Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Gintonious wrote: »
    Has anyone started to fill out and upload forms yet? I was going to crack on with it tonight but this was on the CIC section for uploading stuff

I saw that, not sure what it means etc. I uploaded my picture and my passport. Don't got the garda cert yet, not filling in the two forms til the process opens and I am 100% square on what is needed, and as for the CV I'll upload it once I have filled out the forms and I am sure everything matches

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I filled out the Family Information form and then tried to save it in adobe reader but it says the document can't be saved. Anyone else dealt with that? Do I print-sign-scan-upload?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

WasterEx wrote: »
    I filled out the Family Information form and then tried to save it in adobe reader but it says the document can't be saved. Anyone else dealt with that? Do I print-sign-scan-upload?

Yeah wasterex you need to fill it out then print and sign , scan and upload dont see why its different for that and the first form tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

sure lads its not even open yet? so we don't no whats happening yet?ha

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    sure lads its not even open yet? so we don't no whats happening yet?ha

Think it opened on a Monday last year,dont know what time of the day it was:confused: ...i thought i heard after noon somewhere?.

Man ,this carry on is really trying me patients, if doesn't soon open I’m going to hit the bottle:D

• Advertisement

Yea i don't know mate when it opened i just cant wait for this year to open. I set up my CIC and uploaded passport pic ,clearance and digital pic i am not going to do anymore because the process is not even open yet so its pointless:) an hour with instructions when its open should be plenty of time to get it filled out and sent off plus there will be others like myself not great with this technology ****e so we can help each other out and hopefully the IT guru wasterex might give an input too:)

Yea my forms part and my cv are waiting til is open. Can't upload clearance cos the damn thing hasn't arrived yet. Yea afternoon time here sounds right for it to open, morning in can

when did apply send for it?i had mine in 4 days and my mate had hers in 2 guess we were lucky:)

when did apply send for it?i had mine in 4 days and my mate had hers in 2 guess we were lucky:)

I applied on Monday the 14th - Monday of LAST week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭bhob

Whats the difference between the IEC visa and the CIC visa?

• Advertisement

Yeah wasterex you need to fill it out then print and sign , scan and upload dont see why its different for that and the first form tho

Excellent, just one other thing; On the family information form where it lists the applicant it asks you to tick a whether or not this person is coming with you but the thing is...the person is YOU so wtf?

WasterEx wrote: »
    Excellent, just one other thing; On the family information form where it lists the applicant it asks you to tick a whether or not this person is coming with you but the thing is...the person is YOU so wtf?

Well obviously you tick that you are coming to Canada with you, unless you were planning on leaving you at home!!

wasterex heres a handy owl job for us give it a shot next winter?haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ct6ouURSY enjoy..:D

wasterex heres a handy owl job for us give it a shot next winter?haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ct6ouURSY enjoy..:D

Hahaa! Sooo dodgey, I'd do it for a nice wage though ;)

That would double without a doubt your wage you said in a previous thread plus you would get PR out of it. but as you said awful dodgey haha

That would double without a doubt your wage you said in a previous thread plus you would get PR out of it. but as you said awful dodgey haha

Yeah true. I'm gonna consider that type of work anyway just to reel in some extra spending money when I need it :D

Fact even for the challenge i have often worked 14 hours day but not in -55 hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

Hello hello, I'm sure this has already been discussed...but how is everyone doing their digital photo?! Will I get passport photos taken then scan them as a set of four? Head melt!!

Also did anyone do the Canada Student Programme back when they were at college..it was the same as a J1..cos now i dont have my Client Number from that visa!! bah!!

how ya miss McattacK:P..what i did was went in to my local photographer with the requirements he took 4 photos put them on to a CD and cost be a 10euro well worth it i think as i haven't a clue how to change sizes on them etc.:)

how ya miss McattacK:P..what i did was went in to my local photographer with the requirements he took 4 photos put them on to a CD and cost be a 10euro well worth it i think as i haven't a clue how to change sizes on them etc.:)

• Advertisement

uploading onto the MY CIC its just one pic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

one for me anyway!!

Thanking you! You wouldnt have those photo requirements handy by any chance??

Here they are.
    Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540

:)

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

with the Garda cert, I just went into the station, they filled out a form with all my details, previous addresses etc, I got a sheet out a few days later confirming I'd never had any convictions, but it doesnt have passport info or anything, is that the right one?

edit: its stamped, and signed by the chief superintendant, i checked online who the one in the closest station was and its the same guy, guess thats it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

A quick question.

When the visas open, is it soley digital application or can you fill it out by hand? Both myself and a friend are rather confused by the whole thing, about uploading images etc and also about signatures.

Thanks.

A quick question.

When the visas open, is it soley digital application or can you fill it out by hand? Both myself and a friend are rather confused by the whole thing, about uploading images etc and also about signatures.

Thanks.

From this year on it is solely digital

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

hdowney wrote: »
    From this year on it is solely digital

Does that apply for signatures as well? Sorry, just very clueless with this thing.

• Advertisement

Does that apply for signatures as well? Sorry, just very clueless with this thing.

From what I can tell - with your main application you digitally sign it, which I take to mean you click buttons that say you have signed. I may be wrong there, I haven't seen the form yet so....
    With the family form from what people are saying I gather you print it out, sign it, scan it and upload it to the MyCIC again

I am only going on what I know though. I may be wrong

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement