Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea i heard of it before its meant to be tiny think 600 peeps living there:o had a mate that worked for Bourgault for a while he has since moved on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

thats where the BF is testing for today... what did your mate think of it?? PM if you can :)

taught they were grand he was a plumber/gas fitter with them doing maintenance in there factory i think they do all farm machinery i think so they be big for welders/assemblers i would imagine. work conditions were good and so were pay overall he liked it but he decided to move on just as he wanted to live near the city as its small and didn't seem to be many his age so he found him self working and having no real mates his age after work. i think its around 150 miles from regina.:D best of luck with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    To save yourselves hassle, would it not be easier to create another cic account and upload everything again?

Ok looks like I will have to, how do i create a new CIC account? do i need to re-register for the gc thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Ok looks like I will have to, how do i create a new CIC account? do i need to re-register for the gc thing??

yep you basically start a fresh and just upload all your documents again. You can revoke your initial gc key so there is no confusion. Just make sure you use the full name in your passport when registering for the gc key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

just click register on the my cic after clicking new gc key sign, register will be underlined in a few sentences down.

ok so do I delete the online application thats 'in progress'? cause everytime i go into the register section it automatically brings up my email address and application and there is an option to delete it? just wanna make suer before i delete it..

just click register on the my cic after clicking new gc key sign, register will be underlined in a few sentences down.
    Thanks a mil! now ive uploaded everything except my photo which is on my computer at home, so fingers crossed it will go through for me this evening when i try again thanks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Just received LOI/POE last night!! Get in!!! Thanks to all people who contributed to this thread, it has been a great source of information.

Has anybody that has received their LOIs gone yet? The letter does not say anything about the length of the visa, just give a date when it has to be activated by. Do they just issue the 2 years when you arrive at the airport?

So as far as I know, I just need to get insurance and flights. Is there anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Just received LOI/POE last night!! Get in!!! Thanks to all people who contributed to this thread, it has been a great source of information.

Has anybody that has received their LOIs gone yet? The letter does not say anything about the length of the visa, just give a date when it has to be activated by. Do they just issue the 2 years when you arrive at the airport?

So as far as I know, I just need to get insurance and flights. Is there anything else?

activite it at the airport, insurance flights and money, suitcase :D

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    activite it at the airport, insurance flights and money, suitcase :D

Nice one!!! I'm outta here!! Did you get your's sorted yet?

Nice one!!! I'm outta here!! Did you get your's sorted yet?

no LOI yet, when you heading and where to?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

This waiting for the LOI is a pain in the arse. Still at least everything's submitted and hopefully correct.

Also trying to plan to get there for the end of May, where I have a few friends who are heading to the US for a few days. Since it's pretty straightforward to go from Canada--->Us and back. Then I'll get stuck into the job hunt once I'm back, I guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

That working abroad expo was the best thing ever... my BF is after getting offered a 2 year contract!! Gimme my LOI pleeeeeaaaassee!!!!

that for the company?;) congrats:)

no LOI yet, when you heading and where to?

Heading to Toronto, I lived there before and didn't want to leave but I was deemed ineligible for the visa last year based on the habitual residency clause. I will probably head this weekend coming. Just checking flights here, fairly expensive flying from Ireland. Air Transat from Gatwick is the cheapest, but bit of a pain to have to fly to London first.....

your heading this weeknd? what a hero:D:D

Heading to Toronto, I lived there before and didn't want to leave but I was deemed ineligible for the visa last year based on the habitual residency clause. I will probably head this weekend coming. Just checking flights here, fairly expensive flying from Ireland. Air Transat from Gatwick is the cheapest, but bit of a pain to have to fly to London first.....

thats eager :D check out skyscanner i was getting dub to toronto this sat for 349euro. have you a job lined up over there?

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    your heading this weeknd? what a hero:D:D

Yep, can't wait to get back!!!:D

what a ledgend ya swear it was just down the road you were going:) all the best dude:)

• Advertisement

what a ledgend ya swear it was just down the road you were going:) all the best dude:)

Ah, to be fair I lived there before for over 2 years and have a lot of friends there so it's not that big of a move for me now. When I went there first, I didn't know anybody, and was tough enough for a few months until I got sorted with job, apartment etc. Best thing I ever did though!!

yea exactly what i am doing with calgary good to hear it worked out for you hopefully the same will apply to me;)

thats eager :D check out skyscanner i was getting dub to toronto this sat for 349euro. have you a job lined up over there?

No job lined up over there yet, but I work remotely for a company at the moment so I will hopefully continue to do that for a while over there until I get sorted. I work in IT which is a good industry so fingers crossed I should get something sorted fairly quickly....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

yea exactly what i am doing with calgary good to hear it worked out for you hopefully the same will apply to me;)

and me :o :rolleyes:

Oh yea taught you had given up on the idea awful quite on here lately;)

No job lined up over there yet, but I work remotely for a company at the moment so I will hopefully continue to do that for a while over there until I get sorted. I work in IT which is a good industry so fingers crossed I should get something sorted fairly quickly....

best of luck in toronto and finding a new job, you made the right choice :)

best of luck in toronto and finding a new job, you made the right choice :)

cheers mate, I hope you get your LOI soon. Nice feeling when you see it come through!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

I am nearly there but of course another problem, anyone shed some light on this, ive tried putting my name and middle name in the given name section but its not working either way aaargh.....

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

So does anybody have any clue about this???
    I tried my first and last, then my first, middle, and last name. No luck
    I then reapplied by making a new GC key making sure my full name was on it, and still it says there's a problem when i try to submit my forms!!
    I've literally been at it for about 4 hours now and no luck:mad:

So does anybody have any clue about this???
    I tried my first and last, then my first, middle, and last name. No luck
    I then reapplied by making a new GC key making sure my full name was on it, and still it says there's a problem when i try to submit my forms!!
    I've literally been at it for about 4 hours now and no luck:mad:

is this at the very end when you try the digital signature part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

del777 wrote: »
    That working abroad expo was the best thing ever... my BF is after getting offered a 2 year contract!! Gimme my LOI pleeeeeaaaassee!!!!

hey, just wondering did the expo only have things for people with a trade? not sure if its worth me going to one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement