Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I was like that last night, they're def doing them in batches anyway and all my stuff comes through around one in the morning here... Keep the faith :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

del777 wrote: »
    Congrats everybody... Im nearly crying with my severe lack of patience!!! ;)
    media101 wrote: »
    im in the same boat!! but no news is good news, they will eventually get round to our applications ...

Hang in there mine three weeks and it finally arived last night:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Got my POE!! So after waiting almost a year after last years disaster I finally have my visa! Want to thank my local TD to assures me he played a big part in getting the habitually residency clause removed from this years application process. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Congrats dude so who submitted there application at the start of feb? anyone else still waiting?:D

Such a relief mate i got mine Wednesday great to see that POE message:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Congrats dude so who submitted there application at the start of feb? anyone else still waiting?:D

Such a relief mate i got mine Wednesday great to see that POE message:D

you get the email notification in your personal email acc for POE message?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yep personal email saying there's a message in the my cic account:D

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yep personal email saying there's a message in the my cic account:D

looking forward to seeing that email the most, hope everything goes alright and for everybody else still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

gary27 wrote: »
    looking forward to seeing that email the most, hope everything goes alright and for everybody else still waiting.

How long you been waiting now Gary27?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

I have a little tip for you, if you get an email from them during the night, dont open it! you wont be able to go back to sleep with excitement. Best turn off your data when going to bed! :)

del777 wrote: »
    How long you been waiting now Gary27?

since the 19th not as long as some but still want the poe soon, yourself?

• Advertisement

I have a little tip for you, if you get an email from them during the night, dont open it! you wont be able to go back to sleep with excitement. Best turn off your data when going to bed! :)

I would say that would be impossible for me :D not to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

since the 19th not as long as some but still want the poe soon, yourself?

same not too long... the 21st so only really a week- it will be here soon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

Congrats to everyone who got it and hang on in there to everyone else pending!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KayleyLD

Hey Guys, ye've probably answered this before but is anybody using a 3rd party organisation like visa first/ usit etc? Any email i receive from the Kompass account has to be forwarded on to them. The last email i received was on the 14th of Feb and when I rang them up they send I'm in stage 2 now and just have to wait. Havn't heard anything since, duno what's going on! Does anyone know the processing times? I seen many of ye have got yer visa's already, congrats by the way. I'm worried I may have to complete a medical which will delay my application, and I'm leaving on the 3rd of April :/

KayleyLD wrote: »
    Hey Guys, ye've probably answered this before but is anybody using a 3rd party organisation like visa first/ usit etc? Any email i receive from the Kompass account has to be forwarded on to them. The last email i received was on the 14th of Feb and when I rang them up they send I'm in stage 2 now and just have to wait. Havn't heard anything since, duno what's going on! Does anyone know the processing times? I seen many of ye have got yer visa's already, congrats by the way. I'm worried I may have to complete a medical which will delay my application, and I'm leaving on the 3rd of April :/

have a look at the iec timeline thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

Thanks gary27. I've no idea what my timeline would be like as I just sent everything to visa first and they said they'd take care of it! I was thinking because I used a 3rd party that I may be waiting longer than those who directly applied to the IEC.

Thanks gary27. I've no idea what my timeline would be like as I just sent everything to visa first and they said they'd take care of it! I was thinking because I used a 3rd party that I may be waiting longer than those who directly applied to the IEC.

do you not have a kompass acc and mycic acc, does visafirst have these which would seem strange to me?

I know I have a Kompass account, but I don'y know about the 2nd one! I have no access to either of them anyway, any email i received from the kompass acc. had to be forwarded to visafirst. No idea what was contained in any of the emails either. The last time I spoke to them they just said I had to wait! patience isn't my strongest suit!

I know I have a Kompass account, but I don'y know about the 2nd one! I have no access to either of them anyway, any email i received from the kompass acc. had to be forwarded to visafirst. No idea what was contained in any of the emails either. The last time I spoke to them they just said I had to wait! patience isn't my strongest suit!

ok, is it legal that they can apply on your behalf?
    how much did they charge you for their services?

yeh i believe it is! they said on their site that they help people through the process of applying for a visa. Like i filled out all the forms and that, I just had to scan them and send them of to visafirst to check, and they said they'll forward them on to the IEC once everythings right! I though it was a good idea at the time. I applied for a 2 year visa and I think they charged me 350euro!

• Advertisement

yeh i believe it is! they said on their site that they help people through the process of applying for a visa. Like i filled out all the forms and that, I just had to scan them and send them of to visafirst to check, and they said they'll forward them on to the IEC once everythings right! I though it was a good idea at the time. I applied for a 2 year visa and I think they charged me 350euro!

thats a lot, am guessing it included the 120 visa fee, so they are charging you 230 euro to do the paperwork online submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

I applied for a 2 year visa and I think they charged me 350euro!

Robbing B*****DS it was only 120EURO for the visa to apply on your own. Does some of that go towards flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

SAKBOUND wrote: »
    Robbing B*****DS it was only 120EURO for the visa to apply on your own. Does some of that go towards flights?

There's none worse than Global Visas. I made that fatal mistake two years ago, when I didn't know anything about the IEC. They cost me my first two applications because they are are shower of robbing ******** and total *******.
    That said, a year on, I got my money back, expenses reimbursed, compensation for the inconvience. It was a total pain and really stressed me out but I went after them like a woman possessed!
    I contacted the UK police who went down to their offices!
    I reported them to the Ombudsman, went through the small claims court here and had AIB visa card services go after them too.

GLOBAL VISAS SUCK!

wow they really did overcharge me! i didnt realise, i thought that was how much the visa cost! How niave. no none of it goes towards my flights, they were bought separately. I have to go over at the start of april for 2 months for college, and i was hoping to stay over there longer after i was finished, so that's why i applied for the visa!

wow they really did overcharge me! i didnt realise, i thought that was how much the visa cost! How niave. no none of it goes towards my flights, they were bought separately. I have to go over at the start of april for 2 months for college, and i was hoping to stay over there longer after i was finished, so that's why i applied for the visa!

I feel these crowds that offer visa services are becoming obsolete the more we move towards online visa submissions, and when people learn how easy it is do it themselves and how much money they can save.

I do feel sorry for yourselve and to all the other people at how much these companies charged them.

well only myself to blame as they say! I though it would be easier/handier that way! Really do hope I have it sorted before I go, dont want all that hassle when Im over there! thanks for the help though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Yeah I turned my data off every night but last night I had it on cause I was doing work then the email came. Was up till half 3 this morning couldn't sleep was abs buzzing, then hada get up for work at 8am. Wish I had it turned off, knackered now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

thats a lot, am guessing it included the 120 visa fee, so they are charging you 230 euro to do the paperwork online submission.

Nope. I applied with USIT and you pay the 120E separately.
    I would never apply with them again. Not only has it cost me an extra 300E for absolutely nothing, I mean, im at a total loss to see what exactly they did for me, they dont do the paperwork or anything, just direct you to a few sites,but they nearly lost me my place on the course altogether.
    I rang them up after I had paid the 300E and they said that was all I had to do.
    Next thing i get an email at 9 oclock at night the day after submissions opened telling me to apply as quickly as possible, that some people had been given the wrong info. I was number 6500 when I applied, got in by the skin of my teeth.
    Never, ever again.

I was number 6500 when I applied, got in by the skin of my teeth.
    Never, ever again.

sorry to hear that, so your on a waiting list as your number is above 6350 so you have to see if other people drop out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

sorry to hear that, so your on a waiting list as your number is above 6350 so you have to see if other people drop out?

That's what i thought at first but it seems not. I've paid all my fees, submitted myCIC documents and am now just waiting to hear back.
    Really cant take the waiting as I have an incident on my police cert and I keep getting different info from people on what is and isnt a big deal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement