Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 octo7

Hey I was just wondering how you got the two years insurance. Anywhere I have looked will only give me a year.

I got mine from go4less

http://www.go4less.ie/insurance/index_canada.asp

If anybody has any queries, pm me on here and I will do my best to help. I know how it feels to be in the dark about this stuff, I had a lot of stress getting through my process and will be happy to help anyone else along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Cream Bun wrote: »
    IT WORKED!! I had my given names in the 'family name' section so once I changes this it went through, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

so you had your first name in the surname section???
    I have my surname in the "family name" section, then my first name and middle name in the "given name" section...is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I have my surname in the "family name" section, then my first name and middle name in the "given name" section...is that right?

yes correct

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

any point of getting insurance before i get my POE or LOI??

• Advertisement

Nah, wait until you get your letter. The insurance isn't likely to go up in price or anything. I'd hold off just to be safe.

no wait until you get the LOI then book flight then get insurance.

Great, thanks lads, hope it wont be to long for me and whoever else is waiting to get it! :P!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Just a tip, buy insurance before buying flight, that way, if you have to cancel, you're covered.

Just a tip, buy insurance before buying flight, that way, if you have to cancel, you're covered.

Thanks that's a good tip since i was looking up flights but that makes logical sense, thanks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

yeah thats perfect. i had my given names and surname in the family section, so just nee surname there and any given names in given names section!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

I just counted up in the TIMELINES thread that 16 people have their visas, ie completed stage two and ready to travel.
    Sounds a bit slow. Perhaps MANY others have them but aren't reporting it.
    Here's hoping it won't be too long more.....

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

I just counted up in the TIMELINES thread that 16 people have their visas, ie completed stage two and ready to travel.
    Sounds a bit slow. Perhaps MANY others have them but aren't reporting it.
    Here's hoping it won't be too long more.....

I'm at 22 days and counting since submitting everything to CIC....the wait is torture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

on my POE letter it says ive untill march 2015 to enter canada, i thought it was only meant to be a year? my friend has the same on his

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dextersworld_

Im at 14 including a request after 7 days for the family form which I completed wrong, Its like waiting on a text u sent someone u fancy and their leaving u hanging, torture...

Quote=EvilDead13;83517087]

I'm at 22 days and counting since submitting everything to CIC....the wait is torture![/Quote]

on my POE letter it says ive untill march 2015 to enter canada, i thought it was only meant to be a year? my friend has the same on his

yeah its now 2 years to activite visa which is a good thing :D

cool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

Scruffy19 wrote: »

Everything is digitally signed at the end. Have you got you police clearance? just scan it and upload it to the correct section on your CIC account

How is everything digitally signed?

How is this done?

Sorry but i'm clueless on this!

(I have received my police clearance and i will upload that shortly)

Starkey18 wrote: »
    How is everything digitally signed?

How is this done?

Sorry but i'm clueless on this!

(I have received my police clearance and i will upload that shortly)

after everything is submitted you sign it digitally at the end of the application online.

gary27 wrote: »
    after everything is submitted you sign it digitally at the end of the application online.

I see, and how is this done?

Do i have to scan and upload my signature?

• Advertisement

I see, and how is this done?

Do i have to scan and upload my signature?

no you simply type in your name etc and hit submit application, have you started your application on mycic yet?

no you simply type in your name etc and hit submit application, have you started your application on mycic yet?

I've just started it, saw the signatures and tried to work them out first.

Thanks for your help

I've just started it, saw the signatures and tried to work them out first.

Thanks for your help

ok don't try in stress out too much with the application, read through it carefully and search boards for your answers as many of the questions you may have in the near future have been answered.

ok don't try in stress out too much with the application, read through it carefully and search boards for your answers as many of the questions you may have in the near future have been answered.

Yeah thanks, its a pain of a process.

I'll have a bit of a read through the forum next time, just that 400 pages is a little intimidating when im already quite frustrated

Yeah thanks, its a pain of a process.

I'll have a bit of a read through the forum next time, just that 400 pages is a little intimidating when im already quite frustrated

we all felt that way, use the search option on top right of megathreads search using for example keyword such as photo or 1295 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Cream Bun wrote: »
    yeah thats perfect. i had my given names and surname in the family section, so just nee surname there and any given names in given names section!

right well i'm really confused then cause that's what i had and it's still not working??? maybe if i just take out my middle name, do you think that would work???

I've completed and signed the first form with no problem.

However the second form with the family information has no 'Validate' button, as such, i cant sign the document. It wont let me place the cursor over the signature section.

Any ideas?

However the second form with the family information has no 'Validate' button, as such, i cant sign the document. It wont let me place the cursor over the signature section.

Any ideas?

maybe read back through the posts, this has been answered umpteen times!!!!!

Any ideas?

search the thread using the search option, search for 5707 which is the family form.

• Advertisement

search the thread using the search option, search for 5707 which is the family form.

Thanks.

So basically i have to print the forms off, sign them and then scan them.

Final question (for now):

Im currently living in Canada, should i put this as my current country of residence or should i put it as the UK?

Thanks and apologies if this has been answered already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement