Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

flight booked Toronto 30th april ,,230euro cheap enough
    no going back now

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

EvilDead13 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity is anyone on here who got their POE already in Canada and applying for their 2nd IEC visa? The approval process seems to be much slower for those of us who are.

Hi there,
    I'm in Canada and still waiting. Not complaining as long as it goes smoothly, but I know what you're saying, it appears we are taking longer.
    On the IEC Move 2 Vancouver FB page, a poster there suggested that the repeats are being processed in the New York office. So, we're probably in a busy batch, plus, imagine, anyone who is here already, is probably trying to stay. I wonder are we the bulk of applications? It would be interesting to know...

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

Does anybody know if it matters if you arrive at a different port of entry from the one you put down in the application? I put down Vancouver as I thought that's where I was going, but found out I have a job in Calgary.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

ukulayla wrote: »
    Does anybody know if it matters if you arrive at a different port of entry from the one you put down in the application? I put down Vancouver as I thought that's where I was going, but found out I have a job in Calgary.

I wouldn't say it would matter, if they do ask you have a job in Calgary.

May I ask what line of work you in?

adventure tourism :)
    the company I worked for in NZ are setting up in Calgary around the time I'm heading over and thought it would be a good idea to have somebody with experience on the job for the first season. So lucky I can't believe it, otherwise was gonna be September before I'd have enough cash to go but with a job waiting for me I can go in May

• Advertisement

adventure tourism :)
    the company I worked for in NZ are setting up in Calgary around the time I'm heading over and thought it would be a good idea to have somebody with experience on the job for the first season. So lucky I can't believe it, otherwise was gonna be September before I'd have enough cash to go but with a job waiting for me I can go in May

thats brillant, when you heading?

Hopefully gonna fly mid May, still waiting on the fella to get his visa before booking a flight. he was one of the first 1000 UK ones. Has his conditional acceptance (got it and payment verified in total about 3 days!) but waiting ages on Police Cert so hasn't applied through cic yet.

Hopefully gonna fly mid May, still waiting on the fella to get his visa before booking a flight. he was one of the first 1000 UK ones. Has his conditional acceptance (got it and payment verified in total about 3 days!) but waiting ages on Police Cert so hasn't applied through cic yet.

3 days is quick, mines took 2 weeks for payment verified almost don't like talking about it :D
    best of luck in Calgary, i probably be there before you if i get the POE.

I'm sure it'll come any day now, they seem to have gotten off their arses at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Please post your timelines here. It would be good if ye could all specify where ye applied from too, that would give a good indication of the timelines from those applying while still on another IEC etc... So for those who've already posted, please update. Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Hi All, don't forget to post your application timelines here to help everyone else out! Thanks:)

Don't forget to post your timelines here lads/ladies. Thanks.

Don't forget to post your timelines here lads/ladies. It helps with knowing what to expect. Thanks:)

Please post your timelines here. It would be good if ye could all specify where ye applied from too, that would give a good indication of the timelines from those applying while still on another IEC etc... So for those who've already posted, please update. Thanks.

MOD NOTE:
    We get it.
    Now STOP dragging this thread Off Topic by referencing the other thread constantly.
    The other thread is clearly visible on the 1st page of the forum, it's not difficult to find.
    Do it again in this thread and I WILL take action.
    And questions/comments P/M me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Panthro wrote: »
    MOD NOTE:
    We get it.
    Now STOP dragging this thread Off Topic by referencing the other thread constantly.
    The other thread is clearly visible on the 1st page of the forum, it's not difficult to find.
    Do it again in this thread and I WILL take action.
    And questions/comments P/M me.
    :rolleyes: dont worry panthro your visa is coming soon then you will be able to post in that thread;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

gary27 wrote: »
    the application number which begins with a letter w, copy it into kompass, myprofile, update cic number and so on.

Thank God for you. I had no idea I had to do any of that.
    This thread has been more help than USIT and it didn't cost me E300.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

got my POE! absolutely delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

having difficulty signing my stage 2 application it keeps saying the name is wrong is anyone else having this problem. I have tried every variation of the name but it doesn't seem to be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lschroder_1

Just wondering how you know what number you are on the waiting list? One guy said he was #6500? How many application do they allow before they tell you the quota is full.....like we applied via the poland IEC and are now just pending...waiting on a letter to tell us how to pay. We have a Kompass account number and have been issued a WTN but still have not paid.
    On another note i am canadian and live in Winnipeg Manitoba...anyone coming here? Also if you have qestions about Canada let me know i'll see if i can! The best jobs are on. .. jobbank.gc.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Anyone having trouble logging in to the CIC today?

shes slow today mate i am aswell dunno why i am evening bother i have the poe lol:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Neverlookback

Is anyone going to the Working Abroad Expo in Dublin today or tomorrow? We went the one last year and got a good bit of info on applying for visa and such. There were plenty of companies there but no real job offers because of the lack of visa/work permit problem... just send your cv in and we"ll get back to you sort of thing. I'd like to know if this time round if you have most of visa/work permit papers in order will there be any firm offers from any companies there. Would really appreciate if anyone could post their feedback just to know if its worth our while queuing for tomorrow's one.

Thanks

was meant to go today but missed the fooking train tomorrows still in the cards:D i sent emails to the jobs and they wanted me to have 3 years plus after being qualified as a sparky which i don't have so that kind of turned me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I'll give it a go later on, as long as I submit this weekend Ill be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Just wondering how you know what number you are on the waiting list? One guy said he was #6500? How many application do they allow before they tell you the quota is full.....like we applied via the poland IEC and are now just pending...waiting on a letter to tell us how to pay. We have a Kompass account number and have been issued a WTN but still have not paid.
    On another note i am canadian and live in Winnipeg Manitoba...anyone coming here? Also if you have qestions about Canada let me know i'll see if i can! The best jobs are on. .. jobbank.gc.ca

Whatever yout WTN number is then thats your number on the waiting list. My WTN is somewhere in the 6900's so about 500 people need to drop out or not be accepted for me to apply. The allocation for visas this year is 6350. Just have to sit tight. They seem though to be processing the visas a lot faster this year compared to last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cazzymaz

Hi
    Congrats to all who got their visas. Are people just buying one way tickets to Canada. Do ye think this will be an issue at customs??

Cazzymaz wrote: »
    Hi
    Congrats to all who got their visas. Are people just buying one way tickets to Canada. Do ye think this will be an issue at customs??

one way ticket, i don't think they will be looking for a return ticket as its a 2 year visa and as long as you have the correct funds and insurance you should have no problems at customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Cazzymaz wrote: »
    Hi
    Nah, its not an issue but you need to have the proper insurance or youre going nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elflass

Review of today's Expo!!!

Hey everyone, here's my account of today's expo.

My hubby and I arrived at car park 1 at 9am and it was full. Was directed to another one and there was loads of spaces.

Lines/waiting/queues
    We then walked over to the RDS, got in line behind approx 2/300 others and then a guy cme and told us all that this line was for prepaid only. Was redirected to another line as we hadn't paidand there was approx 200 in front of us. Waited for 40 mins, got in at 10.10 and by 10.30 it was packed (but totally manageable). my advice is to get their early as hubby had to wait just 15/20 mins tops to chat to the companies he's interested in.

Btw, there was a coffee stand at each line too.

Recruitment/jobs
    If you are a welder/ farm machinist or have a trade with experience; your IEC visa; and can leave tomorrow night, then you caould prob line yourself up for a job to start on Monday!

There was nothing there for me today as I work in mar/comms, so when hubby was chatting engineering co,s , I went around and chatted those at the quieter stands. I heard one woman asking a lad if he could start a job asap in EDminton, changing oil in cars for 16$ per hour. Another woman asked me to tell every farm mechanic I know to send their visas her way (maybe there's one among ye!). There are based in Saskatchewan.

There are interview rooms there and I saw some companies quickly reviewing cvs and bringing people in for interviews so be prepared!

Hubby's experience of chatting the engineering/pm co.s is that the bulk of these jobs are based in the west of Canada and the main reason they're at the expo this weekend is to hire tradespeople.

Talks/other services
    Went to a talk on how to become to migrate to Canada and it was informative. There seemed to be plenty of talks going on, on Aus and NZ too.

Was hoping to talk to companies selling phone packages/ insurance/ banks etc but couldn't find any. There is a removal co there.

Anyways that's my 2c worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I am still having trouble with my signature yoke, i have the pdf open and my cic thing and they are exactly the same given names and surname with capitals and fadas and whatever else, exactly the same, why cant sign this bloody thing, help!!

I am still having trouble with my signature yoke, i have the pdf open and my cic thing and they are exactly the same given names and surname with capitals and fadas and whatever else, exactly the same, why cant sign this bloody thing, help!!

if its the 1295 form you don't sign it, is it giving an error when uploading?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

gary27 wrote: »
    if its the 1295 form you don't sign it, is it giving an error when uploading?

no i have upload the form and it accepted it, its the next page when it says

Declaration of Applicant

I have read and understand the above Notice Regarding Personal Information.

I declare that the information I have given in this application is truthful, complete and correct.

I understand that misrepresentation is an offence under section 127 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and may result in a finding of inadmissibility to Canada or removal from Canada.
    I agree that by typing my name and clicking sign, I am electronically signing my application.

Select

Signature I agree that by submitting this application, I am electronically signing the application. I ,

Given Name(s) TimothyRichard
    Last Name O'Connell
    , solemnly declare that the information I have provided is true and that the documents I am submitting in support of my application are genuine and have not been altered in any way. (that is my real name abd its like on the form of imm1295 (which has been saved),

Security Question
    Favourite football team

• Advertisement

Write Richard timothy and see if it works:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement