Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

That's what i thought at first but it seems not. I've paid all my fees, submitted myCIC documents and am now just waiting to hear back.
    Really cant take the waiting as I have an incident on my police cert and I keep getting different info from people on what is and isnt a big deal

there probably was 150 people who dropped out and didn't pay in the time frame, so there is hope for people above the 6350 number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

did you get your condational acceptance letter and all?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

gary27 wrote: »
    there probably was 150 people who dropped out and didn't pay in the time frame, so there is hope for people above the 6350 number.

well like I say I was 6500 odd and it seems that the only thing that could stop me now is the police cert.
    Everything else went through as normal, i was never put on a waiting list or anything, so Id say youd still be in with a decent shot well up to 7000

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    did you get your condational acceptance letter and all?:D

yup, the whole works, ive submitted my myCIC applications and all. just waiting on the final decision now

bejeezus congrats as long as your police cert isn't to do with assault or drink driving you should be ok:D

• Advertisement

bejeezus congrats as long as your police cert isn't to do with assault or drink driving you should be ok:D

Yeah it's assault. I explained it to the USIT people and they said to put it in with an explanation. I never actually physically touched anyone. I raised my hand and it got counted as assault. Six bloody years ago in uni as well.
    They've told me it's 10 to 1 that I'll get in but it's worth a shot.
    So, some good news there for whoever is 6501.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Many of you heading to the RDS tomorrow/Sunday?? :)

Yeap tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Gona head up to it myself and see whats it like, went to one in Croker about two weeks ago and it was c**p!! Tomorrow looks fair good though, some list of employers!
    you can pay at the door ye??

Nah, i went to the last one and there wasnt much for me there. More trades and highly skilled people. Surprisingly, not many canadian companies have a hole in their business the size of a tubby journalist who drinks too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Finally got all my CIC stuff submitted. When I went to the FAQ to see how long it normally takes them to process these applications it said 13 months.
    Did I just click on the wrong thing or something? Does it really take that long?
    How long have other people had to wait?

i was waiting 10 days for mine, from as far as i can see thats about the average time people on here have been waiting. the cic and iec say the whole process can take up to 3 months though. that counts in from as soon as you submit your stuff to the iec so id imagine you wont be waiting too long to hear back from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

All systems go :D, about to do my electronic signature :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Just got my POE....Happy days:D

Congrats buddy:D:D

this comes up

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

but i have, i checked my pdf of the form and checked the names and security question is right, help!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Congrats buddy:D:D

Cheers bud ill enjoy few beers tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

Out of curiosity is anyone on here who got their POE already in Canada and applying for their 2nd IEC visa? The approval process seems to be much slower for those of us who are.

this comes up

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

but i have, i checked my pdf of the form and checked the names and security question is right, help!

That came up for me a few times, you have to make sure that you have written your name exactly as it's on your passport.

So mine went...

Given Names - James Patrick

Surname - McGyver.

(Note: This is an example, my name is not James Patrick McGyver)

thanks i will try that

on the form its like

full name given names
    1. shane o neil shane james

thats not my real name but i save the form as the pdf and then what would i type into the given names on my cic thing?

• Advertisement

on the form its like

full name given names
    1. shane o neil shane james

thats not my real name but i save the form as the pdf and then what would i type into the given names on my cic thing?

Are you sure it's saying full name and not Surname. In which case it would be

Given names - Shane James
    Surname - O'Neill

make sure it's written exactly as it is on your passport.

Yea given name is like gaylord adam
    And surname is like murphy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 howlermonkey

Just submitted my application :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chris27091992

Ok so I got the POI introduction letter and and application number through my CIC.Is the application number the same as the work permit file number?anybody know what to do next?
    Thanks in advance

when you get the conformation message that you have submitted stage 2 of the my cic. there is an application number on this. thats the number you update into the iec kompass account as your cic file number:D

Ok so I got the POI introduction letter and and application number through my CIC.Is the application number the same as the work permit file number?anybody know what to do next?
    Thanks in advance

are you finished the entire process and got the POE letter of introduction to take to the canadian border?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 chris27091992

gary27 wrote: »
    are you finished the entire process and got the POE letter of introduction to take to the canadian border?
    I dont think im finished,ive recieved the letter to bring to the canaduian border but im still not finished the application with my iec kompass account.

I dont think im finished,ive recieved the letter to bring to the canaduian border but im still not finished the application with my iec kompass account.

the application number which begins with a letter w, copy it into kompass, myprofile, update cic number and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Bd84

Is anyone else's iec account still saying pending even though they've received the POE,

• Advertisement

Bd84 wrote: »
    Is anyone else's iec account still saying pending even though they've received the POE,
    Yup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement