Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

mairemoo wrote: »
    hmmm well I've been following a group on Facebook, Canada IEC 2012, and someone from IEC seems to be replying to some posts on the group so maybe chance your arm and contact her through that maybe??

I have done already, still waiting on any response other than 'keep waiting', though.

Thanks guys, just needed somewhere to vent:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 alanmc87

So i had just started stage 2 for the IEC and when i started my CIC account this came up.

Just wondering if anyone knows what to do?
    Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

We used your answers to see if you may qualify for any of Canada's primary immigration programs. Based on your answers, it appears that you are not eligible to immigrate to Canada at this time under a federal program.
    It is possible that a change in your situation could make you eligible (for instance, if you want to study in Canada you may become eligible if you are accepted into a study program). Your specific situation may alter your results.
    You can find out more about requirements for studying, working or visiting Canada on this website temporarily.
    Most provinces have special programs to help people move there. In most cases, you must already have a job offer, an investment plan or work experience in the specific province. The rules for application are different for each province.
    Many provinces also recruit workers based on labour shortages. You can check the websites below to see which skills are needed in each province and if you are eligible to apply.
    (Note: these programs are limited in numbers.)

· Alberta
    · British Columbia
    · Manitoba
    · New Brunswick
    · Newfoundland and Labrador
    · Nova Scotia
    · Ontario
    · Prince Edward Island
    · Québec
    · Saskatchewan
    · Yukon

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the_seeker_who

Got my POE/LOI just now! F**k yeah!

For anyone that is intereseted here are my timelines.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

I am nearly there but of course another problem, anyone shed some light on this, ive tried putting my name and middle name in the given name section but its not working either way aaargh.....

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

i am in the exact same situation, i tried nearly everything, still doesn't do it!

• Advertisement

Feck sake i thought I was over with problems! What are we doing wrong??:confused:

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Feck sake i thought I was over with problems! What are we doing wrong??:confused:

I really dont know! so did i, i feel like that i will out getting a visa if its not sorted :/

Will just have to keep persisting and trying it but its not like we can change a whole lot, just name and security question.. tried looking back through 1295 form to see what way my name was on that and it was blank when i opened it? dunno what happened there!! aargh........... if i get it working i will post here to let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

I really dont know! so did i, i feel like that i will out getting a visa if its not sorted :/

To save yourselves hassle, would it not be easier to create another cic account and upload everything again?

I dunno, im afraid to look back now at this stage, it was enough trouble trying to upload the family forms etc i was so relieved when they uploaded successfully, i cant face the thought of having to go back and start a new CIC.. the same thing will prob happen again,, someone must know.. surely its happened to lots of people??

• Advertisement

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    To save yourselves hassle, would it not be easier to create another cic account and upload everything again?
    ya i set up a new one and it worked, thanks a million :D, this came up :D

Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your application.

Step 1:

You will receive a message in MyCIC shortly with your confirmation number. Keep that confirmation number for your records.

Step 2
    If we need more information from you or have reached a decision, we will communicate with you through messages in your MyCIC account. You will be notified by email each time we send a new message to you in MyCIC.
    Please do not send your passport or any documents to a CIC office unless it is requested by CIC. We will contact you if your passport or additional documents are required.

Step 3
    Processing times vary. Check how long it typically takes CIC to process an application.

Step 4:

Please take a few moments to rate your experience with us today.

Good stuff, hopefully you get your LOI soon then :D:D:D

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Good stuff, hopefully you get your LOI soon then :D:D:D

ya 2 weeks time hopefully :D! Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciaran20041329

well lads. im stressing out here, i had fierce trouble uploading my files (specifically the Imm1295) but i managed to get through that eventually. Unfortunately, i cant complete my application as there is no continue button? there os nothing allowing me to proceed onto the next step? Does anybody know whats going on? anyone had this issue already?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

How have people signed the forms for the MyCIC section?

Im wanting to send everything through email if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Well, after weeks upon weeks of BOI sort code issues, which form, do you sign/print etc, I've received the letter and been approved. Happiest of days

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

I am nearly there but of course another problem, anyone shed some light on this, ive tried putting my name and middle name in the given name section but its not working either way aaargh.....

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I got that when I electronically signed with just my christian name and surname. I then did my christian name middle name and surname and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

Anyone know how i should go about electronically signing the mycic forms?

Additionally, how can i provide the police form? Can i scan that and upload it as well?

Starkey18 wrote: »
    How have people signed the forms for the MyCIC section?

Im wanting to send everything through email if possible.

Why are you emailing them? Once you create the CIC account you upload the PDFs to the website
    Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Well, after weeks upon weeks of BOI sort code issues, which form, do you sign/print etc, I've received the letter and been approved. Happiest of days

1295 and/or 5707/5645. Some people filled in the 5707 and got LOI and some the 5645 and got the LOI
    Starkey18 wrote: »
    Anyone know how i should go about electronically signing the mycic forms?

Additionally, how can i provide the police form? Can i scan that and upload it as well?

Everything is digitally signed at the end. Have you got you police clearance? just scan it and upload it to the correct section on your CIC account

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Got my POE last night! Day 13!! :D I'm delighted!

Thanks to everyone on here for all their help throughout the process. I didn't need to ask too many questions as there was so much information available. Thanks everyone for the help and entertainment! :)

Best of luck to everyone with their new lives across the big pond! :)

Niagara here I come! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Congrats dude all the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

This is maybe a really silly question.. I got my LOI and i'm just wondering if there is anything I need to do now in my IEC account as it showing on there final discission still pending....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

I took a picture using a digital camera against a white or light coloured background.
    I uploaded the photo to; http://www.idphoto4you.com/

select canada and dimensions 3.5 x 4.5cm, select print size single photo, upload photo, crop it, select 600 dpi quality and select and wait for download link.

Thanks for putting this up- really helped. Can I just ask-did you make any amendments after the upload? For example, I erased the other 3 on the page in Paint and uploaded just the one photo instead of 4- but I noticed this reduces the file size below what the requirements state...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

meelyb wrote: »
    Thanks for putting this up- really helped. Can I just ask-did you make any amendments after the upload? For example, I erased the other 3 on the page in Paint and uploaded just the one photo instead of 4- but I noticed this reduces the file size below what the requirements state...

under print size on the website there is single photo option select that.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

gary27 wrote: »
    under print size on the website there is single photo option select that.

Thanks a mil Gary

AE56 wrote: »
    This is maybe a really silly question.. I got my LOI and i'm just wondering if there is anything I need to do now in my IEC account as it showing on there final discission still pending....

mate did you update your kompass account cic file number when you first submitted your my cic documents. if you did then you just wait mine still says pending it must take them a few days to come in sync with each other:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    mate did you update your kompass account cic file number when you first submitted your my cic documents. if you did then you just wait mine still says pending it must take them a few days to come in sync with each other:D

awh... yip I had updated it.. I have been checking my IEC everyday since getting LOI on Thursday and was starting to worry .... thats great as long as I know there isn't something else I need to be doing :):):):)

no were all in the same boat dude its grand:D

No problem :D. hope everything worked out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Random question..... Anybody ever heard of St Brieux in Saskatchewan??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement