Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Just have patience, I submitted all my docs on the 8th! Only got my POE last night. Some people have submitted their applications a week after me and had their POE before me. That's how it goes. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

dundalkdonkey was it this minute you recieved your loi

thanks thats good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dundalkdonkey

i honestly dont know its a mad system they have am just glad its over.dont think you will be waiting to much longer they are going through them pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dundalkdonkey

yes right there

• Advertisement

CONGRATS every1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Just got my visa happy days:D:D:D

Don't worry lads i will get the light on the way out just have to get the last of my cans;)

did you get email?

did you get email or how

i did indeed mate i just wrote a message to you saying i had been waiting since the 8th and not to worry then i checked my emails saying i had a message in the my cic account and low and behold there the poe is awful happy as i checked a half hour ago and no sign:D:D

• Advertisement

best of luck in canada dude

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Just got my visa happy days:D:D:D

Congrats dude..have to say you were pretty patient considering all the visas issued before you!

Cheers tutts yours will come soon mate i have been waiting nearly 3 weeks while others had it in a week:D..

Cheers sully pal ah sure what could i have done it least shes in the bag now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

sully2010 wrote: »
    Nice one..how much did they cost and where did you book?

£615 I booked threw sta travel, if I had of been booking it last week I could have got a flight on ebookers for £546 ahh well, just the insurance now and I don't have a clue what to do about that, can't go way backpackers cause they only allow me a 2 week holiday home in 2 years and iv my brother and sisters weddings to come back for, any ideas

Bd84 wrote: »
    £615 I booked threw sta travel, if I had of been booking it last week I could have got a flight on ebookers for £546 ahh well, just the insurance now and I don't have a clue what to do about that, can't go way backpackers cause they only allow me a 2 week holiday home in 2 years and iv my brother and sisters weddings to come back for, any ideas

Thats ridiculous, only a 2 week holiday in 2 years. Sure they'll never know will they??

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Cheers tutts yours will come soon mate i have been waiting nearly 3 weeks while others had it in a week:D..

Cheers sully pal ah sure what could i have done it least shes in the bag now:D

Excellant lad delighted, didn't want to sound to happy last night but **** it now wer all going to canada WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

Im still waiting...PATIENTLY:D

Im still waiting...PATIENTLY:D

Oops I thought u got yours 2 sorry lol

me to haha

Bd84 wrote: »
    Excellant lad delighted, didn't want to sound to happy last night but **** it now wer all going to canada WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol
    Cheers lad thanks its a great relief. lads i was waiting near 3 weeks i am sure yers wont be that long there geting through them now very fast:D:D

• Advertisement

Haha not yet..submitted on the 14th so hopefully soon!

Haha not yet..submitted on the 14th so hopefully soon!

There flying threw them these last few days, hopefully ul have it by the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chrismcelwee

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been resolved, but this thread is 368 pages long!

I am at the what I believe to be the very last stage in submitting my CIC application. I have uploaded all of the relevant documentation, including my police check and IEC acceptance letter. I click the "Sign" button and receive the following error:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I CANNOT figure out what is causing this. I have re-checked everything a million times. I have revoked my GCKey and re-submitted my application several times. I do not know what it is comparing the signature to, or why it mentions date of birth or place of birth, because in the signature, it doesn't ask you for this.

Has anyone else managed to resolve this? I found multiple other threads online in which people are experience this but have not yet found a resolution.

I emailed CIC but apparently there is a 20 BUSINESS day waiting period, and you know that when they respond they're just going to say that my signature details don't match my "online application", whatever that is.

HELP!

Cheers,
    Chris:mad:

which part exactly

I am on the CIC website. I have submitted all of the required documents for a working holiday visa. I am being asked to enter my Given name(s), last name and to answer the security question, that's when I get the error. Here are a couple of screenshots of what I see:

cic01.png

cic02.png

I have tried every combination of first, last and middle names that I can think of. The name I am entering is the same name on all of my official correspondence.

I receive the error when I hit the "Send" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Hi guys,

Apologies if this has already been resolved, but this thread is 368 pages long!

I am at the what I believe to be the very last stage in submitting my CIC application. I have uploaded all of the relevant documentation, including my police check and IEC acceptance letter. I click the "Sign" button and receive the following error:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I CANNOT figure out what is causing this. I have re-checked everything a million times. I have revoked my GCKey and re-submitted my application several times. I do not know what it is comparing the signature to, or why it mentions date of birth or place of birth, because in the signature, it doesn't ask you for this.

Has anyone else managed to resolve this? I found multiple other threads online in which people are experience this but have not yet found a resolution.

I emailed CIC but apparently there is a 20 BUSINESS day waiting period, and you know that when they respond they're just going to say that my signature details don't match my "online application", whatever that is.

HELP!

Cheers,
    Chris:mad:

In the screenshot it looks like you are entering all CAPS. I can't remember if that is just how it looks but have you tried just capitalizing the first letter of your first and last name? Apologies if this has been done already. I'm just going by the screenshot. :)

I have I'm afraid. Uppercase, lowercase, capitalising first letters only, changing the order of the names.

I still don't even know what it's comparing this information to. I've be stuck on click away from submitting this application for days now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PureFiji

Is the young professional visa a work permit visa?

I am asking because I am with a WHV in Canada and I have to wait until I get my YPV, which expires soon!
    Can I still work under the implied status?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

I have I'm afraid. Uppercase, lowercase, capitalising first letters only, changing the order of the names.

I still don't even know what it's comparing this information to. I've be stuck on click away from submitting this application for days now :(

Have you tried using a different internet browser? I found that I would get odd errors when using Firefox so did everything with Internet Explorer. I believe its comparing to the IMM1295 form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

Couldn't get back to sleep at stupid o clock so checked my emails there. Had a message from cic but after all the extra crap they asked me to send was like ffs what so they want now?!?! Only to give me my POE!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!! Congrats everyone.who has been waiting, especially the ever helpful and saintly patient just Ross! Anyone still waiting hang in there, I submitted 2 weeks ago today and had to resubmit my garda cert on the 18th and nz disclosure form on the 24th. I also just scanned a passport photo and didn't even look at the pixel size so don't panic bout that stuff. Wish long post! K I gotta wake up my fella on Scotland and gloat!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement