Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

amster wrote: »
    karbolt are you from a different country than ireland? the working holiday visa for ireland is two years but it is only for one year for the UK etc.

Nope I'm Irish. I still got a two year visa but only have one year to activate it, whereas others get until 2015 to enter Canada, hence my confusion...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Karbolt wrote: »

Nope I'm Irish. I still got a two year visa but only have one year to activate it, whereas others get until 2015 to enter Canada, hence my confusion...
    Sorry i read that arseways! Ye thats wierd, cant think of any reason its dif

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Keano! wrote: »
    Just received my poe letter but I'm confused...

It says things like my application has been approved and that is all okay and i have to enter by this date and leave etc...

But there's no dates, my names not on it, no reference numbers are on it..

Don't worry about it. I bet you opened the letter on a phone or tablet. Try opening it on a laptop with adobe installed. My ipad did the same when I opened it but when you check it on a laptop it has all your details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Most people are using http://www.skyscanner.ie/ to check prices

just be careful of budgetair.ie,they seem to be a bit of a scam site,mid week late at nite is the best time to book cheap flights.so far tho aerlingus seem to be the cheapest after all the taxes and charges hav been added on and shortest flight time.some of the cheaper flights have longer stop over in heathrow/chicago so weigh up the options,i spent a few quid mre 4 quick flight as im travellin wit my 4yr old but all u footloose fancy free peeps cud spend the extra hours at the bar celebratin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Hey man, did you ever get past this?

Do you have a middle name? Same thing happened me. In the 1295 form, make sure the family name section has only your SURNAME, and the given name section has your FIRST/MIDDLE names, whatever is on your passport. i had my full name and surname in the family name section, so once i went back and changed this to just my surname it worked. Hope this makes sense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ZuM16

Karbolt wrote: »
    So I just received my POE, but one thing I notice that seems to be different from others who've posted here is that I only have one year to activate my visa, not two.

It says "Permit Validity: 2014/03/05"

Just a warning to anyone who was thinking of putting off going there for over a year... Wonder why my activation period is only for a year but others get two years :confused:

Hey Karbolt I just recieved my POE and like you my validity period is 2014/03/05, strange considering others were given 2 years. I was in Canada 2009-2010 on a working holiday visa and when I was approved for that I had 1 year to activate it also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. I bet you opened the letter on a phone or tablet. Try opening it on a laptop with adobe installed. My ipad did the same when I opened it but when you check it on a laptop it has all your details :)

Ahh thank God! Was wondering wtf was going on. Well that all seems fine thankfully!!

So... now that I have the POE letter and all is looking good, whats my next step? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I'm a bit concerned about this come to canada questionnaire. Every time i clicked the start button it wouldnt work so I just went and signed in and filled out all the forms on My CIC anyway. I got the message from CIC acknowledging they had received my submission so I just assumed all was well.
    I have no idea about some of these codes and numbers people are referring to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Karbolt and ZuM16, would it be anything to do with the current validity of your passport? As in does it expire less than 4 years from now? As that would give you a year to enter Canada and then the full 2 years of your visa?

Just a thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ZuM16

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Karbolt and ZuM16, would it be anything to do with the current validity of your passport? As in does it expire less than 4 years from now? As that would give you a year to enter Canada and then the full 2 years of your visa?

Just a thought?

No my passports good until 2020

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

tutts wrote: »
    just be careful of budgetair.ie,they seem to be a bit of a scam site,mid week late at nite is the best time to book cheap flights.so far tho aerlingus seem to be the cheapest after all the taxes and charges hav been added on and shortest flight time.some of the cheaper flights have longer stop over in heathrow/chicago so weigh up the options,i spent a few quid mre 4 quick flight as im travellin wit my 4yr old but all u footloose fancy free peeps cud spend the extra hours at the bar celebratin!:D

I cant really see how there a scam your flying with british airways and they are much cheaper then air lingus my flight came to a total of 365.98 after taxes added etc. compared to air lingus it was 170 cheaper and i could choose if i wanted to have a wait in heatrow of 1hr and 40mins or 3 hours and a half i choose the longer one as i dont no heatrow and will get a bit of grub etc. and the wait with AL was 4 hours so i would say there grand:)

ZuM16 wrote: »
    Hey Karbolt I just recieved my POE and like you my validity period is 2014/03/05, strange considering others were given 2 years. I was in Canada 2009-2010 on a working holiday visa and when I was approved for that I had 1 year to activate it also

It seems they messed up with the first batch giving us 2 years they realized there mistake and are now correcting it. nothing can be done i would imagine so for us with the 2 years super lucky it seems:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    I cant really see how there a scam your flying with british airways and they are much cheaper then air lingus my flight came to a total of 365.98 after taxes added etc. compared to air lingus it was 170 cheaper and i could choose if i wanted to have a wait in heatrow of 1hr and 40mins or 3 hours and a half i choose the longer one as i dont no heatrow and will get a bit of grub etc. and the wait with AL was 4 hours so i would say there grand:)

I am going to do the same route but fly via Cork as its closer to me then Dublin, go Heatrow, spend a bit of time there to eat etc, then get on the connecting flight to Calgary baby :D! Prob return that way to if i was going to get a return but i just sit tight till i get my POE/LOI :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rachel182

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hey guys anyone here got there visa/poe and tried to print it ?. everytime i try to print it it comes up with missing letters or numbers ...anyone else get that issue

Did you end up working this out? Because I'm having the same issue!
    When I printed it out it didn't have any of my personal details eg. name, address, dates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

rachel182 wrote: »
    Did you end up working this out? Because I'm having the same issue!
    When I printed it out it didn't have any of my personal details eg. name, address, dates etc

When you go to print does it have the "Print What Option" if it does choose Documents and Annotations and see if that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rachel182

SAKBOUND wrote: »
    When you go to print does it have the "Print What Option" if it does choose Documents and Annotations and see if that works.

I shall give that a go! Thanks so much!

I am going to do the same route but fly via Cork as its closer to me then Dublin, go Heatrow, spend a bit of time there to eat etc, then get on the connecting flight to Calgary baby :D! Prob return that way to if i was going to get a return but i just sit tight till i get my POE/LOI :rolleyes: :o

Nice i am flying that route in 41 days ahhhhhhhhhh;):D

Nice i am flying that route in 41 days ahhhhhhhhhh;):D

you lucky son a bitch hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭armadillo86

CatMc48 wrote: »

Just a thought?

No my passport doesn't expire until 2019 so that can't be it. I'm guessing they made a mistake with the first batch of POE's and you're really only supposed to get one year to activate, not two.

leave my moma out of this:o...haha

Ah yea should be good now looking forward to seeing calgary:)

• Advertisement

leave my moma out of this:o...haha

Ah yea should be good now looking forward to seeing calgary:)

haha oh my bad :o, ya fecker, ya should be goodm you will have to keep me posted on the roadhouse ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Hi there. Been following this thread a bit lately but never logged in until now. I got my POE today, which I'm delighted with. Can anyone clarify what exactly I need to do with it once I arrive in Toronto? I mean, where do I go and what's the whole process? Sorry if this question has been asked a million times already.

you just need your print out of your poe and you will have to go through immigration anyway so its there you will get sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

JK9 wrote: »
    Hi there. Been following this thread a bit lately but never logged in until now. I got my POE today, which I'm delighted with. Can anyone clarify what exactly I need to do with it once I arrive in Toronto? I mean, where do I go and what's the whole process? Sorry if this question has been asked a million times already.
    you just need your print out of your poe and you will have to go through immigration anyway so its there you will get sorted:)

And take your travel insurance with you aswell. Make sure its two years so you get a two year work permit at immigration:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melonball

Hi can anyone tell me what to do. iv no job lined up but unsure what to put in form where it says "details of intended work in canada". like do i put in what id like to do or just leave it completely blank?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JK9

Thanks very much.

Looking into insurance now.

melonball wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me what to do. iv no job lined up but unsure what to put in form where it says "details of intended work in canada". like do i put in what id like to do or just leave it completely blank?

N/A for some places or unknown either of them will work :D, hope its helps :D!! worked me and others :D!

N/A for some places or unknown either of them will work :D, hope its helps :D!! worked me and others :D!

cheers! another quick question, do u put in iec-working holiday?! sorry sound dumb but afraid of making a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

melonball wrote: »
    cheers! another quick question, do u put in iec-working holiday?! sorry sound dumb but afraid of making a mistake!

yes unless your applying for something else

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    yes unless your applying for something else

Appreciate all the help! cheers!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement