Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

What does POE stand for anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Hopefully that's him back from his 3week holiday now, so we can all celebrate together

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

BOOM! Just got my POE too!! Woohooo! Waiting since the 7th

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Feenor86

Just received my POE at 02.10am....... the relief is unbelievable, applied with CIC on the 14th!!
    P.S dont think theyre comin from London, its sayin mine was done in Alberta!

Feenor86 wrote: »
    Just received my POE at 02.10am....... the relief is unbelievable, applied with CIC on the 14th!!

Where does it say that I just noticed the time on mine, congrats boys big relief

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Joe Louis

A question for anyone applying from Canada or is familiar with the application for a second IEC visa. After completing the 'come to Canada' questionnaire on the CIC website it leads you to the application form 'Imm1295' which is titled 'Application for work permit made outside Canada'.
    For those applying from inside Canada should it be a different form?

Your help will prevent me from throwing either the laptop or myself out the window! :)

Joe Louis wrote: »
    A question for anyone applying from Canada or is familiar with the application for a second IEC visa. After completing the 'come to Canada' questionnaire on the CIC website it leads you to the application form 'Imm1295' which is titled 'Application for work permit made outside Canada'.

Your help will prevent me from throwing either the laptop or myself out the window! :)

Did you try the search at the top, I'm not to sure but I'd say that questions been asked in here somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Are you on your first year visa by chance? Anyone one their first year visa get there LOI Yet?

Bd84 wrote: »
    Where does it say that I just noticed the time on mine, congrats boys big relief

Ye it gives the state and the postcode on the address at the bottom of the POE, mine had AB for Alberta

PollyMe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just finished the Come to Canada Questions and got my checklist code, but reading down the page and seeing the form I have to fill out (IMM1295) it says at the top of the form 'APPLICATIN FOR WORK PERMIT MADE OUTSIDE OF CANADA' so is there another form we have to fill out from inside canada?

Any help would be great :)

Thanks
    Caroline

The question has been asked alright but I've yet to find the answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Joe Louis wrote: »

Hi,
    I found the entire process from Canada completely confusing and disheartening.
    Everything I learnt from last years application, did not apply.
    In the come to Canada wizard, say you're applying from outside Canada. This will get you to the right forms. IMM1295 etc.
    Then you're on your way.

I called the CIC helpline and not only were the useless, I honestly think they put me on the wrong application on purpose.
    I ended up having applied for the wrong visa and had to start again.
    When you get to all the forms, you won't be able to proceed without uploading a police cert.
    I uploaded a word doc, saying I was already in Canada and I have it in an email from IEC that you never need a cert if you're already in Canada.

My application is in since last Fri so I'll let you know if I hear back, good, bad or indifferent.

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    Are you on your first year visa by chance? Anyone one their first year visa get there LOI Yet?

ye Im on me first visa

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Got my POE!!! Yeah baby!! :D See you all in Canada! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

ye Im on me first visa

Okay thanks, on my first one as well your probably the first person i have seen get there's. I sent mine in on the 08th so hopefully some news soon enough.

Cheers

Hi,
    I found the entire process from Canada completely confusing and disheartening.
    Everything I learnt from last years application, did not apply.
    In the come to Canada wizard, say you're applying from outside Canada. This will get you to the right forms. IMM1295 etc.
    Then you're on your way.

I called the CIC helpline and not only were the useless, I honestly think they put me on the wrong application on purpose.
    I ended up having applied for the wrong visa and had to start again.
    When you get to all the forms, you won't be able to proceed without uploading a police cert.
    I uploaded a word doc, saying I was already in Canada and I have it in an email from IEC that you never need a cert if you're already in Canada.

My application is in since last Fri so I'll let you know if I hear back, good, bad or indifferent.

Thanks for that RC. Much appreciated.
    Yeah I agree with you entirely. It hasn't been at all straight forward.
    The applications of the IEC and the CIC are barely compatible. Which has led to unnecessary confusion for the applicant.
    I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to the proper authorities when all is said and done. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 8noodles8

Applied fully on mon 25th and got my loi this morning at 2. Can't believe it came in 2 days.haha :p Woohoo. Start planning my trip now for nov or dec. delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Thanks for all advice , Just got Visa getting out of here Happy Days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

8noodles8 wrote: »
    Applied fully on mon 25th and got my loi this morning at 2. Can't believe it came in 2 days.haha :p Woohoo. Start planning my trip now for nov or dec. delighted

that is really fast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

Has anybody who had to get NZ Police clearance got there LOI/POE yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

hegarty147 wrote: »
    dont mean to be smart but are you sure you updated your work permit number in kompass?...as that can delay things

Mine won't let me update it. I log in, get to the page, press update, and it logs me out and takes me back to the list of countries. Help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

My mate got his LOI yesterday but im still waiting on mine. He applied a few after me on the 14th.

Hope to god mine comes soon :D

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Mine won't let me update it. I log in, get to the page, press update, and it logs me out and takes me back to the list of countries. Help?

can you get to the page where you have to input security question answers?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

DeniseDee wrote: »

Im having the same problem on my bf's application- I cant update the CIC number as it is not recognising an answer to one of the security questions, I tried changing them and it wont let me... is it really important to have it updated on IEC??

del777 wrote: »
    Im having the same problem on my bf's application- I cant update the CIC number as it is not recognising an answer to one of the security questions, I tried changing them and it wont let me... is it really important to have it updated on IEC??

i read somewhere on here that someone got LOI without updating the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Congrats to all who got there visas especially those waiting since early feb:D:D all ye gota do is get booking now;)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Congrats to all who got there visas especially those waiting since early feb:D:D all ye gota do is get booking now;)

no luck yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Nah knowing my luck i will be last but feck it, twill arrive wen it does:D..trying to get all my stuff in order for the rds this weekend man there's a lot of jobs going:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Nah knowing my luck i will be last but feck it, twill arrive wen it does:D..trying to get all my stuff in order for the rds this weekend man there's a lot of jobs going:D

best of luck at the rds thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

bit behind but where do i find IMM1295 Application to upload? thanks :)

• Advertisement

bit behind but where do i find IMM1295 Application to upload? thanks :)

in the mycic account when you create an new application using the code from the come to canada wizard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement