Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Where are you going?
    International Driving permit isn't worth a damn here. They allow 3 months on your Irish licence and then you have to do a test. I did mine last September. In some provinces you may not have to do a test, but check about that International Permit first, it could be a waste of money.
    (PS I'm in Nova Scotia).

Hmm thanks, will look into that one a bit more so... were going to Toronto... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

gary27 wrote: »
    going to Calgary mid to late April, whats your plans?

Calgary aswell mate probs around the same sorta time frame. You goin solo??

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

We tip for If any of you's can get a uk license, you will not have to sit your test again, easy done and well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    haha no way the two of ye are from inishowen? and ye don't even no each other how random:D

Just figured out there that we do know each other Ross :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MP_Calgary2012

Bd84 wrote: »
    We tip for If any of you's can get a uk license, you will not have to sit your test again, easy done and well worth it

You guys can swap a full irish license for a full saskatchewan license too - i think the same applies in new brunswick too not 100% sure there though

http://www.sgi.sk.ca/individuals/licensing/getyourlicence/newresidents.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Silly question, but iv a full license in the north. So technical we are part of the UK :mad: so will my license still work out their or will I need to change it after 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

What part of inishowen are u in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

danny2013 wrote: »
    What part of inishowen are u in?

Folks, this isn't a chit chat thread.
    PM one another if ye would like to chat,
    Cheers.

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Silly question, but iv a full license in the north. So technical we are part of the UK :mad: so will my license still work out their or will I need to change it after 3 months?

Your in the same boat as me iv an Aussie license but it says any license that's in a commonwealth country ul have to change it after 90days, my mates out there and he changed his northern license over no problem no tests no nothing said it was handy done, if you've got your lorry licenses on there then here's where the problem starts, looks like I have to do a few tests once I get over to transfer my lorry license to canadian standards its a joke, that's why I never changed it back to a northern license because I'd lose all my lorry license and I'd have to start again here absolute money making racket

Your in the same boat as me iv an Aussie license but it says any license that's in a commonwealth country ul have to change it after 90days, my mates out there and he changed his northern license over no problem no tests no nothing said it was handy done, if you've got your lorry licenses on there then here's where the problem starts, looks like I have to do a few tests once I get over to transfer my lorry license to canadian standards its a joke, that's why I never changed it back to a northern license because I'd lose all my lorry license and I'd have to start again here absolute money making racket

Ive no lorry license so I should be sweet :D Cheers for that info bud it was floating around my head lately :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

You're sorted.
    They asked if I was from the North, if I was, they would just transfer the licence. The benefits of being part of the commonwealth!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah as far as I know, Commonwealth countries can just hand in their License and get a Canada one, where as Rep of Ireland passport holders have to take a test.
    I remember reading that we were trying to get rid of the requirement but as far as I know that's still ongoing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

gary27 wrote: »
    going to Calgary mid to late April, whats your plans?

In Donegal here too lads, going to Calgary. Got the POE/LOI yesterday so all good :) There's a bar on 17th SW called the Donegal Pub, ill see you's there for a few, home from home lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

I think you can send away to Swansea for a full GB license, just a matter of changing the NI licence. It's stupid but I'm to believe that Alberta will only accept a driver licence from England, Scotland and wales ie GB (Sort of like where the uk passport reads, passport of GB and Northern Ireland, NI is seen as being part of the UK but not of GB) You can change a NI licence straight away in British Columbia though, so what am thinking is fly into Vancouver, stay a few weeks change a NI licence head to Calgary drive on the BC license for a year a two, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Feck ya but congrats:D:D it seems i am the only early feb applyer left:rolleyes::(

and memate, i did it before you ,,gettin restless now ,aint goin till early may .
    but freakin out hearing people that onlny applied two feckin days ago ..
    come on already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

and memate, i did it before you ,,gettin restless now ,aint goin till early may .
    but freakin out hearing people that onlny applied two feckin days ago ..
    come on already :D

And me!! This is torture seeing others get theirs in 2 days! Plus I'm the most impatient person ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Finally submitted everything to mycic :)
    A little worried about my photo as it didn't look great quality on the screen (I scanned it) but sure fingers crossed.
    Not going for a few months so if I need to submit another its not the end of the world. Would be great to have it all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

Where are you going?
    International Driving permit isn't worth a damn here. They allow 3 months on your Irish licence and then you have to do a test. I did mine last September. In some provinces you may not have to do a test, but check about that International Permit first, it could be a waste of money.
    (PS I'm in Nova Scotia).

Yeah you don't need an international drivers permit here. Irish license is fine but after 3 months you gotta sit the test, which is piss easy really

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Just got my POE/LOI! Submitted my application on 18th Feb. Sent my boyfriends the same day but he's still waiting. Hope to god he gets his or neither of us will be going!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Just got my POE/LOI! Submitted my application on 18th Feb. Sent my boyfriends the same day but he's still waiting. Hope to god he gets his or neither of us will be going!

nice! :)

i sent mine on the 17th. hopefully it's coming anyday now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Congrats:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

You don't need to sign it. Save it, validate it and upload it. When you upload all of your documents and press continue they will ask you to sign digitally.

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah as far as I know, Commonwealth countries can just hand in their License and get a Canada one, where as Rep of Ireland passport holders have to take a test.
    I remember reading that we were trying to get rid of the requirement but as far as I know that's still ongoing.
    Ballybreen wrote: »
    I think you can send away to Swansea for a full GB license, just a matter of changing the NI licence. It's stupid but I'm to believe that Alberta will only accept a driver licence from England, Scotland and wales ie GB (Sort of like where the uk passport reads, passport of GB and Northern Ireland, NI is seen as being part of the UK but not of GB) You can change a NI licence straight away in British Columbia though, so what am thinking is fly into Vancouver, stay a few weeks change a NI licence head to Calgary drive on the BC license for a year a two, job done.

Thanks guys:D

Im hitting Vancouver ne way till Christmas and might move to Calgary or Saskatoon after that so think I will just change it over.

@panthro I read something online about that. I thought it was agreed that anybody in Ireland can just straight swap their license over to a BC one. Maybe it hasn't been sorted yet

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Just about to finish off the application! Saved my family form in paint and scanned my digital photo

Gah! Service is temporarily down.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Ah. used an old passport photo but the pixels aren't quite the size it's supposed to be. I suppose I should use a different photo.

Flights booked for 13th march, canni wait woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Flights booked for 13th march, canni wait woohoo

Nice one..how much did they cost and where did you book?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

has anybody have an idea how its taking so long.i sent mine on 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dundalkdonkey

just got my lol letter woohoo!!!for anybody who would like to know i sent my docs into my cic on the 16th.they then sent me a request for the family forms again dont actually know why think it was because i signed it with a blue pen maybe.sent that back on the 21st!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

why is mine not done aswell if your same time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement