Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Just a quick note - I wrote to the superintendent of my local Garda station this week and put all the stuff they requested on the Garda website on the letter, including a copy of my passport. They phoned today looking for a copy of my birth cert (even though it says on the webpage it's optional) and they couldn't process until they received it. I you have yours handy it might be a good idea to bring it with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

thank you sir. just had to make sure i was on the right path before hitting the super up :D

No bother, have basic template request letter if you need one:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

archicraft wrote: »
    No bother, have basic template request letter if you need one:)

yes please! would be great

yes please! would be great

as i said basic, but its all you need:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

as i said basic, but its all you need:)

thanks a million buddy. that's very helpful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

mmm88 wrote: »
    I would imagine you would be ok?? Was looking it up and can't find anything to say otherwise? How long were you waiting for your Police Cert to come back as a matter of interest? :confused:

it took about 5 days from ringsend garda station ..where did you see the information on the cert ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cypressg

Are there pixel,image size requirements when you scan your birthcert and passport? (the same way there are for the scanning of the passport photos)
    And does everything have to be scanned in black and white or colour?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According to USIT they said it should be open in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Curious lads. I got my passport today :D so I am able to log into my CIC now. I did the questionaire thingy and got took to the list of documents you need to upload. did anyone bother filling out the imm1295 form at the top of the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Batigol309

Im having a bit of a breakdown about the application at the moment. I had thought it would have been well open and Id have everything submitted by now...but Im flying to Central America tomorrow which I had planned since before Xmas...

Ive left the stuff there for my brother (scans of passport, birth cert, pics) but Im so worried that things will change and he wont be able to fill out the stuff correctly......and I wont have access to good computers over.....

I should be excited but this IEC has got me all stressed and worried....RANT OVER :) Just hope they arent ridiculously strict with applications or else Im going to be f'ked

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    Curious lads. I got my passport today :D so I am able to log into my CIC now. I did the questionaire thingy and got took to the list of documents you need to upload. did anyone bother filling out the imm1295 form at the top of the list?

Yeah but just for practice, i wouldnt be uploading it!! ;)

What would you put for the questions about intended work in can? the what occupation are you and where in can? Cos I don't know what or where I wanna do/go yet!

Also I said no in the questionaire about live in caregiver exp cos I was thinking with elderly or something, but now I see childcare is included. Well I am a qualified childcare practioner, but want nothing to do with that over there. I don't know if I answered properly now

hdowney wrote: »
    What would you put for the questions about intended work in can? the what occupation are you and where in can? Cos I don't know what or where I wanna do/go yet!

Also I said no in the questionaire about live in caregiver exp cos I was thinking with elderly or something, but now I see childcare is included. Well I am a qualified childcare practioner, but want nothing to do with that over there. I don't know if I answered properly now

Unknown, unknown & unknown....live in caregiver box should then gray its self out!

Hey guys any more ideas on the below query would be great ?

Hi Guys...quick question I got my police cert back but it is missing my middle name. My passport has my middle name on it do you think this will be an issue for the visa?. The dates of birth and everything else are correct its just the middle name missing.

hegarty147 wrote: »

Hi Guys...quick question I got my police cert back but it is missing my middle name. My passport has my middle name on it do you think this will be an issue for the visa?. The dates of birth and everything else are correct its just the middle name missing.

If I was you I would go back to the Garda station & get i sorted,just to be on the safe side. It shouldnt take anymore than 15 mins to edit a worddoc & print.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea mate i would change everything to have ur middle name included i am in the same boat and have my middle name on all my documents just to be on the safe side can always remove it from CV if want lol

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

Just checked my police cert and it doesn't have my middle name included either. I got mine done in the local station of my hometown over christmas, I no longer reside there so going back down there just to get this sorted seems like a lot of hassle. I wonder how strict they will be about it...

Karbolt wrote: »
    Just checked my police cert and it doesn't have my middle name included either. I got mine done in the local station of my hometown over christmas, I no longer reside there so going back down there just to get this sorted seems like a lot of hassle. I wonder how strict they will be about it...

Yes I am the same as you. I rang go for less and they said it would be no issue and the gardai said it would be no issue either. I have googled it and it seems it has never arisen so I hope it is nothing. I am going to just go with what I have got they would have to be some pr*cks to reject me on this as it does not state your middle name has to be included

If I was you I would go back to the Garda station & get i sorted,just to be on the safe side. It shouldnt take anymore than 15 mins to edit a worddoc & print.

cheers but not as simple as that. It has to be sent away all over again and I have to wait for it. Really unsure what to do if visa opens this weekend should I wait or just submit what I have. The garda's couldnt understand why I wanted another one but I guess they dont know

cheers but not as simple as that. It has to be sent away all over again and I have to wait for it. Really unsure what to do if visa opens this weekend should I wait or just submit what I have. The garda's couldnt understand why I wanted another one but I guess they dont know

dont think they have to send it back to vetting in thurles to do that....they didnt with me anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This police cert name thing is a worry now for me, am still waiting on it, a friend is speeding it up for me (he is a Garda) but I am not sure if my middle name is on it, balls anyway! I DO NO WANT TO MISS OUT ON A VISA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea i was the same with the cert as it didnt match the name on my passport so i went in and got a new one with my middle name on it. it only took 4 days to get my cert dunno why its takeing other stations so long. the super must be awful lazy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Lads i got a visa last year with a police cert without my middle name on it. Calm down, theres an awful lot of panicking going on about this visa, they wont fly out that quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Gintonious wrote: »
    This police cert name thing is a worry now for me, am still waiting on it, a friend is speeding it up for me (he is a Garda) but I am not sure if my middle name is on it, balls anyway! I DO NO WANT TO MISS OUT ON A VISA!

i wouldnt say the middle name matters at all, i have the same on mine, passport and birth cert show middle name, police clearance from oz and ireland dont show it, i dont think they'd be too pedantic, im sure they understand that you wouldnt be known to the gardai by your full name including your middle name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

m.j.w wrote: »
    Lads i got a visa last year with a police cert without my middle name on it. Calm down, theres an awful lot of panicking going on about this visa, they wont fly out that quick!

i wouldnt panic either but they will go quick, think of all the new irish applicants plus the applicants in canada on the 1 year already, id say the 7,400 wont be hanging around too long!!

Gintonious wrote: »

if your middle name is not on the police cert thats an error on their part( obviously), besides they got a photocopy of your passport ,with the request, which had your full name on it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PrettyPolly155

I had a question last week about the Police Cert so I emailed the IEC as I couldn't find the answer on the website. I sent the query to ldn.iec@international.gc.ca and they got back to me super fast. I put 'Police Cert Query - Answer not on Website' as the subject so they would read it.

Wouldn't hurt to send a mail just for your own piece of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

i wouldnt panic either but they will go quick, think of all the new irish applicants plus the applicants in canada on the 1 year already, id say the 7,400 wont be hanging around too long!!

Yeh its the same every year, theres more visas this year.

Its the same with the CAO and college places everyone panics, by the time the places are offered everyones calmed down and don't even want to start, first week a couple are gone and by the end of year one over a third have dropped out.

Everyone will say their going but they won't actually go through with it.

Relax, calm down, if you apply early you will get a visa.

For me I put My first and last names down for my passport as that is what I am known as, but there was a box you could tick if you wanted it noted on your passport that your birth cert says first middle last name. Well passport arrived today with first and last name, and not a mention anywhere of my middle name thing! I'd complain but I don't wanna wait on a new passport and I don't see it being a problem hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Has anyone started to fill out and upload forms yet? I was going to crack on with it tonight but this was on the CIC section for uploading stuff
    **Due to technical difficulties, the "View Documents" button may not be available. We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement