Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Starkey18 wrote: »
    Thanks.

So basically i have to print the forms off, sign them and then scan them.

Final question (for now):

Im currently living in Canada, should i put this as my current country of residence or should i put it as the UK?

Thanks and apologies if this has been answered already

if you are refering to the 1295 form then I think you put canada down for current residence as you are currently there. May I ask where abouts are you?
    Are you currently on the iec visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

For the cv you upload to my cic, do you need to add ALL work and periods of unemployment? Or is it just a regular cv with work that suits the job you apply for?

Sorry if this silly question, I did search forum, but couldn't find answer

lovemytea wrote: »
    For the cv you upload to my cic, do you need to add ALL work and periods of unemployment? Or is it just a regular cv with work that suits the job you apply for?

Sorry if this silly question, I did search forum, but couldn't find answer

everything from the last 10 years any gaps need to be included and has to be same as 1295 form and the initial kompass submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

i didnt include any gaps when i was between jobs and things, like when i came home from oz a few years back i wasnt at anything for a few months but never included that on the cv, i just put down my employment over the last 10 years and if there was gaps in between jobs i didnt write unemployed or anything...all they want is your job title, company, dates and brief description of duties and if there isnt enough room continue it on a word doc and upload it where it says letter of explanation...

thats what i did anyway and mine was accepted and visa received!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea i wrote down unemployed-seeking work and i have my visa Calgary see ya April 16th;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Officially withdrew from the programme today, the job offer I had in Toronto got withdrawn a while ago and I really couldn't have afforded to go over there without the security of having a job as I was struggling to have the $2000 saved up by the time I was planning to leave in January... Plan is to save like a mad thing for the next year or two and re-apply then.

Sickened I'm not going anymore but there's no point if I'm not set up right financially... And hopefully someone who really needs to get over will be able to take my place now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starkey18

gary27 wrote: »
    if you are refering to the 1295 form then I think you put canada down for current residence as you are currently there. May I ask where abouts are you?
    Are you currently on the iec visa?

Yeah im going to put Canada down as current place of residence.

Im currently living in Whistler as a ski bum. Im not on the IEC as i was too late to apply when i came back to England last year. Its pretty dreamy out here though, just annoying having no work

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

giggii wrote: »
    Officially withdrew from the programme today, the job offer I had in Toronto got withdrawn a while ago and I really couldn't have afforded to go over there without the security of having a job as I was struggling to have the $2000 saved up by the time I was planning to leave in January... Plan is to save like a mad thing for the next year or two and re-apply then.

Sickened I'm not going anymore but there's no point if I'm not set up right financially... And hopefully someone who really needs to get over will be able to take my place now! :)

bummer sorry too hear that ,at least u didnt waste the place anyhow

best of luck with the saving .

Yeah im going to put Canada down as current place of residence.

Im currently living in Whistler as a ski bum. Im not on the IEC as i was too late to apply when i came back to England last year. Its pretty dreamy out here though, just annoying having no work

ok, you there as a visitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melonball

hey iv kinda asked this already..but is there anyone else still on the Kompass account? anyone who hasnt moved on to stage 2 yet? i havent heard anythin since the 7th feb! starting to worry as everyone on here seems to be on the 2nd stage! let me know if anyone else is out there at the same...then i might feel a bit better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

melonball wrote: »
    hey iv kinda asked this already..but is there anyone else still on the Kompass account? anyone who hasnt moved on to stage 2 yet? i havent heard anythin since the 7th feb! starting to worry as everyone on here seems to be on the 2nd stage! let me know if anyone else is out there at the same...then i might feel a bit better!

Hey melonball, did you pay before the requested date? If so you are probably grand but I would recommend emailing them. There may be a glitch in the system or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

bummer sorry too hear that ,at least u didnt waste the place anyhow

best of luck with the saving .

How would he have been wasting a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melonball

hey thanks! have paid and all....myt try emailing them now! cheers!

ok, you there as a visitor?

Yeah, i can stay for up to 6 months as a visitor

Yeah, i can stay for up to 6 months as a visitor

ok i see you need the visa to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 marcher87

Im at 14 including a request after 7 days for the family form which I completed wrong, Its like waiting on a text u sent someone u fancy and their leaving u hanging, torture...

Quote=EvilDead13;83517087]

I'm at 22 days and counting since submitting everything to CIC....the wait is torture!
    [/QUOTE]

What exactly did you do wrong on the form? hope ya dont mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Don't worry, I applied 3 times before I got here.
    Canada will be here for you next year and you'll get going.
    Hopefully the process will be ironed out by then and it'll be easier next time. Plus there'll be 10,000 visas so it'll be less of a blind panic!
    Best of luck.

Gary27, im still struggling with these signatures.

I've validated the first form (1295) and i'm trying to type in my signature, however it wont type! Is this how im supposed to do it?

Gary27, im still struggling with these signatures.

I've validated the first form (1295) and i'm trying to type in my signature, however it wont type! Is this how im supposed to do it?

you don't put signature in 1295 leave it blank.

you don't put signature in 1295 leave it blank.

really?

so is it just the family one? i've printed that one off, signed it and scanned it.

i assume the main signature is once all the documents are uploaded? then i type my name in?

thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

You don't type your signature on the form. You just save and validate it. You type your signature when you've completed all the forms and have hit the submit button

Lima Golf wrote: »
    You don't type your signature on the form. You just save and validate it. You type your signature when you've completed all the forms and have hit the submit button

thanks!

is this the same for the family form? i assume people have done several different things that have all been successful by the sounds of it.

really?

so is it just the family one? i've printed that one off, signed it and scanned it.

i assume the main signature is once all the documents are uploaded? then i type my name in?

thanks for the help.

yes to the family one, theres a signature at the end of the whole process.

yes to the family one, theres a signature at the end of the whole process.

brilliant, thank you. hopefully im on the right tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Question regarding the CV.

Is it a bare essential CV, so just name, birth, education and then places you have worked? I only ask as on my CV i have my skills listed for design etc.

Thanks.

Gintonious wrote: »
    Question regarding the CV.

Is it a bare essential CV, so just name, birth, education and then places you have worked? I only ask as on my CV i have my skills listed for design etc.

Thanks.

It doesn't really make a difference, as long as your date add up and correspond to your application you should be fine! :)

It doesn't really make a difference, as long as your date add up and correspond to your application you should be fine! :)

Do you mean for the applications in the CIC section? Or the first part?

At the minute I just have the years in for my jobs, should I add the months?

Do you mean for the applications in the CIC section? Or the first part?

At the minute I just have the years in for my jobs, should I add the months?

For both, they're probably going to cross reference... If you're sure of the months put them in, if not you're probably safer not to, but you probably had to put in the months for the first part anyway, I did as far as I recall...

For both, they're probably going to cross reference... If you're sure of the months put them in, if not you're probably safer not to, but you probably had to put in the months for the first part anyway, I did as far as I recall...

Indeed you did, balls, I can't remember what I did for the first section. I rounded it out, can we re-check the IEC part?

• Advertisement

Indeed you did, balls, I can't remember what I did for the first section. I rounded it out, can we re-check the IEC part?

Afraid not, those parts are locked after you submit the details... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement