Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

gary27 wrote: »
    can you get to the page where you have to input security question answers?

Yes, I go through all the security, right to the bit where I press update WTN, and it goes back to the start!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

THANK YOU :D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

deleted the old, done that form by saying yes no etc, but it has brought me the screen of uploading my cv and stuff but no code and no chance of saving it to upload it for IMM1295 Application. (Sorry about this)

i think you'll a wee bit confused about about the application process,
    this is what checklist looks like for mycic
    Untitled23.jpg
    can you see this page for uploading the required document, if so I don't understand how you can't download the 1295 form?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Feck ya but congrats:D:D it seems i am the only early feb applyer left:rolleyes::(

Cheers dude, you can't be waiting much longer now. Bet you'll have it before the end of the week. I got mine at 9 11pm their time. So they're working their little canuck tushes off for us. I'll be in Vancouver I reckon by June... if you ever need a friendly face in Van then give me a holler :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

cheers dude i mite take ya up on that i am starting off in Calgary but who noes where i will end up:D.. congrats again:D

• Advertisement

DeniseDee wrote: »
    Yes, I go through all the security, right to the bit where I press update WTN, and it goes back to the start!

could you maybe try a different internet browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Got my POE today guys, let the good times roll. I hope y'all get urs soon.
    On a side note, i uploaded a garda clearance without my middle name, but applied with my middle name.... so i guess things like that aren't such a big deal.
    I LOVE YOU ALL...... :D

Goodluck guys...... timeline = 9th Feb- 2 30 am Feb 27th.

Nice1 let the good times roll, when you going

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Canada_Bound

Hey people, congrats to all those who got their LOI, i got a request letter for proof of the courts decision on my drink driving conviction which i have to get from the court but i'm just wondering if anybody know why they need this as it's stated on my police cert, is it to see the level of blood alcohol level at the time? Sorry if it's a silly question but if i get past this i should be havin' a session in Toronto soon :)

dunno mate seems a few people had there visas rejected last year for having a drink driving conviction (i no of one personally) i would imagine it is for the blood alcohol levels to be compared to the canada standards be prepared though your visa might get rejected. saying that you might have no problems i suppose it really depends when it was and how high your alcohol level was.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PollyMe

Joe Louis wrote: »
    The question has been asked alright but I've yet to find the answer

I asked this question but no one ever answered me :(

• Advertisement

what question?:D

Feenor86 wrote: »
    ye Im on me first visa

Did you just fill out the 'Imm1295' which is titled 'Application for work permit made outside Canada'? I asked this question a while ago but didnt get the answer. Im in Canada and im worried im filling out the wrong form :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

Has anybody who had to supply a UK Police Cert got their LOI??

waiting since Feb 8th myself

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

seems the iec website has crashed ... "down for maintenance due to high demand"

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

Hey guys just wondering has anyone looked into getting their SIN number for Canada..like a PPS number. Need this to work in Canada been reading about it and trying to find out how can apply for it before I go over or do I have to do it when over there? Thanks :)

you have to do it when you get over there. you bring your work permit that you get in immigration and your id and your good to go. you should get rhe number issued on the spot the place you get it in is called services canada there's a few in every city:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    what question?:D

Hi all,

Just finished the Come to Canada Questions and got my checklist code, but reading down the page and seeing the form I have to fill out (IMM1295) it says at the top of the form 'APPLICATIN FOR WORK PERMIT MADE OUTSIDE OF CANADA' so is there another form we have to fill out from inside canada?

Any help would be great smile.png

Thanks
    Caroline

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

marcher87 wrote: »
    Has anybody who had to supply a UK Police Cert got their LOI??

waiting since Feb 8th myself

Yeah my mate got his yesterday and Im still waiting on my LOI. Were both through a UK police cert

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Yeah my mate got his yesterday and Im still waiting on my LOI. Were both through a UK police cert

thanks man! had to supply both Irish and UK one, trying to figure out whats slowing everything down for me so much... best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

BOOOOOOMMMMMMMM , just got my POE letter 20mins ago i submitted my application on the 14th. Delighted :)

• Advertisement

BOOOOOOMMMMMMMM , just got my POE letter 20mins ago i submitted my application on the 14th. Delighted :)

congrats, you leaving for Canada in the next few months?

congrats, you leaving for Canada in the next few months?

Thanks, Hopefully mate :D What part of Donegal you in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Congrats everybody that got their POE!! Just trying to work things out in my head.. this is what Ive noted as having to organise :

Before going to Canada:

1. Flights
    2.Travel/Medical Insurance
    3. Accomodation ( not too important as I have mates over there!)
    4. International Driving Permit
    5 MONEY!!

Upon arriving in Canada:
    1. PPS number
    2. Bank Account
    3. Mobile Phone Number
    4. JOB!

What am I missing? Prob loads!! ;)

Thanks, Hopefully mate :D What part of Donegal you in ?

inishowen area, you not from Donegal too :D?

del777 wrote: »
    Congrats everybody that got their POE!! Just trying to work things out in my head.. this is what Ive noted as having to organise :

Before going to Canada:

1. Flights

Upon arriving in Canada:
    1. PPS number
    2. Bank Account
    3. Mobile Phone Number
    4. JOB!

money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Haha oh ye, thats a big one! oops!! :)

inishowen area, you not from Donegal too :D?

Inishowen aswell mate:D when you plannin on goin??

haha no way the two of ye are from inishowen? and ye don't even no each other how random:D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

del777 wrote: »

Before going to Canada:

1. Flights
    5 MONEY!!

Upon arriving in Canada:
    1. PPS number
    2. Bank Account
    3. Mobile Phone Number
    4. JOB!

Where are you going?
    International Driving permit isn't worth a damn here. They allow 3 months on your Irish licence and then you have to do a test. I did mine last September. In some provinces you may not have to do a test, but check about that International Permit first, it could be a waste of money.
    (PS I'm in Nova Scotia).

• Advertisement

Inishowen aswell mate:D when you plannin on goin??

going to Calgary mid to late April, whats your plans?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement