Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

With regards the Family Information form, there doesn't seem to be a way to save it or submit it or whatever? What did ye guys do? Print it and scan it back in?

Yeah mate fill it out on the computer, print it then sign it and scan it back in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

Yeah mate fill it out on the computer, print it then sign it and scan it back in:D

You're a sound man! I guess this goes for the others too, though I think they can be saved. And I might as well clarify that it is the 707 family form and not the other one. :D

The imm1295 form dont print that off you just validate that form and upload it from your computer there is no need to sign it!! Messed up process i know

Yeah mate the 5707 family form is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

That's the job! Print out a t-shirt with your username on it and if I ever see ya over there, I'll buy ya a drink! Thanks man!

No bother lad , best of luck tya :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Oh yea taught you had given up on the idea awful quite on here lately;)

Haha busy man ;-)!!

Cream Bun wrote: »
    I feel your pain,ive been trying it since last night! Blackshadow had same problem as me and started again as we were advised and it worked for her/him... i did the same but just waiting til i go home to upload the photo and it better work or i will cry! when i registered again today, i made sure to register my name and middle name... hopefully it will work.. :confused:

Ya worked for me, I am a guy by the way haha :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Just got my POE Letter of Introduction!!! relief!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Just got my POE Letter of Introduction!!! relief!!!

Cool! How long were you waiting?? Im on day 11 and counting!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

For the people having trouble signing at the end , My mate had the same problem I checked his Imm1295 form and the very first section for names you have full name/family name then your given names.

His mistake was for full name family name he put given names and surname in and then given names in the proper section so at the checklist documents page his name was comin up as joe bloggs joe bloggs doyle (fake name obviously)! So i changed his name in the imm1295 form to just the surname.

Form does say full name alright but then underneath it says just family name, sorry if this sounds confusing

IT WORKED!! I had my given names in the 'family name' section so once I changes this it went through, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

• Advertisement

Ya worked for me, I am a guy by the way haha :-D

Thanks for clearing that one up haha:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 octo7

Have any of the successful participants had their status updated on the IEC site yet? Mine still says 'pending' even though I already have the letter from immigration granting me a permit.

Will i get a msg through mycic account or iec account when i am notified i got my POE/LOI? :D, Cant wait to get out of here!!

Will i get a msg through mycic account or iec account when i am notified i got my POE/LOI? :D, Cant wait to get out of here!!

You get your letter of introduction through IEC, they will send it to you as a message on your kompass account, they will e-mail you too informing you they've sent the message. Then you upload it to the myCIC account you have to set up for the immigration phase of the assessment
    If you're waiting for the one granting you a work permit, that will be sent to your myCIC account, but you'll also get an e-mail telling you it's there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

octo7 wrote: »
    You get your letter of introduction through IEC, they will send it to you as a message on your kompass account, they will e-mail you too informing you they've sent the message. Then you upload it to the myCIC account you have to set up for the immigration phase of the assessment
    If you're waiting for the one granting you a work permit, that will be sent to your myCIC account, but you'll also get an e-mail telling you it's there.

OCTO: It is the Conditional Letter that you get through IEC.

Black: You get the POE/LOI through your myCIC account.

SAKBOUND wrote: »
    OCTO: It is the Conditional Letter that you get through IEC.

Black: You get the POE/LOI through your myCIC account.

Yeah the conditional acceptance letter comes from IEC/Kompass stating you are eligible for their program, then you have to do your assessment on the MYCIC site where you upload required documents, one of the required documents is the conditional acceptance letter from IEC/Kompass.

Then after you get through uploading all that stuff, they may ask for additional stuff like a letter explaining why you want to come to Canada or even proof of funds. I was asked for both! I was surprised because on the IEC site they give you the impression you won't need proof of funds until you arrive in Canada.

I've finished the whole process now and have my work permit letter, But I am freaking out because I noticed on the IEC letters, they have my country of residence down as Afghanistan for some reason! A clerical error I assume, waiting to hear back from them about that. Luckily my work permit letter has the correct Irish address on it.

here's what they will ask you to upload for sure:

iec conditional acceptance letter
    a copy of your passport
    a digital photograph,
    an immigration form with family details (you download it directly from them)
    another immigration form giving your own details
    a CV
    a Police Certificate

and then it is possible they will ask you for:

A letter of explanation (type a letter informing them of why you want to participate in the program)
    Proof of funds ( a bank statement)

You may not be asked for proof of funds and a letter like I was. I did the whole process myself and didn't bother with Usit or a third-party program so that might be why they asked me for those additional things.

To clarify for people.

IEC/Kopass is run by the Canadian Dept of Foreign Affairs and MYCIC is run by the Canadian Immigration Bureau, that's why there are two separate assessments. The most important thing about the the IE/Kompass part is getting that acceptance letter in order to make your life easier when you apply for the work permit with the Department of Immigration via your MYCIC account.

It's important to know they are two separate departments and one doesn't necessarily know what the other is doing. It's also why you will be asked to upload your passport a second time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

gary27 wrote: »
    no problem, it seems only to be happening to people with middle names :D

I had middle name too, and it worked perfectly....I think :confused: ah no, it said submitted. It's all gone through now. I think it could be a glitch in the system, or maybe I was just lucky with the time I was submitting everything - early hours of the morning!!

I have a question though - shortly after submitting all required documents I received an email then from CIC with a number, beginning with W - that's the one you then put into the Kompass account isn't it? The application number?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

CatMc48 wrote: »

I have a question though - shortly after submitting all required documents I received an email then from CIC with a number, beginning with W - that's the one you then put into the Kompass account isn't it? The application number?

Yep, that's the number for Kompass! :)

I had middle name too, and it worked perfectly....I think :confused: ah no, it said submitted. It's all gone through now. I think it could be a glitch in the system, or maybe I was just lucky with the time I was submitting everything - early hours of the morning!!

ya you copy that W number into that the iec account and go to my profile, update my cic file number and put in there, fill in the your security answers and update :D

• Advertisement

Yep, that's the number you need. Now you need to logon to your kompass account, go to 'my profile' and then 'update cic file number' to input it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Thanks guys!!

So now I just continue to wait......

Yep. Kompass never updated my status even after I entered the number, but what really matters is the letter from mycic granting you a permit.

Another tip for people; I did a lot of shopping around. Get your insurance from blue insurance or go4less, get your flight from Air Transat. My flight cost 227 euro direct from Dublin to Toronto, insurance for 2 years cost me about 280. A lot less than Usit or anybody else will charge you.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Suarez20

How long do you have since getting your letter until you need to start registering on the Kompass website? I ain't heading over until October so no plans to upload info soon as long as I got my conditional letter

Yep, that's the number you need. Now you need to logon to your kompass account, go to 'my profile' and then 'update cic file number' to input it.

Ok whats all this malarky about inputting our W number into Kompass account? Does it instruct us to do this somewhere? All it says on my letter is that my application has been received and if they require any more information theyll et me know.. never knew we had to go putting that number in somewhere else??

Yeah it tells you somewhere in the small print. So you just go back to IEC/kompass, log in, go to 'my profile', and from there it lets you 'change/update' the number and submit it. I think it's more for their benefit but you should probably do it anyway to be safe.

Suarez20 wrote: »
    How long do you have since getting your letter until you need to start registering on the Kompass website? I ain't heading over until October so no plans to upload info soon as long as I got my conditional letter

When you get the letter from iec/kompass you should start the second phase straight away on mycic. The letter of acceptance they give you from kompass/iec will only be valid for a few months so you need to upload it to mycic asap. Don't worry though, you will have to fill in the dates you plan on going to Canada in the second application, it won't be a problem that you are leaving in October. The time only starts ticking down on your visa/permit from the moment you arrive in Canada.

Ok thanks for that- just did it there! But i would never have known to do that unless I read it here?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

Yep. Kompass never updated my status even after I entered the number, but what really matters is the letter from mycic granting you a permit.

Another tip for people; I did a lot of shopping around. Get your insurance from blue insurance or go4less, get your flight from Air Transat. My flight cost 227 euro direct from Dublin to Toronto, insurance for 2 years cost me about 280. A lot less than Usit or anybody else will charge you.

Hey I was just wondering how you got the two years insurance. Anywhere I have looked will only give me a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Hey I was just wondering how you got the two years insurance. Anywhere I have looked will only give me a year.

check this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056879926&page=4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement