account... i sent a message today with an attachment but when i looked at the message again after sending it the attachment was nowhere to be found... is this right???? please help, getting VERY stressed!!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    don't no dosnt seemt to have been anyone posted so far saying they have:D

Just got my POE threw 5mins ago, any sign of yours hopefully its on its way tonight for you

Bd84 wrote: »
    Just got my POE threw 5mins ago, any sign of yours hopefully its on its way tonight for you

How long were you waiting.... congrats!!! looks like the little rant helped you out at least :D

DodoByrne wrote: »
    How long were you waiting.... congrats!!! looks like the little rant helped you out at least :D

Waiting since the 9th lad, had it in about 07.30 that morning, when did you get yours in, hope d **** yours and Ross is the night 2, I don't think it's coming from London either cause the time on it says 26th 06.35pm

Congrats dude just checked the my cic nothing as of yet:D fair play to you doh:D:D

• Advertisement

Bd84 wrote: »
    Waiting since the 9th lad, had it in about 07.30 that morning, when did you get yours in, hope d **** yours and Ross is the night 2, I don't think it's coming from London either cause the time on it says 26th 06.35pm

Cheers bud, same day as yourself as it happens. so maybe our WOW friend is doing mine as we speak??!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement