Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

giggii wrote: »
    Afraid not, those parts are locked after you submit the details... :(

Balls anyway, I think I remember them anyway, at least for my jobs anyway, fingers crossed.

Will this will strictly checked over?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Gintonious wrote: »
    Balls anyway, I think I remember them anyway, at least for my jobs anyway, fingers crossed.

Will this will strictly checked over?

Once you know the job dates you'll be fine, not entirely sure how strict they are but if you're fairly on target with them I doubt they'd refuse to let you into the country if you said you finished a job in May instead of June or something like that... There's worse mistakes you could make! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

giggii wrote: »
    Once you know the job dates you'll be fine, not entirely sure how strict they are but if you're fairly on target with them I doubt they'd refuse to let you into the country if you said you finished a job in May instead of June or something like that... There's worse mistakes you could make! :)

Hope so, would be a pity if I was refused on that basis!.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 topofthemornig

Hey,
    im kinda in the same boat with visafirst...The last email I got from the IEC was late on 15th Feb...On the same date I emailed off the last of my required stuff and PRESUMED they'd deal with it quite quickly.After reading your post I rang them yesterday to find out they've done nothin yet.Some excuse about the system crashing due to the amount of people uploading their stuff.I'll be ringing again tomorrow to follow up and if I get no joy Ill be looking to speak to someone about it...And Ill be ringing them EVERY DAY....Have u contacted them recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

I have been asked to submit the code from the "Code to Canada" survey but cant seem to find the place to do it. I have submitted my application so don't want to start the process all over again.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 manwho2

anyone book flights to calgary yet ? any prices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

Has anyone gotten this request?

Client Information: Receipt of information from client Please note: if you are experiencing technical difficulties submitting the requested document(s), please send an e-mail to question@cic.gc.ca with a brief description of the issue, including your full name, date of birth and application number. This must be received at this office by: 03/27/2013

Any advise for me on what. Emailed the website but they just sent me back a more confusing explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

manwho2 wrote: »
    Most people are using http://www.skyscanner.ie/ to check prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea i did mid april one way 366:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dextersworld_

Ask that shower for your username and password so u can log on and do it urself.. from what I can gather they are just logging onto the same system as everyone else, they can not guarantee u a visa or speed up the processing time regardless of how much u paid them.

Hey,
    im kinda in the same boat with visafirst...The last email I got from the IEC was late on 15th Feb...On the same date I emailed off the last of my required stuff and PRESUMED they'd deal with it quite quickly.After reading your post I rang them yesterday to find out they've done nothin yet.Some excuse about the system crashing due to the amount of people uploading their stuff.I'll be ringing again tomorrow to follow up and if I get no joy Ill be looking to speak to someone about it...And Ill be ringing them EVERY DAY....Have u contacted them recently??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Hi,

I few questions regarding CIC:

What family info form is everyone filling in? That IMM5707 says its for passport holders of South Africa etc, and I'm obv an Irish passport holder

Also, application form IMM1295... are we supposed to have a job offer before we get into Canada? I can't validate the form by leaving information about the prospective job blank. What did you do to overcome that?

Thanks,

Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 7 manwho2

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea i did mid april one way 366:D

that sounds very reasonable cheapest, i can find on skyskanner is 444
    for mid april

• Registered Users Posts: 2 esioul

hey everyone

im having a 'mare with uploading the IMM1295 form, can anyone help? it says that it cannot upload due to errors but i cannt figure out what the errors are as it doesn't highlight them? sorry i know this sounds like a rant but im stressin as this is the last form to upload. any help wud be much appreciated tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Just received my poe letter but I'm confused...

It says things like my application has been approved and that is all okay and i have to enter by this date and leave etc...

But there's no dates, my names not on it, no reference numbers are on it..

that sounds very reasonable cheapest, i can find on skyskanner is 444
    for mid april

your not looking hard nuff here mate just cause i am in a good mood:eek:;) still 366
    http://www.skyscanner.ie/flights/dub/yyc/130416/airfares-from-dublin-to-calgary-in-april-2013.html

Keano! wrote: »
    Just received my poe letter but I'm confused...

It says things like my application has been approved and that is all okay and i have to enter by this date and leave etc...

But there's no dates, my names not on it, no reference numbers are on it..

Really?:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 chrismcelwee

bapman30 wrote: »
    Great that I finally got that part solved, now another snag in this crappy process. Now when doing digital signing i get:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
      The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I dont know where this is coming from!!!!

Hey man, did you ever get past this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

when you get the POE letter what happens then? is that it? you just show up at your airport of choice in Canada and hand in that letter along with proof of having insurance and money in the bank etc?

but there is nothing more to be done now? no more uploading or doing anything online?

yea thats the process done mate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

cuterob wrote: »
    when you get the POE letter what happens then? is that it? you just show up at your airport of choice in Canada and hand in that letter along with proof of having insurance and money in the bank etc?

but there is nothing more to be done now? no more uploading or doing anything online?

My POE letter just arrived but is like blank... The table in the middle with the boxes had no info in it... :-/

• Advertisement

oh god not good message them ASAP mine has my uci and date and my name god maybe they will correct it themselves but it should have all your info mate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 octo7

I applied within an hour of it going live and already had my Garda certificate ready as well as my other docs, I assume that's why I have my permit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

What does UCI stand for on the IMM1295 Application form and where do I find it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 octo7

^^^
    are you asking a question or just posting to let others no?:/
    I was letting someone know, I misjudged what was the last page of the thread... problem?

leave it blank if its your first time applying for a visa.

no problems ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 gunty23

leave it blank if its your first time applying for a visa.

Thanks!

No probs:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

So I just received my POE, but one thing I notice that seems to be different from others who've posted here is that I only have one year to activate my visa, not two.

It says "Permit Validity: 2014/03/05"

Just a warning to anyone who was thinking of putting off going there for over a year... Wonder why my activation period is only for a year but others get two years :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Karbolt wrote: »
    So I just received my POE, but one thing I notice that seems to be different from others who've posted here is that I only have one year to activate my visa, not two.

It says "Permit Validity: 2014/03/05"

Just a warning to anyone who was thinking of putting off going there for over a year... Wonder why my activation period is only for a year but others get two years :confused:

karbolt are you from a different country than ireland? the working holiday visa for ireland is two years but it is only for one year for the UK etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement