Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

ya do you think so? why? oh i forgot where you thinking of going? Calgary for me i think for starters!

you just had to look at how fast the first two waves went, 2000 is nothing, the 1000 went in a few hours.

I'm heading to Calgary thats the plan anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

gary27 wrote: »
    you just had to look at how fast the first two waves went, 2000 is nothing, the 1000 went in a few hours.

I'm heading to Calgary thats the plan anyway.

so this is the last wave and only 200 left?? christ they will go, lucky we got a great quote of 6,500 and didnt have any waves ha.

Savage, did you see the Calgary Roadhouse ;), check out in Google images! Triple vodka on Thursday nights only 5 euro, maybe 7 Canadian dollars ha :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Canada_Bound

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    dunno mate seems a few people had there visas rejected last year for having a drink driving conviction (i no of one personally) i would imagine it is for the blood alcohol levels to be compared to the canada standards be prepared though your visa might get rejected. saying that you might have no problems i suppose it really depends when it was and how high your alcohol level was.

Cheers for that JustRoss and delighted ya got yours mate, you've been a big help to many ppl here, if, by the grace of god i get in, i'll buy ya a scoop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no bods mate i hope its different but its just good to know as i said it really depends on the case years wise and the blood level i am strictly against drink driving as i am sure you are now but i think if the conviction is over a certain amount a time ye should get a break cause lets face it we all do stupid things wen where younger. and its not really fare to punish someone for ever unless its a major offence.. no prob bud and i will hold ya too it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

hi all, if anyone is interested in getting involved in soccer in Toronto, give me a shout.

• Advertisement

hi all, if anyone is interested in getting involved in soccer in Toronto, give me a shout.

Well that sounds ideal, if i do get to toronto at some stage i will give you a shout, cheers :D!

Well that sounds ideal, if i do get to toronto at some stage i will give you a shout, cheers :D!

No where near as popular:rolleyes::o but if anyone's up for a bit of trout fishing in Calgary or is there now and doing it gimme a shout:cool:;)

No where near as popular:rolleyes::o but if anyone's up for a bit of trout fishing in Calgary or is there now and doing it gimme a shout:cool:;)

I think sounds great, defo interested in that but first i will get back into the aul GAA football with the Calgary Chieftains :D!

yea i like the gaa but no good and possibly overweight and in risk of a heart attack:o first thing to kick will be the 40 a day benson and i will ramble to the training anyway:D

I will whip into shape and there be a new star in the rising, don't worry i will make sure you dragged to training with along weather you like it or not :D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hey!! My bf is mad into playing soccer and that's gona be one of the big things he is going to miss when we go!! We are heading to Toronto in June so will defo give you a shout to organise something! :)

I hate been suspened from account MYCIC for 24 hours but its my own fault but cant wait to do the last thing thing tomorrow and hopefully not wait to long :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Hi just a quick query - my sister is just submitting her application here and has taken a photograph of her passport photo to submit that - will that work or will it be too large??

no mate theres specific sizes if she has a digital camera she can mess around with the settings i want to my local photogropher and he done the whole process for me was simplY:D

Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540

Enjoy:D

Lmnover wrote: »
    Hi just a quick query - my sister is just submitting her application here and has taken a photograph of her passport photo to submit that - will that work or will it be too large??

I took a picture using a digital camera against a white or light coloured background.
    I uploaded the photo to; http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select canada and dimensions 3.5 x 4.5cm, select print size single photo, upload photo, crop it, select 600 dpi quality and select and wait for download link.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

My Girlfriend and I just got letters saying that we both require Canadian police certs. Like last year, they must be changing thing mid process! We live in Vancouver so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. This is our second year applying.

I also got a request for "Client Information". Has anyone any idea what this is and where I fill it out. My girlfriend who submitted the exact same form, got no such request. I have emailed them but god knows how long it will take for them to reply to me.

Any help appreciated

sorry i cant help ya mate but surely someone round here can all the best dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kellyp80

Your visa is valid from the day you enter Canada for two years. They are telling you that you must enter Canada on or before Feb 18, 2015 and from then you will have a valid visa for 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

When is the IEC opening up again? When did it open last?

The website says there are 0 places left.

Last year it opened in January and there were still places left months later. Or has it just not opened yet this year?

yea that's it mate:D

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    When is the IEC opening up again? When did it open last?

The website says there are 0 places left.

Last year it opened in January and there were still places left months later. Or has it just not opened yet this year?

it opened a month ago mate and the 6350 visas were gone in 4 days none left:( wont be opening again till jan/feb 2014

Sorry Kelly

Were you replying to me?

If so what do i need to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

it opened a month ago mate and the 6350 visas were gone in 4 days none left:( wont be opening again till jan/feb 2014

Jesus H.

That's mental. There'll be no one left in Ireland at this rate.

Least we got ours, eh mate :D??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

Lmnover wrote: »

I'd just go and get a new passport photo from a pharmacy, or from a machine... That's what I did. I scanned it in at 600 dpi, and uploaded it uncropped as a jpeg. Got my LOI so that worked out for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

cmac8 wrote: »
    Hi

My Girlfriend and I just got letters saying that we both require Canadian police certs. Like last year, they must be changing thing mid process! We live in Vancouver so hopefully shouldn't be a problem. This is our second year applying.

I also got a request for "Client Information". Has anyone any idea what this is and where I fill it out. My girlfriend who submitted the exact same form, got no such request. I have emailed them but god knows how long it will take for them to reply to me.

Any help appreciated

I can't believe this. I wrote to the IEC and I have it in an email from them that you don't ever need a police cert if you're already in Canada.
    This is a joke. I put my application in, without a cert based on that.
    You're right, they are changing the rules mid process. This entire process has been a joke, they didn't test it or iron out kinks. Between IEC and CIC, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    The helpline is useless, they don't know anything about the IEC visa.

I suppose I'll have to wait until they reject mine before I can present this police cert. Do you have to get one for Ireland too? Is there a charge for the Canadian police check?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

and memate, i did it before you ,,gettin restless now ,aint goin till early may .
    but freakin out hearing people that onlny applied two feckin days ago ..
    come on already :D
    I can't believe this. I wrote to the IEC and I have it in an email from them that you don't ever need a police cert if you're already in Canada.
    This is a joke. I put my application in, without a cert based on that.
    You're right, they are changing the rules mid process. This entire process has been a joke, they didn't test it or iron out kinks. Between IEC and CIC, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
    The helpline is useless, they don't know anything about the IEC visa.

I suppose I'll have to wait until they reject mine before I can present this police cert. Do you have to get one for Ireland too? Is there a charge for the Canadian police check?

FYI - Moving2Vancouver posted on the Canada IEC facebook page that an applicant who had been requested to submit a Canadian cert for previous time in Canada had his visa approved without it being submitted. With their new system this year the applications are being sent to different visa offices around the world to be processed quicker. I'm guessing the offices that do not have a lot of experience with this type of visa are the ones requesting the Canadian police cert. It's an unfortunate learning curve we have to deal with while they go through these applications. Others have reported that when they did get the Canadian police cert when going to upload Canada isn't even an option to select as the issuing country. So it appears to be a mistake on the requesting agents part. Hope they have sent a memo out to all offices on this topic so no one else stresses out about it! :D

I am going to call into a police station after work and see what the process is? I have gotten an Irish one already so ill just rescan both of them.

My main concern is the "Client Information" as I havent got a clue what this is about or where I fill it out

Have you any idea what "Client info" might be about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

cmac8 wrote: »
    Have you any idea what "Client info" might be about?
    where's that at?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement