Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea martyn i am going to do the same myself don't want to ruin my chances of going to the roadhouse;)
    It is bud its up about 2000 from last year i think around 7400 or something in that figure:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

So cost me €7 :mad::mad: to get my photo to USB with the correct dimensions etc.

I don't seem to have the option to upload multiple police forms though????

Just the one...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

seachto7 wrote: »
    So cost me €7 :mad::mad: to get my photo to USB with the correct dimensions etc.

I don't seem to have the option to upload multiple police forms though????

Just the one...

scan all certs,save them as PDF then,using adobe pro ,create one PDF file:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea that's it mate. you nee to fill out that come to canada questionnaire thing first as that gives you a personal identification number which is needed for the my cic login. although some people were able to register without it.

ya, i didnt get any pin number either and i filled out that come to canada questionnaire....for the my cic login i just had to make up a username and password?

Calm down minnow12;) we are hahah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Do we really only get one chance at filling out these forms when the time comes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Kalm it kalm it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

On your marks, get set.....GO! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

I like cake

i like women

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 dannymoville22

what is a IEC Kompass account and why isnt it available via the link on http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=7&view=d

And i have the cic account opened today but i only registered, is there anything else i can do to add to this part of the process?

what is a IEC Kompass account and why isnt it available via the link on http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=7&view=d

And i have the cic account opened today but i only registered, is there anything else i can do to add to this part of the process?

its not opened yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dannymoville22

anything else i can do in the meantime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

anything else i can do in the meantime?
    Get your photos and meet the lads for a pint in the local, you'll miss it when your gone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

Hi guys, is there any other Irish people applying from the UK?

How do we get garda checks sorted from here or can anyone go in pick one up and fill it in for you?

Also, do people who have traveled elsewhere ie. NZ in the past 5 years need to have police checks from these countries when applying too?? Thanks.

archicraft wrote: »
    scan all certs,save them as PDF then,using adobe pro ,create one PDF file:)

Is adobe pro free? Never tried consolidating documents before but will try it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HS123

anyone know if we have to sign family information forms before uploading?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Another quick one...

Do we need to take copy/scan off all pages of passport with stamps etc?

Cheers

Is adobe pro free? Never tried consolidating documents before but will try it out...

Don’t think so, but you might get a 30 day trial. If you’re having bother getting a copy, any secretarial service would see you right for a couple of euros :)

Batigol309 wrote: »
    Another quick one...

Do we need to take copy/scan off all pages of passport with stamps etc?

Cheers

yep:):)

• Advertisement

Feck it, I never got the pages with stamps on them done. Have to do it again now :(

Feck it, I never got the pages with stamps on them done. Have to do it again now :(

Actually Seachto7, was sure I had read that you had to include stamped pages, but cannot locate where I had read it now...so am unsure, sorry man!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I copied my long birth cert into a4 size and it came up on half an a4. I scanned it in as a jpeg and when I open it in windows gallery you can zoom in and out. Does anyone know how rigid they are on these scanned docs and do they give the exact dimensions for everything to be uploaded? Have everything scanned and gckey login but not going to do anything else until it opens, just in case it all changes. Thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

archicraft wrote: »
    Actually Seachto7, was sure I had read that you had to include stamped pages, but cannot locate where I had read it now...so am unsure, sorry man!

When it comes to the stamped page , does that mean the pages which were stamped when you were in certain countries?

I can't recall reading about stamped pages anywhere, so will wait for now until I know for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Hi Guys...quick question I got my police cert back but it is missing my middle name. My passport has my middle name on it do you think this will be an issue for the visa?. The dates of birth and everything else are correct its just the middle name missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mmm88

hegarty147 wrote: »
    Hi Guys...quick question I got my police cert back but it is missing my middle name. My passport has my middle name on it do you think this will be an issue for the visa?. The dates of birth and everything else are correct its just the middle name missing.

I would imagine you would be ok?? Was looking it up and can't find anything to say otherwise? How long were you waiting for your Police Cert to come back as a matter of interest? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

well hello fellas. is this the garda cert i need to apply for? is this the process? i was just going to roll into the station with a passport but did everyone write a letter to the superintendent as stated here, cheers
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

well hello fellas. is this the garda cert i need to apply for? is this the process? i was just going to roll into the station with a passport but did everyone write a letter to the superintendent as stated here, cheers
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

yeh thats what i did:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

thank you sir. just had to make sure i was on the right path before hitting the super up :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement