Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

it was mostly trades or trades realted but there was quite a lot of other jobs too a lot of nurseing it etc:)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Yeah, when i have to put in my name and the answer to a security question, it comes up with that sentence at the top of the page in red once i have submitted!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Yeah, when i have to put in my name and the answer to a security question, it comes up with that sentence at the top of the page in red once i have submitted!

try contacting Black_shadow, he had the same problem as yourself. you'll get his username in the previous page.

gary27 wrote: »
    try contacting Black_shadow, he had the same problem as yourself. you'll get his username in the previous page.

Will do, Thanks very much!

Will do, Thanks very much!

no problem, it seems only to be happening to people with middle names :D

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    no problem, it seems only to be happening to people with middle names :D

I would try without my middle name, but because it's on my passport i don't think they would accept it!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    it was mostly trades or trades realted but there was quite a lot of other jobs too a lot of nurseing it etc:)

thanks, i work in music PR and event management so was hoping they'd have more admin based stuff just to try get something to tide me over whilst i make contacts and that there. going to contact different companies behind festivals there before i go so hopefully sort something. be great to have a possible job before i go but sure what harm if i dont :)

I would try without my middle name, but because it's on my passport i don't think they would accept it!:confused:

i would stick with whats on the passport which has to be the same on the 1295 form, when you were creating the gc acc did you include your middlename?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

amster wrote: »
    thanks, i work in music PR and event management so was hoping they'd have more admin based stuff just to try get something to tide me over whilst i make contacts and that there. going to contact different companies behind festivals there before i go so hopefully sort something. be great to have a possible job before i go but sure what harm if i dont :)

Hey, ye as just ross said it was mainly trades & nursing/medical jobs... Im in admin/finance and there was nothing for me at all so was walking around like a lost pup.... defo beneficial for himself though....!

JustRoss, how did you get on? Did you get any leads?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

thanks, its good to know cos i didn't want to travel up just for it to be a waste of time, would have been sick lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

So does anybody have any clue about this???
    I tried my first and last, then my first, middle, and last name. No luck
    I then reapplied by making a new GC key making sure my full name was on it, and still it says there's a problem when i try to submit my forms!!
    I've literally been at it for about 4 hours now and no luck:mad:

I feel your pain,ive been trying it since last night! Blackshadow had same problem as me and started again as we were advised and it worked for her/him... i did the same but just waiting til i go home to upload the photo and it better work or i will cry! when i registered again today, i made sure to register my name and middle name... hopefully it will work.. :confused:

Hey dell overall it was great i got some good contacts but sadly none for Calgary i have my heart set on there so gonna continue with my plan and head there and if all else fails i will get in contact with the numbers i got:)

Whats everyone doing about bringing their mobile phones? My contract is up on my bill pay phone and im due an upgrade and not sure if ill sign another 18 month contract.. are people just bringing their mobile phones and buying a canadian sim or can you do that? Would you have to buy a phone in Canada?

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Whats everyone doing about bringing their mobile phones? My contract is up on my bill pay phone and im due an upgrade and not sure if ill sign another 18 month contract.. are people just bringing their mobile phones and buying a canadian sim or can you do that? Would you have to buy a phone in Canada?

I will probably get a sim over there and sign up a contract and buy a new phone after a while as the one I have is anicent :D but the battery lasts much longer than those smartphones.

yeah the battery on the smartphones would barely last you a day..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Can anybody recommend an insurance company to use? Is there guidelines regarding the type of insurance you need? I can't see any details on the IEC website....

backpackerinsurance.ie or blue insurance.ie both 285 for 2 years.

Can anybody recommend an insurance company to use? Is there guidelines regarding the type of insurance you need? I can't see any details on the IEC website....

http://www.go4less.ie/insurance/index_canada.asp

there is backpackers insurance but you allows more return visits home on go4less than backpackers up to a max of 14days

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Thanks guys!!!

Also do you know is its OK to just get a 1 way flight? I know when I participated in the program via USIT a couple of years ago, you were required to have a return flight booked, but the visa was for 12 months then and not 24. So not sure if I can just book a 1 way flight...

one ways fine dude.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys!!!

Also do you know is its OK to just get a 1 way flight? I know when I participated in the program via USIT a couple of years ago, you were required to have a return flight booked, but the visa was for 12 months then and not 24. So not sure if I can just book a 1 way flight...

nah one way flight shouldn't be any problem, the same for all of us and besides i don't think you can book 2 years in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JennyCass

Hey Guys - i am having trouble uploading my IMM1295 Form to the My CIC thing - all the other froms, docs have uploaded fine - but any time i go to upload the IMM1295 it tells me that there are invalid entries in my form - even though there isnt and it has validated fine?

ANyone have any ideas or same issues??

JennyCass wrote: »
    Hey Guys - i am having trouble uploading my IMM1295 Form to the My CIC thing - all the other froms, docs have uploaded fine - but any time i go to upload the IMM1295 it tells me that there are invalid entries in my form - even though there isnt and it has validated fine?

ANyone have any ideas or same issues??

check your intended employment in canada section, i left the address part blank which worked for me also put unknown in employer name, address and job title/description if that is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I came here last Sept on a One way ticket, no questions were asked.
    I think as a "just in case" precaution you should bring proof of funds, just in case you are asked to prove you have the financial resources to get yourself home.
    But again, I'd say you will be sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

For the people having trouble signing at the end , My mate had the same problem I checked his Imm1295 form and the very first section for names you have full name/family name then your given names.

His mistake was for full name family name he put given names and surname in and then given names in the proper section so at the checklist documents page his name was comin up as joe bloggs joe bloggs doyle (fake name obviously)! So i changed his name in the imm1295 form to just the surname.

Form does say full name alright but then underneath it says just family name, sorry if this sounds confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laura_mc

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone who with any driving convictions have been accepted yet? Me and my fiance have applied for the UK IEC, but he has a driving conviction (driving without due care and attention) and am worried this will fail it.

I've searched through the thread but couldn't see anyone who has been accepted with a conviction so would help put my mind at ease if someone out there has!

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

laura_mc wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone who with any driving convictions have been accepted yet? Me and my fiance have applied for the UK IEC, but he has a driving conviction (driving without due care and attention) and am worried this will fail it.

I've searched through the thread but couldn't see anyone who has been accepted with a conviction so would help put my mind at ease if someone out there has!

Thank you

I had two for no NCT and got accepted. Aslong has he hasnt got any drink driving convictions he should be fine, drink drivins a big no no for them

For the people having trouble signing at the end , My mate had the same problem I checked his Imm1295 form and the very first section for names you have full name/family name then your given names.

His mistake was for full name family name he put given names and surname in and then given names in the proper section so at the checklist documents page his name was comin up as joe bloggs joe bloggs doyle (fake name obviously)! So i changed his name in the imm1295 form to just the surname.

Form does say full name alright but then underneath it says just family name, sorry if this sounds confusing

OH MY GOD!! im still trying to get past this problem, and when i look at the page it does say my full name twice... so i will have to go back and change my 1295 form that HAS to be the problem!! thanks so much hopefully this will work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Neverlookback

Hi guys, I've received my conditional offer on my Kompass account and the my work permit on my other account. However my Cic account still has the final decision section marked as pending. I've put my work permit file number into my kompass account. Do I need to wait for everything to be marked as verified/confirmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

With regards the Family Information form, there doesn't seem to be a way to save it or submit it or whatever? What did ye guys do? Print it and scan it back in?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement